Guest IYG

Drunk? Bored?? Psychopath???

I was a bit surprised to see a moderater getting the hump in here last night until I waded through this stuff (don't, not worth it). It is a pretty silly and rather self-indulgent thread. So it attracted lots of comments? I would rather have a thread with five or six quality contributions than one with 50 inane exchanges that don't make much sense. I like to see BS etc pitching in but when they and one or two others get together it can get boring for everyone else. Then again, as BB has said before, you don't have to read this stuff and I think most other deathlisters probably steared clear of it. But it's not the kind of thing that's going to attract quality posters and it's going to put off others.

Unfortunately the best way to get a popular thread is to:

1. Post something that's wrong that attracts corrections from some and derision from others.

2. Say something controversial that gets everybody going.

3. Say something political that gets everybody going.

4. Start baiting someone.

5. Say it's your birthday.

6. Be gushingly nice to a fellow deathlister.

But that's not quality and its the quality and wit that keeps some of us around.

I'm not claiming any special status here. I make my share of mistakes, inane comments and occasional unpleasant remarks to other deathlisters (but only if they have been particularly unpleasant to me). But most of us know there is an invisible line on here over which we should not step. I'm not having a go at anyone - I love Americans, royalists and prolific posters who like to notch up their comments - and I'm sorry this is preachy, not meant to be, and I know it might bring down the pack on me. Ah well.

• Like 1

Always knew allowing Barnshees to become a moderatEr would go to his head, As to what he has done to the lovely Boudicca, I do not know but if he has hurt her in any way I will slice and dice him faster and more thinly than a slice0omatic machine.

I'm not claiming any special status here. I make my share of mistakes, inane comments and occasional unpleasant remarks to other deathlisters (but only if they have been particularly unpleasant to me).

Compared to me you are the pinnacle of decency godot.

Oh and if a pack comes after you let me know........I am out of Winston's and these Chesterfields are just too horrendous to smoke.

You're almost in danger of falling in to category 6 there BB. What your posts sometimes lack in intelligibility they usually make up for in charm. Maybe that's coming close to 6 too. While this thread was rambling on a whale died. Just a thought.

While this thread was rambling on a whale died. Just a thought.

I hope the carcass was given to the Japanese embassy,

would be a shame to waste all that yummy whale meat.

Quiet Vera, I know you're bursting to sing.....

Let's have no wailing or blubbering....

Wonderful.

My thread has degenerated into a discussion about dead whales.

Really. I'm flattered, but I'm going to take my name off it pretty sharpish.

;)

I was a bit surprised to see a moderator getting the hump in here last night until I waded through this stuff (don't, not worth it). It is a pretty silly and rather self-indulgent thread. So it attracted lots of comments? I would rather have a thread with five or six quality contributions than one with 50 inane exchanges that don't make much sense. I like to see BS etc  pitching in but when they and one or two others get together it can get boring for everyone else. Then again, as BB has said before, you don't have to read this stuff and I think most other deathlisters probably steared clear of it.  But it's not the kind of thing that's going to attract quality posters and it's going to put off others.

1. Post something that's wrong that attracts corrections from some and derision from others.

But that's not quality and its the quality and wit that keeps some of us around.

I'm not claiming any special status here. I make my share of mistakes,  inane comments and occasional unpleasant remarks to other deathlisters (but only if they have been particularly unpleasant to me). But most of us know there is an invisible line on here over which we should not step. I'm not having a go at anyone - I love Americans, royalists and prolific posters who like to notch up their comments - and I'm sorry this is preachy, not meant to be, and I know it might bring down the pack on me. Ah well.

Godot - mainly all of my threads attract many replys. ;)

Don't think I need to be lectured on what makes a quality one.

By the way - Myself and Bou are now friends again!

Had a little to much too drink last night..

Always knew allowing Barnshees to become a moderatEr would go to his head,  As to what he has done to the lovely Boudicca, I do not know but if he has hurt her in any way I will slice and dice him  faster and more thinly than a slice0omatic machine.

Bruno on this websight it is my job to protect

Boudicca and not another person nor soul.

