sidburyman

Sir Anthony Hopkins

Tony Hopkins has won a "lifetime achievement award" at the Golden Globes.

Am I wrong or is this generally a pre-cursor to being deceased? Tradition dictates that these awards are doled out to the infirm.

One worth keeping tabs on methinks. An early candidate for Death List 2007? I think so - there, I've officially nominated him

• Like 1

Tony Hopkins has won a "lifetime achievement award" at the Golden Globes.

Am I wrong or is this generally a pre-cursor to being deceased? Tradition dictates that these awards are doled out to the infirm.

One worth keeping tabs on methinks. An early candidate for Death List 2007? I think so - there, I've officially nominated him

Only when they get a lifetime achievement award at the Oscars, are they close to death.

The Golden Globes are second rate awards,

Tony Hopkins has years left in him, mind you his past alcoholism must have done some damage.

I see no reason to nominate such a healthy specimen for a death list............unless you know something that we don't.

No evidence...just a hunch. I think he does'nt look all that healthy actually. Seems a little creaking gate these days imho.

Hope I'm mistaken

• Like 1

He's tricky because he looks a hell of a lot older than he actually is. 68 going on 69 surprised the hell out of me. ;)

Sidbury Man has

...a hunch

C'mon yah humpty backed web surfer, post us a jpg!

I looked on the web and he's doing about four or five films this year running in to next, not the schedule of a dying man.

His biggest acting test was without a doubt playing a dying man in MEET JOE BLACK

He was so obviously healthy..I'd have given him the Oscar that year....and I know that was a few years ago.....but he hasn't even reached the " bit poorly....lingering on " stage yet...

I wouldn't put him on the 2009 list....far too healthy :dead:

He's tricky because he looks a hell of a lot older than he actually is. 68 going on 69 surprised the hell out of me.  :dead:

I have the same thoughts everytime I watch Don Knotts as Mr.Ferley on "Threes Company". He looks years older then he actually is.

His biggest acting test was without a doubt playing a dying man in MEET JOE BLACK

He was so obviously healthy..I'd have given him the Oscar that year....and I know that was a few years ago.....but he hasn't even reached the " bit poorly....lingering on " stage yet...

I wouldn't put him on the 2009 list....far too healthy :dead:

Nealry had my wedding reception in that mansion.

I agree with the concensus - this truck has more miles left in it.

(have to apologize, I acccidentally pressed report rather than quote when trying to add this message).

He's tricky because he looks a hell of a lot older than he actually is. 68 going on 69 surprised the hell out of me.  :dead:

I have the same thoughts everytime I watch Don Knotts as Mr.Ferley on "Threes Company". He looks years older then he actually is.

I had read in a Canadian newspaper last summer that Don Knotts was unwell, but then he did a voice in Chicken Little in 2005, so I'm not really sure what do think.

I see no reason to nominate such a healthy specimen for a death list............unless you know something that we don't.

He might look healthy now but...

He was one of the biggest piss-artists on the planet.

He used to get so pissed he hallucinated he was St John the Baptist and tried to perform miracles on people in the pub.

That can't have done much for his liver, or for the Christian faith, for that matter :dead:

Guest TonyFan

TONY HOPKINS IS THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!

TONY 4 LIVE !!!!!!! <_<

TONY HOPKINS IS THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!

TONY 4 LIVE !!!!!!! :angry:

Tempus? <_<

Tonyfan highlights a problem. Imitating a few of the posting habits of the great Tempus is easy, how will we know if the real Tempus appears in disguise and limits himself to one-liners in bold print designed to wind the rest of us up?

A more pressing concern I reckon than the date of death of an actor still well enough to make five films a year.

Tonyfan highlights a problem. Imitating a few of the posting habits of the great Tempus is easy, how will we know if the real Tempus appears in disguise and limits himself to one-liners in bold print designed to wind the rest of us up?

A more pressing concern I reckon than the date of death of an actor still well enough to make five films a year.

That's five totally crap films a year. What was the last decent movie he was in? Anything since Remains of the Day?

Ronnie man!

