Sign in to follow this  
faustus

Jack Palance

I think the actor Jack Palance is a ' good bet ' for this year. Not sure of his age, but he he definitely clocking up the years now....This could be one to watch out for and I am surprised he's not on the list....could he be nominated for next years list ?

Not a bad call Faustus - Jack is apparently 84 or 85 this year - cant find any news of illness but old age will get him eventually

...also Richard Widmark and Norman Wisdom BOTH 89 ! well worth keeping an eye on these two..

Jack is 85, had a birthday bash in February and looks like he'll go forever.

Actually I thought he was already dead, but apparently not ...

Anyway, From imdb.com -

"After more than 40 years in pictures, Jack Palance finally won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for City Slickers (1991), playing a tough, wheezy, old cowboy with rapidly hardening arteries. As he accepted his award, he felt compelled to demonstrate that his physical condition in the film had nothing to do with the actual state of his health, and he demonstrated his physical prowess by doing a set of one-arm push-ups."

I think that means he's still going :D

All I know is that he has retired quietly to his ranch...

Does anyone know if the veteran Film actor Jack palance is still intact

I hope so, the man is a very good actor. Also a poet.

Jack Palance - a real star at last. I see that at 71 he was still doing one-handed push ups. I suppose now he's in his mid 80s he might be down to two hands.

At 86 (born on February 18, 1919) he is still alive....as to whether he is intact that would be something his doctor and love interests would be better able to answer.

If he isn't he could join Al Lewis in our collection of resident unidexters.

He's not much of a singer though, I have a copy of him singing "Green Green Grass of Home"

it's awful! but it gets rid of people at the end of the day

He's not much of a singer though, I have a copy of him singing "Green Green Grass of Home"

What, permanently?

That's a handy weapon- where can I get a copy?

What, permanently?

here............. Palance at Footlight.com and even here........ at counterpoint.com or if all else fails here......... last.fm/music etc. etc,

Jack Palance has certainly had an interesting life, his original name was Vladimir Palahniuk.

His face looks the way it does because he was a B-24 bomber pilot in WWII.

The plane crashed and he was extensively burned and underwent reconstructive surgery.

One tough old bastard I'd say.

What, permanently?

here............. Palance at Footlight.com and even here........ at counterpoint.com or if all else fails here......... last.fm/music etc. etc,

Jesus, what an album cover... I think I might get a copy, discard the record & use the cover to make a mask.

No f****r's gonna mess with me while I'm wearing that!

Brinsworth if you're unlucky in your search, let me know and PM me with your address and I can put a copy of it along with some weird covers from the same album "Golden Throats - Volume 3". I could possibly fit all 4 volumes of absurd / terrible cover versions on to two cds

Brinsworth if you're unlucky in your search, let me know and PM me with your address and I can put a copy of it along with some weird covers from the same album "Golden Throats - Volume 3". I could possibly fit all 4 volumes of absurd / terrible cover versions on to two cds

Golden Throats Vol.3 ?

I like the sound of that!

Do you have it on DVD?

Brinsworth, not that "Golden Throats" B) it was a 4 cd set of terrible cover versions. the last one was entitled "Celebrities Butcher The Beatles"

Brinsworth, not that "Golden Throats" B) it was a 4 cd set of terrible cover versions. the last one was entitled "Celebrities Butcher The Beatles"

I believe that there were actually talks held to produce a reality style television programme with that very title, but Mark Chapman got there first & ruined it for everybody.

Brinsworth, not that "Golden Throats"  B) it was a 4 cd set of terrible cover versions. the last one was entitled "Celebrities Butcher The Beatles"

I believe that there were actually talks held to produce a reality style television programme with that very title, but Mark Chapman got there first & ruined it for everybody.

If Chapman ever gets released then surely he'll go to the top of the DL.

How long would you give him? Hours?

not before he's given a gun and Ringo Starr's address

not before he's given a gun and Ringo Starr's address

Ringo's harmless.

But will he outlive McCartney?

I reckon so, as it would make sense for the most boring / musically-limited Beatle to last the longest.

Harmless you say?

You obviously weren't subjected to the concert he gave in NY last summer.

They broadcasted the whole thing live on tv here. It was diabolical.

Ok then let's give him Bryan Adams and Celine Dion's addresses and Chapman can do the world a favour B)