Sign in to follow this  
Star Crossed

Autopsy - Channel 4 (uk)

Hi,

Sorry, this applies mainly to those in the UK, although I'm sure many of the rest of you would be interested in his website.

Are you familiar with a doctor named Gunther von Hagens? He's famous worldwide for performing human dissections in front of live audiences, for the purposes of demonstration and education. His models of the human circulatory system, taken from real human donors, are quite famous.

Anyhoo, on Channel 4 in the UK, I think every night this week (first was this evening), he's doing a show in which he talks about various aspects of death and their physiological causes, using real specimens and dissections. Fascinating stuff.

Unless you happen to be a surgeon/doctor, you'll probably learn something new about the way your body works (and, ultimately, fails) from watching his shows. The smokers among you will especially "enjoy" the motivation to quit you may feel after watching the show!

T0_27303_1076778.jpg

Gunther von Hagens is a bit of an eccentric to say the least, but his work is fascinating. More power to your scalpel, doc!

Enjoy,

Star Crossed (ex-smoker, acutely aware of the damage done by long-term body abuse)

I didn't watch this show, but I have seen his work, on other C4 shows.

This whole TV autopsy idea could have a lot of entertainment mileage.

You could have a celebrity autopsy, where Gunther performs his slice and dice on a celeb corpse. (Dickie O' might like to volunteer in due course)

A Generation Game type show where Gunther demonstrates to contestants how to dissect a corpse, and hilarity ensues as they attempt to do so.

"Fun with the dead", a TV genre in its infancy.

... and if C4's dazzling array of death-related programmes interests you, so might this article.

What a fabulous potential tie in,

C4 films 'em dying,

Gunther slices 'em up and shows us why they died.

Educational and entertaining, :rolleyes:

'aint TV wunderful.

What has happened to channel 4? I turned it on before and it

seemed ordinary always.

Some guy cut up dead bodies to show how they work.

Last night he focused on the heart and bloodflow. This included simulating bloodflow, blockages and burst arteries.

That is ordinary...

seemed ordinary always.

Last night he focused on the heart and bloodflow. This included simulating bloodflow, blockages and burst arteries.

That is ordinary...

Not if you're one of the dead bodies he cuts up.

I'll be watching tonight.

The show is staring deathlist favourite Mr. Cancer.

I'll be watching tonight.

The show is staring deathlist favourite Mr. Cancer.

Oooh! I look forward to a blow-by-blow review...

Does he have an artist doodling what he is dissecting onto naked people, as he did last time?

Indeed he has. If you're female, you got a learning experience whilst perving over a naked 'muscly hunk' last night.

Indeed he has. If you're female, you got a learning experience whilst perving over a naked 'muscly hunk' last night.

Well if he uses the same models he used last time, if you're male you're in for a real treat tonight! I shall say 'pert', and I shall say no more.

Watching it now. Dennis and Jessica are tonight's models. Not quite sure why it was necessary for him to shave "downstairs" but not her. :D

As for the unfortunate subjects, they appear to have dead for several days at least, so not too much blood and gore. Fascinating viewing.

That one tonight looked so boneless at first glance I thought it must have been Alistair Cooke.

Watching it now. Dennis and Jessica are tonight's models. Not quite sure why it was necessary for him to shave "downstairs" but not her. :D

As for the unfortunate subjects, they appear to have dead for several days at least, so not too much blood and gore. Fascinating viewing.

I hope those poor models get paid a S**t load of money,

they certainly earn it, having creepy Gunther hovering around them in their vulnerable state.

Not quite sure why it was necessary for him to shave "downstairs" but not her. ;)

Indeed, he seemed to have a Hitler moustache for pubes where she was closer to a Castro beard. :D

I shall have to watch this, purely for educational aspects you undestand. :D

I went to the Bodyworlds exhibition when it was in London and found it fascinating. I think celebrities should donate their carcasses after death, so everyone can have a look inside. George Best and his liver would have been a huge hit.

When he was splashing about in the lower abdomen it reminded me of the last time I had oysters.

I shall have to watch this, purely for educational aspects you undestand. :lol:

I went to the Bodyworlds exhibition when it was in London and found it fascinating. I think celebrities should donate their carcasses after death, so everyone can have a look inside. George Best and his liver would have been a huge hit.

How about George Bush's brain?

It's being sought aftere right as we speak......

......................milkcarton2.jpg

seemed ordinary always.

That is ordinary...

Not sure if this ordinary telivision show is shown on the New York "American" stations but either way I doubt I would be watching.

O wait? This was days ago....I didn't watch it.

Aftermath is a completely freaky short film about autopsies. Very graphic, bloody and sick if you're into that sort of thing.

Aw ff, you're no fun! I was looking forward to responding to Mr/s Pussy*.

*Tried dialling the number, btw. All I got was a busy signal. :(