Guest IYG

Drunk? Bored?? Psychopath???

Clorox, mate, the actual shite posters don't even have that self-doubt, they just infest.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Alright, this was - as I feared - a fucking mess, but it stays. It fits the thread title.

I've not been posting as much, but not because quarantine has given me fewer things to post about. I have a catalogue of posts that never were. When I type something in the notes app I re-read and re-re-read before deciding that it's a waste of time. Not even serious posts. Jibes and whatnot.

Under normal circumstances I would test punchlines in real life to see what lands, but now I have no control audience and jump to the conclusion that I'm an unfunny cunt. When LFN moans about the new crop of posters being shite I assume I come under that bracket. It's probably aimed at Steve (sorry Steve) or the latest incarnation of why are you being so racist. Narcissistic but I still do it. And that's not how anyone wants themselves to be seen on a public forum.

Anyway, I should shut up. It needed to be said before second-guessing prevents me from posting at all.

Fuck all wrong with your posts.

Like GUN, I don't post half the shite that I write. Generally, it boils down to whether I can be arsed or not.

Some of the new crop of posters that get my back up are the utter ball bags like 'Steve' or whoever the fuck he is. Well he is actually a troll....

Putting it into some sort of perspective, once upon a time you would join and start posting and, over a period of time, you would talk about elements of your life away from here, giving yourself, for better or worse, some kind of indication as to who you were away from the DL forum.

Basically, a personality.

Nowdays people join, post shite and that's it.

The place used to buzz like an out of control vibrator but it hasn't been like that for a long while.

Sure, some people leave or reduce their post count by, like 92% but that leaves too many people who bore the absolute tits off of most people or post inane drivel ( only I am allowed to do that) that clogs the place like compacted faecal matter.

I have to say that, because of this forum, I have actually met some stonking people from here.

I'm a nice person really.:D

23 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I'm a nice person really.:D

You've had us fooled all this time! Twat.

23 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Putting it into some sort of perspective, once upon a time you would join and start posting and, over a period of time, you would talk about elements of your life away from here, giving yourself, for better or worse, some kind of indication as to who you were away from the DL forum.

I do a lot of running. @Toast put me in Room 101 the other week - bitch! (although I'm not one of those fuckwits who brushes past people - those idiots should be banned from running coz it risked the rest of us being banned - like cyclists who seem incapable of realising that slowing down or even stopping for a minute are options).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

You've had us fooled all this time! Twat.

I do a lot of running. @Toast put me in Room 101 the other week - bitch! (although I'm not one of those fuckwits who brushes past people - those idiots should be banned from running coz it risked the rest of us being banned - like cyclists who seem incapable of realising that slowing down or even stopping for a minute are options).

Most cyclists are wankers.

We have a road on a hill here, a main road.

There is a big fuck off footpath with a marked cycle lane on it. Do cyclists use it when pedalling up hill? Do they fuck.

The cunts pant and wheeze up the road causing tail backs because you cannot give a metre and a half space for overtaking when traffic is coming past in the opposite direction.

Bunch of lentil eating cunts, the lot of em!

Yours

Mr Nice Person.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Car crash answer before LFN comes on and tells you to fuck off you pathetic piece of shit. :D

In all life you get cocky people who say what they want, know they are great and love themselves and presume everyone else does too and are generally perfectly happy in that knowledge and at the other end of the spectrum there are reserved people who are scared to say anything for fear of being ridiculed and who doubt themselves and everything they do every day and those people are generally unhappy. Most of us are somewhere in the range between and move up and down the range depending on what's happening in our lives, what we're eating, biorhythms, moon cycles, menstrual cycles or some other shit that no one of us understand. I think sometimes the people towards the introverted end of the range sometimes think they are more different to other people than they actually are and there is room for all of us in the world.

These life characteristics probably invade how we approach the internet too.

I probably actually post about half of what I write (yes LFN still 50% improvement to be had), I also edit some of the stuff I do write. I don't see this as a problem just good practice learned from using the same discipline when sending emails.

As Quim says your rep points suggest that your posts are appreciated and perhaps one of the reasons for that is all those posts you are not posting - I think whilst I've been writing this Quim has said it all much better than me (bastard) but in the spirit of your post I'll post it anyway.

Amazingly this spectrum is in my experience inverted with regards to the internet...

9 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Amazingly this spectrum is in my experience inverted with regards to the internet...

I've just realised reading this that I have never knowingly met a single person that I converse with over internet so I have no fucking idea what they are like in real life. 

• Haha 1

Setting aside the quality of posts (because I hardly ever take notice of names so wouldn’t know who the shit ones are mostly), does anyone above the age of 13 really give a shit about ‘rep points’?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Setting aside the quality of posts (because I hardly ever take notice of names so wouldn’t know who the shit ones are mostly), does anyone above the age of 13 really give a shit about ‘rep points’?

I suppose only a popularity whore would give a shit about their own score, but if, for example, someone (discounting the earlier joiners) posted a thousand times and only received one like or laugh or whatever, it might indicate that their posts are a fat load of drivel.

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Unfortunately the social media age has sent everything out of whack on this. People are conditioned in their teens to continue caring about online popularity as it affects real life popularity.

Being an old fart person of maturer years you escaped the worst of that. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Unfortunately the social media age has sent everything out of whack on this. People are conditioned in their teens to continue caring about online popularity as it affects real life popularity.

Cheeky cunt.  Rep that! :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Thankfully that also applies to me.

There was a Black Mirror episode about it, wasn't there.

Found it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosedive_(Black_Mirror)

• Like 2

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 03:56, Clorox Bleachman said:

Alright, this was - as I feared - a fucking mess, but it stays. It fits the thread title.

