M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

Bye, bye Betty's hot pot

" 'Corrie' bosses are reportedly planning to take Betty's hot pot off the menu in the Rover's Return. Producers are phasing out the iconic meal because they are concerned that 90-year-old actress Betty Driver, who plays barmaid Betty, is set to retire from the show, reports The Sun. Viewers of the soap will know that Betty has always refused to reveal the recipe to her dish so it will have to be dropped from the menu once she leaves. ... Sally Webster's herby lamb cobbler is reportedly the current favourite to replace it."

Are William Hill taking bets on that last bit?!

Now this bit I know for a FACT to be bollocks, because the ONLY thing Sally Fucking Webster has ever said about food in Coronation Shite is 'Ey oop Rersie, d'ya want beans fer yer teeeeeeaaaa'.

I fucking HATE Coronation Bollocks - I really want to get home from a hard day's work, switch on the telly and listen to whinging fucking Northerners talking about whippets. And Ken Barlow - his wife is hardly cold and he's already shagging some bint half his age. It should have been taken off air years ago. Load of crap.

It is shite at the moment no question

A good funeral might perk it up though??

• Like 1

Bye, bye Betty's hot pot

" 'Corrie' bosses are reportedly planning to take Betty's hot pot off the menu in the Rover's Return. Producers are phasing out the iconic meal because they are concerned that 90-year-old actress Betty Driver, who plays barmaid Betty, is set to retire from the show, reports The Sun. Viewers of the soap will know that Betty has always refused to reveal the recipe to her dish so it will have to be dropped from the menu once she leaves. ... Sally Webster's herby lamb cobbler is reportedly the current favourite to replace it."

Are William Hill taking bets on that last bit?!

Now this bit I know for a FACT to be bollocks, because the ONLY thing Sally Fucking Webster has ever said about food in Coronation Shite is 'Ey oop Rersie, d'ya want beans fer yer teeeeeeaaaa'.

I fucking HATE Coronation Bollocks - I really want to get home from a hard day's work, switch on the telly and listen to whinging fucking Northerners talking about whippets. And Ken Barlow - his wife is hardly cold and he's already shagging some bint half his age. It should have been taken off air years ago. Load of crap.

It is shite at the moment no question

A good funeral might perk it up though??

Well John Stape is about to go out with a bang, they ought to kill off Tracy Barlow too, her shelf life expired about 4 years ago off to Panto with her!

Well deathlist forum compiler must be hiding away this year all these obvious candidates who are snuffing it Betty Driver at 90 another one who should have been on the list she won't last pneumonia at 90 not a chance.

Coronation Street star Betty Driver who played Betty Turpin dies age 91.

Can we have a new compiler for 2012 what was he thinking this year.

here is alink to the sad news http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15320895 death of a legend..the nation will be in mourning :o

Your nation might be in mourning, mine isn't. Another 2 bit actress who couldn't be arsed to actually get off her arse and do some proper acting but stuck with a nice little earner, apologies to all you Corrie fans but I hate it and other soap operas with a passion :rip: .

To be fair she hasn't done a lot in Coronation Street since she ended up in the lake with Bet and Fred was an easy gig standing behind a bar for 40 years.

here is alink to the sad news http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15320895 death of a legend..the nation will be in mourning :o

Your nation might be in mourning, mine isn't. Another 2 bit actress who couldn't be arsed to actually get off her arse and do some proper acting but stuck with a nice little earner, apologies to all you Corrie fans but I hate it and other soap operas with a passion :rip: .

Even River City? :(

Guest Corrie fan
To be fair she hasn't done a lot in Coronation Street since she ended up in the lake with Bet and Fred was an easy gig standing behind a bar for 40 years.

It wasn't her fault the writers never gave her a proper bloody storyline!

R.I.P Betty. You will never be forgotten :rip:

one of her clients was an ex Corrie actress who got into debt because of drink/drug/men problems.

