Guest IYG

Drunk? Bored?? Psychopath???

Not that it was a high urgency, but you can now see who liked what again.

• Like 4

Thanks DeathImpends.

You deserve permanent admin status!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I've been given Admin permissions though likely as a temp measure to help with fixing the forum up.

For starters, can someone not on staff try wishing Mugabe a happy 93rd in his thread? I think I figured out what was wrong...

EDIT: Square avatars are now back

What about the oblong ones; Maryport is now short and fat. (No offence MPFC  :D)

Well done, DI, you seem to have fixed at least a few of the things people were complaining about. I can now see who 'likes' posts.

8 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

What about the oblong ones; Maryport is now short and fat. (No offence MPFC  :D)

I'll be on the lookout to see if there's any code that allows for it. The ACP gave me the choice for avatars to be either rounded or not but no specifics for oblongs strangely.

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

I'll be on the lookout to see if there's any code that allows for it. The ACP gave me the choice for avatars to be either rounded or not.

It used to be that any avatar (no matter what shape) was cropped to a square if it was over 100 pixels in either height or width; if neither dimension was over 100 pixels (as in the case of Maryport and Mercator to name but two) the image was displayed in full irrespective of its shape.

• Like 1

I hate to complain again, but is it possible for you to take off what posts we like from our activity feed in our profiles?

No its fine. When can all see who you like anyway. The activity feed is meant to show activity and liking posts is an activity. Doing so would ruin the point of the activity feed.

I'll see if anything can be done but I don't think it's high priority (so if there's no obvious fixaround - and IDK if it's an "error" anyway - I probably will keep things the way they are).

Have adjusted forum width to about where it was before. Had to check "Fluid Width" so it can adjust with different browsers.

• Like 1

Now the forum has really gotten fucking better. Now, I just need to adjust to the shitty color scheme...

That's actually the next thing I was looking into, and it looks quite easy to change forum theme colors, however I am about to be away for a few hours so it won't be changed juuust yet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Morbidkid said:

No its fine. When can all see who you like anyway. The activity feed is meant to show activity and liking posts is an activity. Doing so would ruin the point of the activity feed.

Sure, but the activity feed only shows your latest 25 things. And there's people like me who usually make three comments per week, but are on every day to read and like comments. So my feed would be 22-23 likes to 2-3 posts.

19 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I'll see if anything can be done but I don't think it's high priority (so if there's no obvious fixaround - and IDK if it's an "error" anyway - I probably will keep things the way they are).

That's understandable. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Sure, but the activity feed only shows your latest 25 things. And there's people like me who usually make three comments per week, but are on every day to read and like comments. So my feed would be 22-23 likes to 2-3 posts.

That's understandable. Thanks.

Oh, this is all looking much better now.  Thanks, DI  bar_smiley.gif

It would be good to have the preview function back too, if you can find the right switch.

• Like 1

*It used to be possible to switch to and from the BBCode editing mode. Does this option still exist?

*The "On today, gone tomorrow" text used to be a few font sizes smaller (I think).

*What's up with the "Online Users" page showing what each logged in member is doing at the moment? Every stalker and/or serial killer will have a field day using that feature...

*Members with really long usernames end up having one or two of their last letters one line below the others (i.e. WednesdayAddams).

*The Leaderboard feature seems pointless. Competing in things is fun, that's why we have a ton of deathpools here. To give awards to whoever accumulated most likes in a day would generally favour those with high post counts. For example, member A makes 31 posts one day and gets 12 likes in total. Member B makes only one post, but it happens to be a brilliant one and (s)he gets 11 likes. A wins, B loses. I liked the previous Hall of Fame page where individual posts with the highest amount of likes were displayed.

*I liked that the newest created threads would show up on the right side of the main page in the previous version.

*It's good that the chat room is working now, but in the previous version, one could easily see who were in the room before entering it yourself.

• Like 1

We're getting there... thanks to everyone involved...

45 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh, this is all looking much better now.  Thanks, DI  bar_smiley.gif

It would be good to have the preview function back too, if you can find the right switch.

Its at the top of the reply box (i know there's a name for the symbols bar there, can't think what it is atm), 'magnifying glass over a page' type symbol, next to the size-box.

55 minutes ago, Predictor said:

*What's up with the "Online Users" page showing what each logged in member is doing at the moment? Every stalker and/or serial killer will have a field day using that feature...

*I liked that the newest created threads would show up on the right side of the main page in the previous version.

*It's good that the chat room is working now, but in the previous version, one could easily see who were in the room before entering it yourself.

In bold, it used to show that anyway if you clicked through to the main list rather than looking on the main page.

The other two needed fixing. Really liked those features.

25 minutes ago, time said:

Its at the top of the reply box (i know there's a name for the symbols bar there, can't think what it is atm), 'magnifying glass over a page' type symbol, next to the size-box.

Thanks. 

It's not very convenient and certainly not obvious.  Why can't we have it next to the Submit button where it used to be?  That's the logical place for it.  It also took me a while to see how to get the edit pane back (clicking on a cross on the top RHS). 

Back home so will be looking into things more. Bit of a change in plans with the forum skin... I'll still be working on a color scheme that resembles the old forums in the near future but I think instead of replacing this one, it'll be a second forum skin and so forum members can use the one of their choosing.

Also figured it'd be a good opportunity to add two smileys I made a few years back, enter clivedunn and whoosh:

:clivedunn::whoosh:

• Like 4

:clivedunn:

This will be a lot of fun to use. 

Have made it so the previous avatars now show as rectangular shaped if they were implemented as such by changing the width and height to max-width and max-height. However this can only work for preexisting avatars, trying to change your avatar will put it through the cropper and consign you to an eternal fate of squareness. :unsure: I did find a code here that removes such barriers entirely, but - so far attempts at implementing that also mean avatars have their dimensions as originally uploaded, which isn't feasible due to avatars like joeyruss's which end up looking much bigger. It even overrides the max widths and heights I try to implement... I'll try and look further to see if I can get a way for unrestrained rectangular avatar usage, but if not then this'll have to do...

Apparently the reason the current iteration of Invision doesn't allow rectangular avatars is because its compatible with the likes of Facebook and Twitter, where avatars have to be square. Does a disservice to places like these with no intents of social media overlap, but I digress...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joeyruss said:

:clivedunn:

This will be a lot of fun to use. 

But this :whoosh:will get more use.

• Like 4

Fantastic work, DI !  Can we have a "throwing toys out of the pram" smiley as well?

• Like 1