Dr Hackenslash

Sven-Göran Eriksson

I reckon Sven'll kick the bucket in the not too distant future. He doesn't look all that healthy, does England's Mr Burns lookalike.

• Like 1

I think not. He is quitting the England job after the Worls Cup so that should do wonders for his health.

The man is wealthy, likely to land a cushy club job in Europe and clearly has a fair amount of lead in a pencil that's pushing sixty. DL 2036 I'd say.

I have no opinion on the matter, but I wanted to post in this thread before it gets closed without explanation like the good Doctor's other two threads. I think I got to vote on the Lord Lucan poll before it closed. Anyone going to fess up to these thread closings?

I have an opinion but I don't know what it is.

Wasn't sure about Lord Lucan but it was interesting reading, didn't know he was mates with Mike Harding, maybe that was a joke. I seem to recall reading about him here before and some decision that he's been ruled out because he was officially dead. Maybe he could go on a "live list" predicting people thought to be dead who might be still alive:

Adolf Hitler

Martin Borman

Lord Lucan

Elvis

Glen Miller

Donald Campbell

Jimmy Hill

I have an opinion but I don't know what it is.

Wasn't sure about Lord Lucan but it was interesting reading, didn't know he was mates with Mike Harding, maybe that was a joke. I seem to recall reading about him here before and some decision that he's been ruled out because he was officially dead. Maybe he could go on a "live list" predicting people thought to be dead who might be still alive:

Adolf Hitler

Martin Borman

Lord Lucan

Elvis

Glen Miller

Donald Campbell

Jimmy Hill

Don't be silly Godot, everyone knows Jimmy Hill died from injuries sustained in a nasty chin related accident.

Adolf Hitler

Martin Borman

Lord Lucan

Elvis

Glen Miller

Donald Campbell

Jimmy Hill

Adolf Hitler

Born in 1889 - if not dead, he is the world's oldest person. His burned out remains were found by the red army.

Martin Bormann

The one who got away? No. His remains were found during the constrution of a carpark not far from where Hitler's Berlin bunker was. They found glass in the skull indicating that he bit a sionide (whatever) capsule.

Adolf Hitler

Born in 1889 - if not dead, he is the world's oldest person. His burned out remains were found by the red army.

20051217144840330img0op.png

I bet after the sex change op, old Hitler had thought he'd got away with it.

And he would have as well if it hadn't of been for that pesky Windsor.

Thanks for your concern but the Lucan thread is open, and has been merged with the poll.

And Hitler died in South America in the 1950s.

Thanks for your concern but the Lucan thread is open, and has been merged with the poll.

I doubt that very much. That theory was proven to be false. The only shred of evidence was documents which were supposed to have belonged to Hitler and come from his Reich.

They were recognised as fakes.

I doubt that very much. That theory was proven to be false. The only shred of evidence was documents which were supposed to have belonged to Hitler and come from his Reich.

They were recognised as fakes.

Only joking.

Worst ever fakes were the Hitler Diaries - The Times has and never will recovered from printing them as fact in the 1980s, only to reverse their decision the next day.

Even "classy" journos get over-zealous when Hitler's involved.

I always found the story of Rudolf Hess very interesting.

He wanted peace with the British Empire so he goes to Scotland to speak to the Duke of Hamilton. Silly fool.

Anyhow there was a theory that the Hess who was captured was not the real Hess. I read somewhere that he claimed to be Hess' body double. Probably the only high ranking Nazi to die in my life time.

Apparently, at the Nuremberg Trials, one of the senior Nazis was heard to comment: "Which Hess, our Hess or your Hess, who is sitting there."

But the whole incident is odd, to say the least.

A lot of the aristos were in favour of making a pact.

It's ironic that Winston Churchill, one of the great defenders of the British Empire, decided to give up everything rather than surrender.

Of course, Hitler's real enemy was Bolshevism - and he could have wiped out the British Army in Dunkerque if he wanted to, but he felt the future of the world needed a strong backbone - and that backbone was the British Empire.

There seems, as with Charles kennedy a few weeks ago, to be no reason to scak Sven other than resentment from his colleagues that he was doing a good job while not ingratiating them.

There seems, as with Charles kennedy a few weeks ago, to be no reason to scak Sven other than resentment from his colleagues that he was doing a good job while not ingratiating them.

While that's true to a point...

Charles Kennedy was an alcoholic who turned up to events pissed off his face, although the media kept it quiet.

Then again, Sven is a bit of a sex-aholic, so they are a bit similar

and he could have wiped out the British Army in Dunkerque if he wanted to, but he felt the future of the world needed a strong backbone - and that backbone was the British Empire.

Total Bull.

Hitler ordered the tanks to stop because he misunderstood the German tank attrition figures - these included damaged tanks, but Hitler took the figures to mean destroyed tanks. And anyway his friend fat-herman assured him he could bomb the British army out of existence.

and he could have wiped out the British Army in Dunkerque if he wanted to, but he felt the future of the world needed a strong backbone - and that backbone was the British Empire.

Total Bull.

Hitler ordered the tanks to stop because he misunderstood the German tank attrition figures - these included damaged tanks, but Hitler took the figures to mean destroyed tanks. And anyway his friend fat-herman assured him he could bomb the British army out of existence.

The backbone stuff is pretty much what Hitler said in Mein Kampf.

In fact, he wrote much more about allying with England than fighting her.

He always thought it would be logical for Germany and Britain to join forces and destroy France once and for all.

Which sounds as good now as it did then :)

The backbone stuff is pretty much what Hitler said in Mein Kampf.

Indeed, but it doesn't mean that that's the reason the tanks were stopped.

I hate to go on like a broken record, but what you said simply isn't true.

Either way, a world divided up between the British Empire, a Greater Germany and the USA may well have turned out better than what we've got today.

Ooh, controversial remarks - is there anything better.

Nah, The Germans needed stuffing, a bunch of humourless arrogant bastards (no offence meant to any visiting Germans). The Russians have a sense of humour and like a drink. We got out from Dunkirk because we fought a successful rearguard action with the French and we had some air cover. The little armada of rescue boats did it. It wasn't about Hitler letting us off. Hitler was a nutter who captivated a nation that should have known better. Empires, British, American or anyone else are a bad idea. Anyway we now live in a capitalist empire and that includes China. Sven's OK. I like the way he played Crouch.

Sven's OK. I like the way he played Crouch.

He's obviously got a sense of humour.

Sven hauled out in front of the cameras to say how brilliant England are.

Not conflicted at all for the England/Sweden World Cup quarter-final....ha!

Anyway, he looks incredibly hale and hearty - another 30 years?

4 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Stepping away from football with immediate effect due to "health concerns", is awaiting "follow-up test" results and asks for privacy at this time. 

Hard to tell what he thinks he might have as he says at least for the time being which implies it could be something recoverable like cancer rather than Dementia. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Stepping away from football with immediate effect due to "health concerns", is awaiting "follow-up test" results and asks for privacy at this time. 

Stepping  away for the second time, then

First time was when he took the Notts County job!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1