M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

Also Eastenders character Charlie Slater was killed off in Tonight`s episode.The actor who plays him Derek Martin is 83 in April and overweight.Maybe one to keep in mind in the future.

I presume "a nice cup of tea" or "cuppatea" was offered round?

Isn't that the corrie tradition? Eastenders is more the "I cannot afford the funeral or someone poisoned him" route.

• Like 1

Congrats to those who took the punt on Louise Plowright in the DDP, dead at 59.

Someone who went for Plowright was DDT. Which means, if Louise gets a qualifying obit, she has the honour of being his 100th hit.

Someone who went for Plowright was DDT. Which means, if Louise gets a qualifying obit, she has the honour of being his 100th hit.

She does: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/former-eastenders-actress-louise-plowright-7471449

At last...

Congratulations DDT, wherever you are.

I wasn't brave enough to put her in my main team, because of obitability. But now she becomes the third hit of my B-Team, which is about to catch up to The Love Boat, especially since Mother Angelica can't be far behind, as I'm saying for the third time now.

Big one in soapland, as Corrie creator Tony Warren dies at 79.

Absolutely massive one for soap-land. Basically the father of soap. The man responsible for Ena Sharples, Elsie Tanner, Ken Barlow, Emily Bishop, Rita Knox and Annie Walker among hundreds, if not thousands, of other TV creations.

Absolutely massive one for soap-land. Basically the father of soap. The man responsible for Ena Sharples, Elsie Tanner, Ken Barlow, Emily Bishop, Rita Knox and Annie Walker among hundreds, if not thousands, of other TV creations.

I'm sure we can forgive him that! (Who's Rita Knox - you mean Littlewood/Fairclough/Sullivan surely?)

I'm sure we can forgive him that! (Who's Rita Knox - you mean Littlewood/Fairclough/Sullivan surely?)

Or thank him for such a wonderful show, I really wish more of the old 60s,70s and 80s shows were available, it's a completely different beast to todays shows - and is much better. Of course I do. :)

You forgot Tanner... But the actress is Barbara Knox, which is where the confusion arose.

She does: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/former-eastenders-actress-louise-plowright-7471449

Ohh, missed this yesterday. My first hit of 2016. :skill2:

You forgot Tanner... But the actress is Barbara Knox, which is where the confusion arose.

I didn't forget, I was unaware! I haven't watched for many years. Deathlist is my soap of choice these days.

• Like 1

I didn't forget, I was unaware! I haven't watched for many years. Deathlist is my soap of choice these days.

I'd be careful not to drop it, I heard it can cause fatal injuries.

Death Notice for James Douglas, reportedly dead at 86 on 5 March 2016 (which means wiki is wrong by three or four years): http://www.rep-am.com/Obituaries/944900.txt

He played Steven Cord in over 400 episodes of Peyton Place and was Grant Colman in As The World Turns.

Over here in the UK, we probably know him for his role as Rick in G.I. Blues.

Edit: Found this which gives his dob as 20 May 1929: http://www.berginfuneralhome.com/obituaries/James-Douglas-8/

Anyone else fancy a sweep-stake on who the next soap actor to die will be.

Deathray - Jean Alexander (Hilda Ogen in Corrie) - 89 years old

Cat O'Falk and Morbidkid - Bill Treacher (Arthur Fowler in Eastenders) - 85 years old

Scraggy Taters - June Brown (Dot Cotton in EastEners) - 89 years old.

Fergie89 and Shaun of the Dead- Sheila Mercier (Annie Sugden in EastEnders) - 97 years old

Handrejka - Eileen Derbyshire (Emily Bishop in Coronation Street) - 84 years old.

time - Leonard Fenton (Dr Legg in EastEnders) - 89 years old

themaninblack - Julie Goodyear (Bet Lynch in Coronation Street) - 74 years old

BufordTJustice - Joan Collins (Alexis Carrington Colby in Dynasty) - 82 years old

The Dead Cow - Paula Tilbrook (Betty Eagketon in Emmerdale) - 86 year olds

Toast - Doreen Keogh (Concepta Riley in Coronation Street) - 90 years old.

YoungWillz - Johnny Beattie (Malcolm Atkinson in River City) - 89 years old

Bibliogryphon - Vivean Gray - (Mrs Mangel in Neighbours) - 91 years old

I'll pick Jean Alexander.

NO!

I predict bill teacher.

In that case I'll go for Bill Treacher.

NO!

Not sure what the point your making is, if you don't want to be part of it just don't enter.

I predict bill teacher.

Can you tell me what soap Bill Teacher appeared in and as what character?

• Like 1

NO!

Not sure what the point your making is, if you don't want to be part of it just don't enter.

I predict bill teacher.

Can you tell me what soap Bill Teacher appeared in and as what character?

your mom.
  • Like 1