M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

Jean Alexander, Hilda Ogden, gone to the great muriel in the sky
  • Like 1

Jean Alexander, Hilda Ogden, gone to the great muriel in the sky

That's a big shame that...

Article has been taken down by The Mirror, and hasn't been reported by any other news agency. Elaborate hoax that the Mirror bought into without verifying properly?

I hope so.Jean Alexander was such a coronation street icon :(.That scene where she holds Stans glasses after he dies always brings a tear to my eyes !

• Like 1

Article has been taken down by The Mirror, and hasn't been reported by any other news agency. Elaborate hoax that the Mirror bought into without verifying properly?

Yes, seems she's only gone to work for Dr Lowther after all.
  • Like 3

Tomorrow's Daily Mirror says she's been rushed to hospital, so perhaps they were a little presumptious with her obit.

If it turns out to be a hoax or she recovers from the stroke she would surely be a good pick for next years death list ?

Not sure if anyone saw this, but Barbara Knox was arrested for drink-driving back in April.

Her trial has been postponed until October

I havent heard anything about this in months so Im assuming the trial is still pending.However I do recall reading that medication for very high blood pressure was in some way going to be used as evidence in her defence.

Perhaps shes in poorer health than was known.

Not sure if anyone saw this, but Barbara Knox was arrested for drink-driving back in April. Her trial has been postponed until October
I havent heard anything about this in months so Im assuming the trial is still pending.However I do recall reading that medication for very high blood pressure was in some way going to be used as evidence in her defence. Perhaps shes in poorer health than was known.

The date of the trial keeps getting moved. Although the press doesn't speculate or give a reason as to why it keeps getting delayed.

Not sure if anyone saw this, but Barbara Knox was arrested for drink-driving back in April. Her trial has been postponed until October
I havent heard anything about this in months so Im assuming the trial is still pending.However I do recall reading that medication for very high blood pressure was in some way going to be used as evidence in her defence. Perhaps shes in poorer health than was known.

The date of the trial keeps getting moved. Although the press doesn't speculate or give a reason as to why it keeps getting delayed.

Intriguing.I dont sense she will stay on the show until shes 90 like Betty Driver.

That is very sad :(.I loved her in Coronation Street.

• Like 1

We know. Red Flag told us two posts above your's.

Surprised she was not picked for the DDP. I also thought she was older than 60.

Same to both, though I'd thought she just needed a break!

Particularly as there is a Corrie-themed team in this year...

• Like 1

As the creator of that corrie team I'm both upset she's passed on and pissed at myself for leaving her out -i'd convinced myself she wasn't ill just taking a break.

CS14.jpg

• Like 1