I've not been posting as much, but not because quarantine has given me fewer things to post about. I have a catalogue of posts that never were. When I type something in the notes app I re-read and re-re-read before deciding that it's a waste of time. Not even serious posts. Jibes and whatnot.

Under normal circumstances I would test punchlines in real life to see what lands, but now I have no control audience and jump to the conclusion that I'm an unfunny cunt. When LFN moans about the new crop of posters being shite I assume I come under that bracket. It's probably aimed at Steve (sorry Steve) or the latest incarnation of why are you being so racist. Narcissistic but I still do it. And that's not how anyone wants themselves to be seen on a public forum.

Anyway, I should shut up. It needed to be said before second-guessing prevents me from posting at all.

Yesterday's conversation I know but just seen this quote and thought of this conversation.

'If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed.'

- Benjamin Franklin
  • Like 1

On 20/05/2020 at 16:53, CoffinLodger said:

Deleted out of respect

https://www.samaritans.org

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Lol it's not me. 

You are such an insensitive clown. 

I was going through a bad moment this afternoon.The lockdowns getting to me.Please just forget about it.

The attack is full on!  After Mod review of course :lol:

06932BBB-EC2E-43E2-8B3E-314FA6214BB3.jpeg

I shall be taking on SSE, my electric provider, later today or more likely tomorrow.

My house is all-electric.  Years ago I started paying the electric bill by monthly direct debit.  The idea - THEIR suggestion - is to calculate total usage over 12 months and divide by 12.  Which would be fine, if they didn't review it every SIX months. 

On Friday evening - the eve of a bank holiday weekend - they sent me an email informing me that my monthly DD payments will be INCREASED BY MORE THAN A THIRD as I am in debit.  Of course I am, I have electric heating, but for the next six months I will be overpaying and will end up in credit ready for the winter. (And according to their calculations I currently only owe them half a month's payment.)  They do this every bloody year.  I can't change it online and couldn't get through to speak to anyone in customer services all weekend. 

I nearly died of shock when I saw how much they were proposing to charge me.  I calmed down once I reflected that it was fixable, but they shouldn't do this to people. It really could send someone over the edge, especially given the timing on this occasion.  I know it's bots, but surely somebody can control this.

2 hours ago, Toast said:

I shall be taking on SSE, my electric provider, later today or more likely tomorrow.

My house is all-electric.  Years ago I started paying the electric bill by monthly direct debit.  The idea - THEIR suggestion - is to calculate total usage over 12 months and divide by 12.  Which would be fine, if they didn't review it every SIX months. 

On Friday evening - the eve of a bank holiday weekend - they sent me an email informing me that my monthly DD payments will be INCREASED BY MORE THAN A THIRD as I am in debit.  Of course I am, I have electric heating, but for the next six months I will be overpaying and will end up in credit ready for the winter. (And according to their calculations I currently only owe them half a month's payment.)  They do this every bloody year.  I can't change it online and couldn't get through to speak to anyone in customer services all weekend. 

I nearly died of shock when I saw how much they were proposing to charge me.  I calmed down once I reflected that it was fixable, but they shouldn't do this to people. It really could send someone over the edge, especially given the timing on this occasion.  I know it's bots, but surely somebody can control this.

This is shithousery of the highest order - British Gas tried it with me many years ago, they wanted to triple my payments but obviously hadn't banked on anyone sitting down and working though the figures.

1 hour ago, time said:

This is shithousery of the highest order - British Gas tried it with me many years ago, they wanted to triple my payments but obviously hadn't banked on anyone sitting down and working though the figures.

After being kept waiting on the phone for nearly 45 minutes I have got this sorted.   There was no argument and my payments will remain unchanged.

I shouldn't have had to do this, nor should their staff have to field this kind of call. 

What makes it even more ridiculous is that the actual bill arrived this morning, and I used less electricity over the last six months than in the equivalent period last year.  They must just give a monkey a calculator to work out these bills.

Anyway next week I am set to receive a quote to switch providers.  Hopefully it will be lower than these fuckers.

9 minutes ago, Toast said:

After being kept waiting on the phone for nearly 45 minutes I have got this sorted.   There was no argument and my payments will remain unchanged.

I shouldn't have had to do this, nor should their staff have to field this kind of call. 

What makes it even more ridiculous is that the actual bill arrived this morning, and I used less electricity over the last six months than in the equivalent period last year.  They must just give a monkey a calculator to work out these bills.

Anyway next week I am set to receive a quote to switch providers.  Hopefully it will be lower than these fuckers.

I would definitely recommend Octopus. Very good customer service, low prices, controllability of your direct debits etc online and if you submit a meter reading online once a month you can spin a wheel for a prize (up to £512).

• Like 1

Just now, The Quim Reaper said:

I would definitely recommend Octopus. Very good customer service, low prices, controllability of your direct debits etc online and if you submit a meter reading online once a month you can spin a wheel for a prize (up to £512).

That sounds good.  Our local council  (not that I trust them as far as I can throw them) is conducting a community switch auction to get people the best prices, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

A few years back, the company I was with (I can’t remember who now but no doubt I ranted about it on here) informed me they were going to increase my monthly debit to an obscene amount because they’d decided  my meter had been faulty for years and had been undercharging me.  I told them to get to fuck. Tried to leave but they wouldn’t let me go because I owed them the money so had to pay up.   Fucking cunts the lot of them. 

• Angry 1

My old supplier still owes me over £400. I've been waiting since September last year. Went to the ombudsman who came out in my favour. I'm still waiting on these fuckers refunding me.  I did get a cheque from them about 3 weeks ago, but that was for my pervious address. I moved out 21 months ago, that's them just sending me my credit balance £57+  I doubt I would have got it if it wasn't for the ombudsman. The ombudsman are toothless tigers.