Is this thread supposed to make sense?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Always knew allowing Barnshees to become a moderatEr would go to his head,  As to what he has done to the lovely Boudicca, I do not know but if he has hurt her in any way I will slice and dice him  faster and more thinly than a slice0omatic machine.

Bruno on this websight it is my job to protect

Boudicca and not another person nor soul.

Your job as always Barnshees is to do my bidding......at least that's what you said the other evening over billiards.

Is this thread supposed to make sense?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Elspeth - let me inform you love

Myself and Boudicca had somewhat of an argument if you would like

to call it that last night. She has forgave me and now were better friends then before.

It makes plenty sense this thread.

Infact if you are feuding with a member over any topic you

now know where to roam.

If I were to go back in time a couple months Elspeth my dear you

and my friend Windsor would practically live here. ;)

For the record, Banshees is my friend.

It's BS and Windsor who need to kiss and make up.

I don't know about making out that would be more appropriate with someone else..

Infact myself and Windsor are speaking at the moment "Via PM"

Were discussing his famous trolling event.

I don't know about making out that would be more appropriate with someone else..

For the record, I'm explaining my visits as a guest and simply setting the record straight on Elspeth. She is not the evil one, it is another.....

(and its not Warren).

For the record, I'm explaining my visits as a guest and simply setting the record straight on Elspeth. She is not the evil one, it is another.....

(and its not Warren).

Hmmm I must put on my thinking top hat. I'm going to try and get

Windsor back into his beloved Royal Forums.

Guest John Bastard

If any of you c**ts are hard enough take me on!

I am drunk, bored and a totally evil bastard that would make Saddam look like a social worker.

I have a bug up my ass and lead in my pencil so don't F**k with me!

Nuff said ladies?

;)

Nuff said ladies?

I am.

I'm Irish, so you're at a disadvantage.

Care to invite any men to take you on, Mr. Bastard? ;)

Nuff said ladies?

I am.

Care to invite any men to take you on, Mr. Bastard? ;)

I'm irish as well Bou. I also have a pencil at hand. A sharpened one.

Guest John Bastard

Nuff said ladies?

I am.

Care to invite any men to take you on, Mr. Bastard? B)

Did you assume this was a female only challenge because I used the word "c**ts" or because I used the word "Ladies"?

;)

Guest John Bastard

;)B):banghead: You ladies (male or female) are all c**ts! : :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I don't care if you are Irish, I live in Basildon!

Nuff said ladies?

I am.

Care to invite any men to take you on, Mr. Bastard? :banghead:

Did you assume this was a female only challenge because I used the word "c**ts" or because I used the word "Ladies"?

B)

I would say ladies John Basterd. You might just be a woman John.

But I doubt that any of your words reflected on Boudicca replying

to your challenge. This attractive woman would wrestle a man anytime.

Ask Mr.B! ;)

I was a bit surprised to see a moderator getting the hump in here last night until I waded through this stuff (don't, not worth it). It is a pretty silly and rather self-indulgent thread. So it attracted lots of comments? I would rather have a thread with five or six quality contributions than one with 50 inane exchanges that don't make much sense. I like to see BS etc  pitching in but when they and one or two others get together it can get boring for everyone else. Then again, as BB has said before, you don't have to read this stuff and I think most other deathlisters probably steared clear of it.  But it's not the kind of thing that's going to attract quality posters and it's going to put off others.

I'm not claiming any special status here. I make my share of mistakes,  inane comments and occasional unpleasant remarks to other deathlisters (but only if they have been particularly unpleasant to me). But most of us know there is an invisible line on here over which we should not step. I'm not having a go at anyone - I love Americans, royalists and prolific posters who like to notch up their comments - and I'm sorry this is preachy, not meant to be, and I know it might bring down the pack on me. Ah well.

Godot - mainly all of my threads attract many replys. ;)

Don't think I need to be lectured on what makes a quality one.

By the way - Myself and Bou are now friends again!

Had a little to much too drink last night..

Yes it was lecturing and you're quite right, there was no need for it. No harm either in having a few drinks and, now that the thread is quite explicit, all those who enter can see what they're in for. Sorry for going on so. It was that or walk the dog and the deathlist won again.

• Like 1