sidburyman

Sir Anthony Hopkins

He's acting. He's playing King Lear.

22 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Did he have brain surgery recently?

cough, its makeup Joey, he's filming Lear for the BB...and of course Gcreptile ninja's it.

Ah, it looked kind of realistic for a minute there, but I can see it's him method acting again...

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Reveal hidden contents

cough, its makeup Joey, he's filming Lear for the BB...and of course Gcreptile ninja's it.

Odd to go shopping in character? 

They were filming. You know, street scene, normal members of public walking by. Happens so often in "modern" BBC shows it's practically a cliche.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

They were filming. You know, street scene, normal members of public walking by. Happens so often in "modern" BBC shows it's practically a cliche.

Ah! For some reason I automatically thought theatre when you said king Lear. And God knows why king Lear's popping to tescis.... 

• Like 1

I like Lear. You can tell a decent Shakespeare by the body count.

EDIT - Nah, its 500 years old, if that spoils anyone, tough.

11 minutes ago, msc said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry... the German newspaper with the largest letters just wrote about it, too....

• Haha 1

:lol:

He's filming some modern bastardization of King Lear. 

Edit: I love it when I post something and my tablet suddenly decides to download all thd posts from others who had the same thing to say that I did *le sigh*

Interview with him in the Telegraph:

The truth is, he never usually walks on the beach. ‘Because my knees hurt a bit.’

He laughs. ‘I should have died years ago.’

Hmmm

9 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Interview with him in the Telegraph:

The truth is, he never usually walks on the beach. ‘Because my knees hurt a bit.’

He laughs. ‘I should have died years ago.’

Hmmm

Looks Sprightly in behind the scenes videos of his new film with Jonathan Pryce

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Celebrates 45 years of sobriety: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/anthony-hopkins-sobriety-alcoholism-b1780232.html

Presumably not with a drink. Not even some Chianti.

*bumped pre-birthday*

I suppose it's an amazing achievement, but what a boring life he must have had ! 

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

269233531_10157927056200981_889660213052

Think he needs a cell phone  signal booster now.

Seems quite likely he'll die soon. A history of alcoholism can't be good for you. 

He's healthy for a 83-year old and still seems to post on his social media accounts. History of alcoholism? He's been sober since he was 38, don't know how much he drank before that. Don't think he'll go during the next year or two.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pegasus said:

Seems quite likely he'll die soon. A history of alcoholism can't be good for you. 

History of eating people too if I recall…?!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, arghton said:

He's healthy for a 83-year old and still seems to post on his social media accounts. History of alcoholism? He's been sober since he was 38, don't know how much he drank before that. Don't think he'll go during the next year or two.

Off the pop since 1975 according to Wikipedia, so there's likely many social drinkers his age have shipped more sauce over their lifetimes than ex-alchie Anthony. Wiki also says he kicked the cigs 13 years back and he's (high end) Aspergers. 

33 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Off the pop since 1975 according to Wikipedia, so there's likely many social drinkers his age have shipped more sauce over their lifetimes than ex-alchie Anthony. Wiki also says he kicked the cigs 13 years back and he's (high end) Aspergers. 

You don't tend to get many alcoholics getting to Hopkins age either. Tom Baker was such a heavy drinker in the 70s and 80s he was drinking buddies with Jeffrey Bernard, and even into his 70s he could drink most fans under the table. Peter O'Toole was a heavier drinker and somehow made it to 80. There may be others which escape me at this precise moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

You don't tend to get many alcoholics getting to Hopkins age either. Tom Baker was such a heavy drinker in the 70s and 80s he was drinking buddies with Jeffrey Bernard, and even into his 70s he could drink most fans under the table. Peter O'Toole was a heavier drinker and somehow made it to 80. There may be others which escape me at this precise moment.

Dick Van Dyke was an alcoholic and a heavy smoker and he is of course still Alive at 96. 

A little known fact. Anthony Hopkins hit the UK Singles Chart in 1986, with this (albeit it only got to #75):

It's a bit odd, if quite soothing... though I just hear Hannibal Lecter talking to Clarice when I listen to it. :rolleyes: