Godot

Cartoonists And Animators

Zappa collaborator Bruce Bickford is apparently dead.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Zappa collaborator Bruck Bickford is apparently dead.

Not sure about Bruck, what was his claim to fame? :D

Marian Del Vecchio, a political cartoonist and longtime Miami Beach activist, died Saturday.

She was 84 and had pancreatic cancer. 
Del Vecchio spent more than 20 years living and documenting the changing character of South Beach through her sharply satirical drawings, shedding light through humor on local government corruption, zoning laws and the needs of the city’s homeless population.  Her cartoons were also regularly featured under the section “A Different View” for the Miami Herald from 2000 to 2005 . Her drawings were also featured at a recent exhibit by the Miami Design Preservation League at the Art Deco Museum.
SC

Former Disney animator, Milton Quon, has died at the age of 105.

The number of people who actually worked with Walt Disney is getting fewer and fewer.

10 hours ago, markb4 said:

The number of people who actually worked with Walt Disney is getting fewer and fewer.

Let's hope he gets a QO

• Like 1

On 20/06/2019 at 11:51, markb4 said:

He may actually still be alive since Wikipedia have removed his date of death. 

2 hours ago, Phantom said:

Will it count as a QO if we find a picture of him holding up the newspaper what published it?

He's definitely dead, it's just that Wikipedia usually doesn't allow social media for citations. I see Cartoon Brew just tweeted about his death, so I'd imagine their website will update about it soon and then that can be used as a proper citation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Death Impends said:

He's definitely dead, it's just that Wikipedia usually doesn't allow social media for citations. I see Cartoon Brew just tweeted about his death, so I'd imagine their website will update about it soon and then that can be used as a proper citation?

Did you just distinguish Twitter from the phrase ‘social media’?   Bwa ha ha ha......

6 hours ago, Phantom said:

I doubt it. Disney ARL is generally very serious about any news in the Disney world.

1 hour ago, Tower1 said:

Now it says that he died June 23rd. lol

If he's still in the US. that's quite an achievement

Quon not getting a single obit is ridiculous.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drol said:

Quon not gettig a single obit is ridicolous.

No, Hilda Hansen not getting a single British QO is goddamn ridiculous.  Quon?  Who the hell is he, some guy drew pictures (supposedly) with Walt himself and lived a long time.  Was he particularly significant?   I've given you his entire resume; tell me why it's ridicolous (sic) he doesn't get a QO?  I found it extremely unlikely in Brit sources that he would.  I find it the same for the 108 or whatever year old dame/broad/hoor who will die soon too.  Working at Disney isn't some catapult to fame.   Unless he/she drew 'Grumpy and Sleepy' or summat, they were nobodies.

That said -- the only people guaranteed not to get a QO are the living.  Still hope!

PS spellcheck can be your friend.
SC

7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

No, Hilda Hansen not getting a single British QO is goddamn ridiculous.  Quon?  Who the hell is he, some guy drew pictures (supposedly) with Walt himself and lived a long time.  Was he particularly significant?   I've given you his entire resume; tell me why it's ridicolous (sic) he doesn't get a QO?  I found it extremely unlikely in Brit sources that he would.  I find it the same for the 108 or whatever year old dame/broad/hoor who will die soon too.  Working at Disney isn't some catapult to fame.   Unless he/she drew 'Grumpy and Sleepy' or summat, they were nobodies.

That said -- the only people guaranteed not to get a QO are the living.  Still hope!

PS spellcheck can be your friend.
SC

The last line of your post is the only sensible one.

1)Who the fuck is Hilda Hansen and why was she notable?

2)I'm not referring to a QO, which he won't probably get, but to any kind of obit the Internet could give. Legacy would be enough!

3)This guy contributed to Fantasia and Dumbo. And you define him a nobody when you spend most of your time here reporting deaths of very non notable people.

Contrarian to the last, but you risk to look like a dork, you know.

• Like 7

People are suddenly claiming that Guillermo Mordillo is dead.

FWIW, Emperor Quon from Sofia the First was named in Milton's honour. Not that it helps much with obit chances. 

6 hours ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

FWIW, Emperor Quon from Sofia the First was named in Milton's honour. Not that it helps much with obit chances. 

Don't worry. Someone promised me we'll have a Milton Quon obit soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Don't worry. Someone promised me we'll have a Milton Quon obit soon.

5 pounds of coffee and dental floss coming your way if Quon obits by close of business today.  Ah fuck.  54" brown boot shoelaces too.