Guest IYG

Drunk? Bored?? Psychopath???

A good point on the re-opening of pubs:

4809B7F1-BCFB-48A6-AB76-700379CD9C53.thumb.jpeg.567cb4dd11bfa3420cf468d548b86375.jpeg

3 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

A good point on the re-opening of pubs:

4809B7F1-BCFB-48A6-AB76-700379CD9C53.thumb.jpeg.567cb4dd11bfa3420cf468d548b86375.jpeg

Or you could just have non-alcoholic drinks instead. I'm sure there's a higher mark-up and it's quicker to get through an Appletizer than a pint.

4 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Or you could just have non-alcoholic drinks instead. I'm sure there's a higher mark-up and it's quicker to get through an Appletizer than a pint.

Sounds like fun.

7 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Actually, it is. You just need to have the right perspective on it. Enjoy your beer :)

Since when has this been the thread for “the right perspective”? :D

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Food is the better option. 

As long as the weather stays nice, we can just sit outside with the smokers and periodically send someone in with a tray.   If everyone has a tab, that will simplify things even further.

Goodbye Deathlist. This my last post. I know I've claimed similar in the past but something real life has come up that necessitates a complete refresh of my entire social media. Tara. I'll see you in the DDP entries. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Goodbye Deathlist. This my last post. I know I've claimed similar in the past but something real life has come up that necessitates a complete refresh of my entire social media. Tara. I'll see you in the DDP entries. 

Bye Deathers. See you in another incarnation shortly. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Typical.  Starts another esoteric deadpool with a complicated scoring system and then fucks off.

tenor.gif?itemid=5134291

• Haha 8

So my mental health has been fucked since Covid and I've snapped this week. Attempted suicide last Friday.

However I've started to recover. Mental health is fucking shit to live with. But I've been provisionally got a new diagnosis of EUPD. And we only have 1 celebrity pin up in our corner. Danniella Westbrook....

So I've stocked up on white powder. Self raising sort. Oh and some Coke. Diet with vanilla. Well you've got to laugh.

On the plus side I'm officially Physco now. 

• Sad 3

Hi Phil

I've tried to find the right words to reply to your post and I've deleted two efforts already but just wanted you to know that I'm sorry you had reached such a low point and pleased that you have started to recover. I have some personal experience with mental health issues and it's a very complex illness - the mind is capable of wonderful things when it's wired up correctly but is a bugger if the wiring goes wrong.

Do you have someone to talk to about how you feel?

Best wishes, GUN

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Hi Phil

I've tried to find the right words to reply to your post and I've deleted two efforts already but just wanted you to know that I'm sorry you had reached such a low point and pleased that you have started to recover. I have some personal experience with mental health issues and it's a very complex illness - the mind is capable of wonderful things when it's wired up correctly but is a bugger if the wiring goes wrong.

Do you have someone to talk to about how you feel?

Best wishes, GUN

Yes luckily. GP and local mental health team have been amazing. And work have been excellent as well. Plus a lot of friends who knew I'd been unwell for a while have come forward in droves.

Hardest thing is living with the self guilt but the meds are helping and weirdly more relaxed than I've been in probably years. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

So my mental health has been fucked since Covid and I've snapped this week. Attempted suicide last Friday.

However I've started to recover. Mental health is fucking shit to live with. But I've been provisionally got a new diagnosis of EUPD. And we only have 1 celebrity pin up in our corner. Danniella Westbrook....

So I've stocked up on white powder. Self raising sort. Oh and some Coke. Diet with vanilla. Well you've got to laugh.

On the plus side I'm officially Physco now. 

Oh Phil, that was a difficult read. I’m so sorry.

There’s no way of understanding the specifics of what’s affecting you personally but Cyclothymia has, twice, done the same evil little number on me, so I do know the depths. 

Well done. For being so courageous. For staying. For facing up to this technical glitch. For being open about it. For retaining that ability to laugh. 

Deal with yourself on bad days however you need to. Ride it out; you don’t have long to wait for a good one. Talk if you want to, don’t if you don’t. Cry if you want to, shout, swear, stay silent, punch a pillow, cuddle it, drink your Vanilla Coke, tip it over your fucking self and then laugh like a maniac about it, whatever. Doesn’t matter; tomorrow’s going to be better. You know this.

Your diagnosis merely alludes to the reason behind your quirks that you can embrace, like others do, even if you’re convinced they don’t. 

Take care, and keep up your strength and bravery.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, philheybrookbay said:

Yes luckily. GP and local mental health team have been amazing. And work have been excellent as well. Plus a lot of friends who knew I'd been unwell for a while have come forward in droves.

Hardest thing is living with the self guilt but the meds are helping and weirdly more relaxed than I've been in probably years. 

That's really good.

There's no need for the self guilt but I understand me telling you that won't make it go away.  

• Like 2

Thanks all.

I've been really lucky this time!

Referred to the local mental health team, and as I'm in the system I've started new treatment called DBT. In fact in the most positive way, I've been using the sick period to study like crazy so the result is that my Doc at mental health team is seriously impressed with not only my actions but my progression.

In other good news- it's made a massive link between my use of alcohol and my depression,  so much so, I've not touched a drop since 31st May and whilst I'm not promising a totally ban for life I can honestly say, this is the longest I've not touched a drop for over 30 years. The big test will be the return to work in 10 days, but I have a few ideas for that. 

So all in all, positive etc. 

• Like 10

A single loud cluck – if your chicken emits a very short, clipped sound, and then stands bolt upright in what is known as the 'vigilance' posture, it's likely signalling it thinks there's a predator nearby

On 06/07/2020 at 22:38, runebomme said:
A single loud cluck – if your chicken emits a very short, clipped sound, and then stands bolt upright in what is known as the 'vigilance' posture, it's likely signalling it thinks there's a predator nearby

No it signalling that it's pissed off at you staring at it. 

Don't know about you but I'm having a fun night ! :D

article-2625176-1DBA7CD300000578-834_634x648.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Don't know about you but I'm having a fun night ! :D

article-2625176-1DBA7CD300000578-834_634x648.jpg

If this is what you do on a Tuesday night, I wouldnt wanna see what shit you get up to on NYE...

Not sure why this hands free stuff is a news headline. When I was a kid my Gran used to do hands free driving all the way up the M1 until we got to the Lake District. She also had the odd nap along the way as well. That was 40 years ago. This technology is a waste of time and money. 'Hands-free driving could be on UK roads by spring'  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53830947

On 19/08/2020 at 02:44, Bentrovato said:

Not sure why this hands free stuff is a news headline. When I was a kid my Gran used to do hands free driving all the way up the M1 until we got to the Lake District. She also had the odd nap along the way as well. That was 40 years ago. This technology is a waste of time and money. 'Hands-free driving could be on UK roads by spring'  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53830947

Sir Creep drove all around Skye hands free.  I can get confirmation if necessary.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Sir Creep drove all around Skye hands free.  I can get confirmation if necessary.

No, not necessary.

• Like 1