M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

8 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

She looks ghastly anywhere. 

She's a total fucking car crash and I would not be at all surprised to hear of her premature demise.  Somebody fucking help her for fuck's sake. 

2 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

She's a total fucking car crash and I would not be at all surprised to hear of her premature demise.  Somebody fucking help her for fuck's sake. 

Is she? Is she REALLY?

It wasnt that long ago she was supposedly homeless and fucking potless.

No more than, what seems like months later, she is living in Marbella and walking around with a Prada fucking handbag with £600 (near enough in euros) inside it before she got mugged.

She needs no help, she is a fucking CUNT!!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Is she? Is she REALLY?

It wasnt that long ago she was supposedly homeless and fucking potless.

No more than, what seems like months later, she is living in Marbella and walking around with a Prada fucking handbag with £600 (near enough in euros) inside it before she got mugged.

She needs no help, she is a fucking CUNT!!!!!!

I very much doubt the story of the mugging.  She was pictured before it allegedly happened with some quite distinctive key chain accessories attached to the 'stolen' bag - after the 'mugging' the same accessories appeared on her new bag.  Did she say to the mugger 'ooo hang on a mo, let me just take these off before you brutally mug me'?

I agree she is a cunt but she is also clearly mentally unstable and needs professional intervention. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I very much doubt the story of the mugging.  She was pictured before it allegedly happened with some quite distinctive key chain accessories attached to the 'stolen' bag - after the 'mugging' the same accessories appeared on her new bag.  Did she say to the mugger 'ooo hang on a mo, let me just take these off before you brutally mug me'?

I agree she is a cunt but she is also clearly mentally unstable and needs professional intervention. 

Fair comment Lardy but, Id suggest, the drugs that she is undoubtedly still on are causing her erratic behaviour.

Its not like she hasnt had professional help before to quit them.

June Brown took out front page adverts in Sunday papers staking her claim for inclusion in 2018 Deathlist (you may have mistaken them for articles)

Peter Hansen, who played Lee Baldwin in General Hospital from 1965-1976, 1977-1986 and then again 1992-2004, has died aged 95. He also appeared in The Public Defender, Ben Jerrod, The Golden Girls, Broken Arrow, Cheers and Magnum, P.I, amongst others.

Edit: He has received a Daily Mirror obituary.

Report of the death of Jared Martin aged 75, who played Dusty Farlow in Dallas. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jared-martin-dead-dusty-farlow-dallas-was-75-1007947

I never watched that show, but I do remember him from various US Sci-Fi shows, very distinctive look.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Martin

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0552474/

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Welsh born Australian actress Lyn James, who played receptionist Helen Gordon in The Young Doctors, has died. http://www.atvtoday.co.uk/98577-grundy/ Article says she was 87, Wiki calls her 81.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyn_James

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1060713/

Aww, that's sad news. She was extremely likeable in The Young Doctors - quite possibly the most sympathetic Oz soap character other than Saint Meg of Wentworth.

I don't know if it's on YouTube but when YTV and Tyne Tees joined up and started showing TYD in sync with each other (YTV was years behind) a catch-up five minutes covering the 215 episodes skipped by YTV was shown which was hilarious, and Helen Gordon featured heavily in it - full of dismissing massive and character life changing storylines in one sentence.

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Awwww no.I loved his sketches with Les Dawson.Plus I had him in the Georgian deadpool.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of Roy Barroclough's death. His comedy routines with Rita in the corner shop will be sadly missed :(

10 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Awwww no.I loved his sketches with Les Dawson.Plus I had him in the Georgian deadpool.

Kind of saddened by this too, He was one of the first famous people I remember meeting and the first, possibly the only, person I've ever asked for an autograph.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Ironically Barraclough passed away at Willow Wood Hospice, Ashton-under-Lyne, the same hospice where his good friend Corrie and Last of the Summer Wine actress Kathy Staff died. Staff, who played Vera Hopkins in the Manchester soap during the mid-seventies, also played Barraclough's on screen wife, Lorna Everitt in Castle Haven a short lived soap opera broadcast by Yorkshire Television from 1969.

2d62ec532342b233c9f6e2c0d25d5396.jpg

• Like 2

They played a Cissy and Ada sketch on the PM programme last night. Still very funny. 

• Like 2

Time for another soapstar superstar sweepstake; first pick to die wins; 

I'll go for Eileen Derbyshire since she still hasn't returned to CS.

Masterlist

1. Eileen Derbyshire  (Emily Bishop in CS) - Deathray
  2. Leah Bracknell (Zoe Tate in ED) - Toast
  3. Paula Tilbrook (Betty Eagleron ED) - Dead Wait
  4. Leonard Fenton (Dr Harold Legg EE) - Bibliogryphon
  5. Shelia Mercier (Annie Sugden EE) - Coffin Lodger
  6. Liz Dawn (Vera Duckworth CS) - Shaun of the Dead 
  7. Connie Sawyer (Apartment Manager -DY) - Spade Cooley 
  8.  William Roache (Ken Barlow CS) - FixedBusiness 
  9. June Brown (Dot Cotton CS) - Fergie86
  10. Mark Eden (Adan Bradley CS) -Gooseberry Crumble 

Leah Bracknell