Godot

Cartoonists And Animators

On 20/06/2019 at 12:51, markb4 said:

Former Disney animator, Milton Quon, has died at the age of 105.

The number of people who actually worked with Walt Disney is getting fewer and fewer.

Well, it's not a QO, but getting incrementally closer to properly acknowledging the passing of Milton Quon.

https://www.afnews.info/wordpress/2019/07/01/milton-quon-walt-disney-animator-art-director-actor-passed-away-at-105/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Well, it's not a QO, but getting incrementally closer to properly acknowledging the passing of Milton Quon.

https://www.afnews.info/wordpress/2019/07/01/milton-quon-walt-disney-animator-art-director-actor-passed-away-at-105/

That's what I was talking about. Only Ruthie Thompson officially left now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

It's been removed from Wiki because "Wordpress" is not a reliable source....

Fuck, dead, he's fucking dead, do you want fucking Times to write an obit? Because it won't happen. This source is a sort of Italian Cartoon Brew and they are always very reliable when it comes to deaths. But some people can be real dickheads, even if they are not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Yes. Gladly Hollywood Reporter listens to tips, unlike those dorks of Deadline. All well that ends well.

Are you saying that you.....

I would think so? Very last of the early Disney animators + worked on most of the classics (whereas Quon was just Fantasia and Dumbo) + absurdly high age makes her seem like a sure thing in light of this Quon precedent.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Death Impends said:

I would think so? Very last of the early Disney animators + worked on most of the classics (whereas Quon was just Fantasia and Dumbo) + absurdly high age makes her seem like a sure thing in light of this Quon precedent.

The "Quon precendent" was apparently going to be nowt -- until someone alerted someone who had a slow news day.

Simon Donald tweeting about the loss of Viz Alumnus Jim Brownlow yesterday

7 hours ago, time said:

Simon Donald tweeting about the loss of Viz Alumnus Jim Brownlow yesterday

ilhCLua.jpg

Pure talent

You people sure have plenty of air time to this nobody.  Jesus.... he got more pub the past 48 hours than when alive.

SC

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

You people sure have plenty of air time to this nobody.  Jesus.... he got more pub the past 48 hours than when alive.

SC

You need to be introduced to Viz.

• Like 1

At least 33 have died in a devastating fire at a major anime studio in Kyoto, Japan.

Local media outlets reported that three dozen more people were injured in the blaze, with some in critical condition.

The fire is suspected to be caused by arson. According to witnesses, a man allegedly screamed “You die!” as he entered the three-story building and started pouring a flammable liquid before setting it on fire.  The man has been arrested and was being treated at a hospital.

Many of the victims were reportedly employees of Kyoto Animation

The fire has since been extinguished

SC

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Guess they now need Kyoto reanimation.

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Guess they now need Kyoto reanimation.

Normally I would never say 'too soon'.
And I won't start now.  BRAVO!

On 18/07/2019 at 12:54, Sir Creep said:

At least 33 have died in a devastating fire at a major anime studio in Kyoto, Japan.

Local media outlets reported that three dozen more people were injured in the blaze, with some in critical condition.

The fire is suspected to be caused by arson. According to witnesses, a man allegedly screamed “You die!” as he entered the three-story building and started pouring a flammable liquid before setting it on fire.  The man has been arrested and was being treated at a hospital.

The fire has since been extinguished

SC

The man suspected of setting ablaze a beloved Japanese animation studio, killing 33 people, was raging about theft and witnesses and media reported he had a grudge against the company, as questions arose why such mass killings keep happening in the country.

Police only have said the suspect Shinji Aoba, 41, who is hospitalized with severe burns and unable to talk, is from near Tokyo and did not work for the studio, Kyoto Animation.   Aoba spent 3 ½ years in prison for robbing a convenience store in 2012 and lived on government support.

The man told police that he set the fire because he thought "(Kyoto Animation) stole novels," according to Japanese media. It was unclear if he had contacted the studio earlier.
SC

Spider-Man comic artist Tom Lyle dead at 66.

https://comic-watch.com/news/breaking-iconic-artist-and-professor-tom-lyle-passes-at-66-years-old

He found his way onto my Oct 54321 team after an aneurysm, although it looks unlikely that he'll QO.

• Like 1

American Cartoonist Gahan Wilson dead at 89 years.

He was known for his macabre sense of humor. He created cartoons for The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction and National Lampoon and also worked as a film critic for The Twilight Zone Magazine.   http://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2019/11/22/gahan-wilson-1930-2019/

• Like 1

One of my 2019 DDP picks was British comic book artist Glenn Fabry. Back in September 2018, it was revealed that he had lung cancer. I included him in my team, which I sent on 29 December 2018. I've just noticed right now that there had been an update on the 28th of that year regarding his illness. Turns out it was tuberculosis all along. His Wikipedia wasn't updated to this fact until February 2019. Happy for the guy, but that's one wasted pick. :D:unsure::(

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/28/glenn-fabry-tuberculosis-not-lung-cancer/

• Like 1