I beg to differ, The World's Fastest Indian is a good natured piece of off-beat entertainment. Hardly gonna change the world but definitely a decent film. The whole thing - though based on truth - is such an insane story that it'd fall apart in the hands of a poor actor.

That's five totally crap films a year. What was the last decent movie he was in? Anything since Remains of the Day?

I've always wanted a "Remains of the Day" lunchbox

Bloody hell Phantom, how hard can this be? Scan the DVD cover and paste it on top of a lunchbox!

It works for us Gary Glitter fans now the shops have inexplicably started shouting at us every time we ask if they have any GG merchandise in stock.

Bloody hell Phantom, how hard can this be? Scan the DVD cover and paste it on top of a lunchbox!

It works for us Gary Glitter fans now the shops have inexplicably started shouting at us every time we ask if they have any GG merchandise in stock.

:D:D:lol:

Ronnie man!

I beg to differ, The World's Fastest Indian is a good natured piece of off-beat entertainment. Hardly gonna change the world but definitely a decent film. The whole thing - though based on truth - is such an insane story that it'd fall apart in the hands of a poor actor.

May I humbly present the films of the past 13 years of Sir Anthony's career. Of those I've seen Legends of the Fall sucked the most, which was a lot. He was ok in Red Dragon, although it was hardly a film that needed to be made.

Harry and the Butler (2008) (announced)

Slipstream (2007) (pre-production) .... Bonhoffer

Beowulf (2007) (post-production) .... King Hrothgar

Bobby (2006) (post-production) .... John Casey

Fracture (2006) (post-production) .... Ted Crawford

All the King's Men (2006) .... Judge Montague Irwin

The World's Fastest Indian (2005) .... Burt Munro

Proof (2005) .... Robert

Alexander (2004) .... Old Ptolemy

The Human Stain (2003) .... Coleman Silk

... aka Couleur du mensonge, La (France)

... aka Menschliche Makel, Der (Germany)

Red Dragon (2002) .... Dr. Hannibal Lecter

... aka Roter Drache (Germany)

Anthony Hopkins: A Taste for Hannibal (2002) (TV) .... Host/Narrator

Bad Company (2002) .... Officer Oakes

... aka Ceská spojka (Czech Republic)

Hearts in Atlantis (2001) .... Ted Brautigan

Hannibal (2001) .... Hannibal Lecter

The Devil and Daniel Webster (2001) .... Daniel Webster

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) (voice) .... The Narrator

... aka The Grinch (Australia) (UK) (USA: promotional title)

... aka Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (USA: complete title)

... aka Grinch, Der (Germany)

Mission: Impossible II (2000) (uncredited) .... Mission Commander Swanbeck

... aka M:I-2 (USA: DVD box title (promotional abbreviation))

... aka Mission: Impossible II (Germany)

Titus (1999) .... Titus Andronicus

Instinct (1999) .... Ethan Powell

Meet Joe Black (1998) .... William Parrish

The Mask of Zorro (1998) .... Don Diego de la Vega/Zorro

Amistad (1997) .... John Quincy Adams

The Edge (1997) .... Charles Morse

Surviving Picasso (1996) .... Pablo Picasso

August (1996) .... Ieuan Davies

Nixon (1995) .... Richard M. Nixon

Legends of the Fall (1994) .... Col. William Ludlow

The Road to Wellville (1994) .... Dr. John Harvey Kellogg

Shadowlands (1993) .... Jack Lewis

The Remains of the Day (1993) .... Stevens

I enjoyed 'Howard's End' (1992), although I've never seen it.

"Have you seen Howard's End?" one could ask a comely young lass.

"No" she'd more often than not reply.

"Would you like to see mine?" one would invariably say.

Funny the first few times...

Just spent a pleasant evening with a few mates, they'd rented The World's Fastest Indian on DVD. Went down right well it did and reminded me, it's a damn good AH performance because he plays an inarticulate bloke pretty well.

Definitely hasn't lost his talent completely.

1 minute ago, TomTomTelekom said:

Picture from 2 days ago....

4,w=756,q=high,c=0_bild.jpg

Did he have brain surgery recently?