It wouldn't be Jennifer Moss, who played Lucille Hewitt, by any chance? Lots of well-publicised problems with drink, drugs and men.

Don't know if this was ever mentioned on the site (can't be arsed checking), but it seems that Jennifer Moss died in 2006.

Even River City? :(

But what about Albion Market and Eldorado, surely you never hated those? :P

The only thing I'm upset is that I only just penciled in Betty Driver on my list for next year only last week.

Makes me wonder if the grim reaper is getting hold of a copy of my list and bumping people off before the end of the year.

Indeed, she should have made the list years ago. Talk about a missed opportunity! Mind you ex-EastEnder Anna Wing is still hanging on after 24 years, and she's 6 years older...

Indeed, she should have made the list years ago. Talk about a missed opportunity! Mind you ex-EastEnder Anna Wing is still hanging on after 24 years, and she's 6 years older...

She was still working at the start of the year. She also seemed to be in very good health at her 90th last year. So probably not that big a miss.

In my eyes a tad harsh. She started working at the age of 8, and according to comments I've read was forced onto the stage with physical violence used by her Mother to keep her there. Given she retired in the 1960's and then came out of retirement for the part of Betty Turpin she stayed until today.

Lets not forget, she stayed in the same job for 41 years. If she'd started at 18, that would make her 59 years old. And lets face it, if you have the dream job, you'd stay for 40+ plus years.

one of her clients was an ex Corrie actress who got into debt because of drink/drug/men problems.

It wouldn't be Jennifer Moss, who played Lucille Hewitt, by any chance? Lots of well-publicised problems with drink, drugs and men.

Don't know if this was ever mentioned on the site (can't be arsed checking), but it seems that Jennifer Moss died in 2006.

It was.

Anyway, RIP Betty Driver. A lovely, generous lady and a very sad loss.

Kevin Webster may not be long behind her. Especially if the allegations are true.

If the allegations do turn out to be true, wonder how he will be written out. Would be interesting to see how they would handle it

Kevin Webster may not be long behind her. Especially if the allegations are true.

If the allegations do turn out to be true, wonder how he will be written out. Would be interesting to see how they would handle it

Killed off unceremoniously I suspect.

After being MIA and unmentioned for months no doubt

Yes - soap characters who need to be written out quickly usually disappear to either Scotland or Spain. Then die.

Yes - soap characters who need to be written out quickly usually disappear to either Scotland or Spain. Then die.

Writing out Betty will be fairly easy, she's hardly done anything for the past 40 years except serve hotpot. Kevin, on the other hand, has been a prominent character embroiled in several major storylines for nearly 3 decades. For him to suddenly and abruptly disappear would be somewhat awkward and embarrassing for them to say the least

Writing out Betty will be fairly easy, she's hardly done anything for the past 40 years except serve hotpot. Kevin, on the other hand, has been a prominent character embroiled in several major storylines for nearly 3 decades. For him to suddenly and abruptly disappear would be somewhat awkward and embarrassing for them to say the least

Assuming they need to write him out, it would be very easy. Telephone call to attend breakdown, crash, end of Kevin.

But how about we wait and find out if he's guilty of anything first?

Assuming they need to write him out, it would be very easy. Telephone call to attend breakdown, crash, end of Kevin.

But how about we wait and find out if he's guilty of anything first?

Doesn't really matter. If you throw enough shit, some sticks.

Guest Guest

I am totally behind him.These allegations are clearly baseless slurs by people wanting to get money out of him probably just like they did with Michael Jackson.It must be awful to be accused of being a child molestar when you are just an ordinary family guy.I am praying for him and I think you all should too!

I am totally behind him.These allegations are clearly baseless slurs by people wanting to get money out of him probably just like they did with Michael Jackson.It must be awful to be accused of being a child molestar when you are just an ordinary family guy.I am praying for him and I think you all should too!

Does it bring back bad memories of your own experience?

• Like 2