M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

Just now, Joey Russ said:

That source isn’t reliable, as they also reported Manson’s death before he actually died...

Also, why would a place in Florida be the first to report the death of someone from a UK show? 

It's possible they have some inside info though. He could be a lot worse than they're letting   on...

2 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

It's possible they have some inside info though. He could be a lot worse than they're letting   on...

From Florida? You think someone in a different continent would seriously have inside info from someone in the UK who isn’t known in the US at all? :rolleyes:

Two questions, one you've already asked: How could a Florida newspaper be the first to report a UK soap actor's death?

But the second question: If Hebden is still alive, why would an American paper post the death of that actor they know nothing about?

Well I'm pleased that Norris isn't dead but all my dead pools were hoping Jessica had lasted long enough to pull through.

Sad situation but if she had survived it would have been a terribly sad and traumatic time for her and perhaps death was the kindest way out. RIP.

Definitely sad for sure, but kudos to the Dead Cow, drol, and anyone else who has punted on her. Well, that’s one of 6 differentials from the Dead Cow now gone, and I expect more to go. Imo, I don’t think I’ll be able to beat him tbh...

Seems the Mail were premature in announcing her death, they've now edited their article to say that she's not dead but her life support's been switched off. Typical Mail.

9 minutes ago, The Dead Cow said:

Seems the Mail were premature in announcing her death, they've now edited their article to say that she's not dead but her life support's been switched off. Typical Mail.

As have the Mirror, Star, some Australian newspapers. Nearly everyone covering the story here except the Beeb (who didn't announce it).

Hours rather than days then.

PS The official Home and Away twitter has posted a "rest in peace" message. She's gone, they've just jumped the gun on announcing it by looks of it.

Hmm. I'll amend the points for the Hare's if she dies tomorrow (Aus time).

Still not absolutely sure she has gone just yet.

Still not dead, it seems. 

I think it takes a day or two for the body to shut down.

(Plot twist: she's off life support because she is recovering.)

Sky now going with dead.

It's a reverse of the Mail and Mirror, who changed their "dead" to "life support". This is Sky's life support article changed to dead...

Surprise! Hospital denies the life support has been switched and says she remains in critical conditions. Bullshit, all of these reports. Stupid journalists.

Oh wow.... but then, these things seem to happen more and more often... death sensationalism in the press...

Now wikipedia has to remove her from the "Deaths of 2018" list a second time....

Same thing happened to Frates last year,many outlets reported him as dead then had to retract when he tweeted no I ain't dead

Maybe she’s not as certain as I thought she was...

The sequence for her is encouraging.

She was dead. No actually she's had her life support switched off. No actually she's still fighting for her life.

If it keeps on like this by tomorrow night she could be skipping round the ward.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, drol said:

Surprise! Hospital denies the life support has been switched and says she remains in critical conditions. Bullshit, all of these reports. Stupid journalists.

Police have confirmed that her life support has been switched off.

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Maybe she’s not as certain as I thought she was...

Nevermind then...

Anyone else spotted her potential for the Scrabble thread?  

• Like 2

So the life support part was always true despite the confusion over that part. Just that the media instantly assumed "life support off = automatic death" when, unless they're brain dead, it takes a day or so.