Guest fwheels1

Dead Losses (2004)

That old clip where some bloke walks up to him and lamps him on live TV will no doubt get another airing on tonight's news then :rolleyes:

He was once thrown out of a hotel in Blackpool after likening the town to an "elephant's anus"

Ah, how times change. These days, that'd be a compliment. In fact, he'd get thrown out of a circus for likening an elephant's anus to Blackpool.

Another Nobel prize winner bites the dust.

It seems very timely that with the sudden outbreak of poetry in the pages of the forum, Czeslaw Milosz has realised that he can no longer compete, and slipped quietly away. :lol:

I look forward to Poetry Man's lines on a fellow poet, and wonder if he could follow the style of Milosz, and compose it entirely in Polish :D

He was once thrown out of a hotel in Blackpool after likening the town to an "elephant's anus"

Ah, how times change. These days, that'd be a compliment. In fact, he'd get thrown out of a circus for likening an elephant's anus to Blackpool.

Blackpool reminded me; worst arsekicking I ever received was asking a guy from Hartlepool, "Who hung the monkey?".

http://www.rjh.f2s.com/monkey/

They are famous enough - it's just that he hadn't made it to the 2004 list for a couple of reasons. 1 - Nobody had thought to mention him & 2 - Nobody had thought to mention he had cancer. Apart from that, no reason at all not to be included. Oh well . . .

DWB ;)

One of Carl's earlier songs with The Move was "I can hear the grass grow". I think a better title now would be: "I can help the grass grow".

DWB ;)

It is reassuring to see that you have worked through the five stages.

The news of her death reached us last week (see this thread), and in our own ways, like you, we have been trying to find that stage of acceptance. Never having heard of her prior to her death, I am happy to report that I jumped straight to the final stage ;)

"Butler died peacefully in his sleep at his home in Hayden, Idaho..."

Too bad, that, he deserved to suffer, the hateful bastard.

He'll be making his beloved wooden hulled boats in the Mermaid yard in heaven now.

"Fibre-glass boats, Tom? Not over my dead body!"

UK Gold has rotted my mind

Owen, Going... Gone.

Poetry Man in the style of E.J. Thripp on a bad day

Guest E She Were Thin

Miss Bluebell, Irish-born Margaret Kelly, founder of the famous and tall Bluebell Girls dancing troup in Paris, has died at the age of 94.