Guest IYG

Drunk? Bored?? Psychopath???

AH THAT WAS NICE....

My thanks to the sensei for using honourable sword to remove that dreadful filth....

Day 15 and I'm going in circles.

Quiet Brimley, or I'll nail your other foot to the floor!

Quiet Brimley, or I'll nail your other foot to the floor!

Ouch...

of course you'll have to find it first...... I think I left it with the garden hose.

Day 15 and the screen is a llovely shadowed shade of what would be blue if it weren't written on in sanskrit, with a felt tip marker no less.

Well, since they've closed the old whorehouse and it's Friday I'm coming here for a sha drink. I, for one, hope old Star Crossed hasn't gone for ever. He doesn't strike me as the retiring type. I have an image of him sitting in his rocking chair on the veranda, shooting moles, every one a post whore.

Well, since they've closed the old whorehouse and it's Friday I'm coming here for a sha drink. I, for one, hope old Star Crossed hasn't gone for ever. He doesn't strike me as the retiring type. I have an image of him sitting in his rocking chair on the veranda, shooting moles, every one a post whore.

I sent him a PM a couple days ago. No reply.

Not drunk. Bored. But not bored enough to find the right thread to mention that Milton Friedman has died. Anyhow, he's died.

-------

[later]

"NOBEL PRIZE WINNING U.S. ECONOMIST MILTON FRIEDMAN DEAD AT AGE 9", according to AP

He's over in the 2007 names! Hurrah!

(oh, you've a;ready posted there...bugger.)

Not drunk. Bored. But not bored enough to find the right thread to mention that Milton Friedman has died. Anyhow, he's died.

-------

[later]

"NOBEL PRIZE WINNING U.S. ECONOMIST MILTON FRIEDMAN DEAD AT AGE 9", according to AP

:P:P I'm bored!!! Bored! Bored! Bored! Bored! Bored! Bored! Bored!

:P

So you thought you'd bore the rest of us by slopping out 21+ posts today, did you? Get a job.

So you thought you'd bore the rest of us by slopping out 21+ posts today, did you? Get a job.

I have a job, it's very quiet here today. I've been at work since 7am.

Try to get your facts right before bothering to post.

All of my posts today have been relevant to the subject.

A dangerous state Phantom. Once over one of those newspaper features allowing the public to pose questions received a query from a reader asking if anyone had ever died of boredom. The following week an historian from some university wrote in and his take on this was terrifying. Apart from the random accidents caused by boredom he pointed out that several wars, including the 100 years war, could be attributed largely to royals and other heads of state lacking a meaningful focus. The moral of his response being that those suffering serious boredom often act in ways that cause the death of others. Phantom man, we're in danger until something good comes on your telly!

Incidentally, if you're at work, you're not flying a plane or driving a 50 ton truck or owt, are yer?

A dangerous state Phantom. Once over one of those newspaper features allowing the public to pose questions received a query from a reader asking if anyone had ever died of boredom. The following week an historian from some university wrote in and his take on this was terrifying. Apart from the random accidents caused by boredom he pointed out that several wars, including the 100 years war, could be attributed largely to royals and other heads of state lacking a meaningful focus. The moral of his response being that those suffering serious boredom often act in ways that cause the death of others. Phantom man, we're in danger until something good comes on your telly!

Incidentally, if you're at work, you're not flying a plane or driving a 50 ton truck or owt, are yer?

Just got a pile of work dumped on my desk. oh what fun, I have 200 mortages to review and check all the documentation is there by the end of tomorrow

My sympathies Phantom; there'll doubtless be DL action to enjoy once the reviewing is done. Let us know if any famous person is renegotiaiting their financial arrangements because of impending death.

Go well.

i guess no-one is drunk or bored right now cos everyone is working on their 2007 lists am i right?

i guess no-one is drunk or bored right now cos everyone is working on their 2007 lists am i right?

CORRECT B)

Oh my freaking powers that be. I have started at least 20 lists in the last two weeks. I have lost at least 10 - writing them on the back of envelopes you find in the car while sitting at a stoplight is not conducive to well organized deathlisting - forgotten to save at least 2 before closing my laptop and tossed the rest across the room in disgust.

If I get one single entry together this year it will be a freaking miracle. B)

haha... i think the way forward is to always email it to yourself.. then you access it at work, at home, laptop...

Godot writes....

In the land of the Oogum Biglows lived a flat-footed candle diddler called Mactavish Crump. Most people, even his mum, Mrs Crump, called him Crump.

Crump would diddle his candles by day, but as night fell and the Oogum Biglows began to howl and gather on the inkly wastes, Crump would cease his diddling, open his canvas napsack and fill it to the brim with an assortment of candles.

There were wax ones, wix ones and six types of tricks ones, wicky and widdling in anticipation that soon they would be flickering and dribbling in the murky hours.

Crump held one under his snozzle, delighting in its faint aroma and a smooth, silky coolness to the touch. So good, so good, he thought, I could eat it. So he did.

The other candles moaned as only candles can.

"I'm going mother," said Crump while scraping his stained teeth with an over-long finger nail, dislodging slender bits of wax.

"Take care, Crump" she said, "The Oogum Biglows are close tonight. There's going to be a mashing before the morn."

A mashing, thought Crump, shivering at the thought. He turned up the collar of his velveteen overcoat, opened the spherical door and scuttled out in to the gloom...

... where he was swiftly mashed by a schmelt of Oogum Biglows penckling in the greyness.

It wasn't the end though. It was very far from it indeed.

:rip:

Godot writes....

In the land of the Oogum Biglows lived a flat-footed candle diddler called Mactavish Crump . . . [snip]

A mashing, thought Crump, shivering at the thought. He turned up the collar of his velveteen overcoat, opened the spherical door and scuttled out in to the gloom...

A fascinating semi-autobiographical whimsy, no doubt Mr Godot. I much enjoyed it.

Mactavish, we hardly knew ye.

Since I don't know yet how time behaves or how it is measured in Oogum Biglows,

I'll just say I hope Crump returns here soonish....please.

Godot writes....

In the land of the Oogum Biglows lived a flat-footed candle diddler called Mactavish Crump . . . [snip]

A fascinating semi-autobiographical whimsy, no doubt Mr Godot. I much enjoyed it.

It's something I put in a virtual bottle and sent on this site I mentioned in another thread. So it might be washing up in Oz any time soon. I was clearing my desktop and found it and I liked it so I posted it here apropos of nothing. I was thinking that we are conditioned to believe that stories must have a beginning and an end but this one was interrupted by a power cut. Biographical? Well, yes, I do eat candles. But not often.

It's Christmas day, I'm drunk and bored. You lot are probably somewhere having a good time, whilst I'm here "in the kitchen doing the washing-up". Six'll be getting her dad to mend the new Bratz doll she's already pulled the head off. mpfc'll be sinking a pint of the usual down the Slag 'n' Whippet, chipping into everyone's conversations, like. I just tried to get into the chat here, but it wouldn't let me. Bah! Cunch of bunts. Still, that's what I get for being a curmudgeonly old grumpy guss. And Xenon II is what you get for letting any old rucking fiff-faff fore on your whorums. Blah blah blah humbug!

Season's Greetings to you, one and all!

SC

It's Christmas day, I'm drunk and bored. You lot are probably somewhere having a good time, whilst I'm here "in the kitchen doing the washing-up". Six'll be getting her dad to mend the new Bratz doll she's already pulled the head off. mpfc'll be sinking a pint of the usual down the Slag 'n' Whippet, chipping into everyone's conversations, like. I just tried to get into the chat here, but it wouldn't let me. Bah! Cunch of bunts. Still, that's what I get for being a curmudgeonly old grumpy guss. And Xenon II is what you get for letting any old rucking fiff-faff fore on your whorums. Blah blah blah humbug!

Season's Greetings to you, one and all!

SC

It could be worse SC, you could have a partner who'd rather watch Little Britain than give you a good seeing to.

It's Christmas day, I'm drunk and ... humbug!

SC

It could be worse SC, you could have a partner who'd rather watch Little Britain than give you a good seeing to.

Yes, that would be bad. Time to freshen up the batteries in your rabbit, H. Or call up one of your fancy-men and head down to his cosy cottage for a spot of yuletide fireside how's-your-father. My sympathies are with you; sounds like Mr. H might have a problem with his "Torchwood" :(