M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

Sunday morning, 5.30 a.m. in Australia: condition still unchanged.

This weekend in deadpooling has a bit of a Waiting for Godot feel to it.

• Like 2

This whole thing has just been torturous. I'ts probably for the best that she can be together with her parents and sister in the next life. It would have been hard for her to bear that scale of loss.Any scumbag who causes a crash like that because they're on drugs or booze or speeding should be jailed for life ! 

It has been really hard following this story.Am glad I didn`t pick her as it would have felt wrong .in December it seemed less certain that she would die.Comas can go either way like Schumacher.Terribly sad but considering her catastrophic injuries and loss it is I suppose a relief she isn`t suffering anymore.

Very sad indeed. It's quite sad that she has to die so young, though, if I'm honest, I'm not sure if she would've had a good quality of life if she had live. :( 

Anyways, well done to Dead Cow, drol, Sir Creep, and anyone else who punted on her. :rip:

Damn. I hope I am never in the position she was in. I never knew it could take days for somebody to finally pass after being taken off life support. Poor girl must've been hurting so bad.

A devastatingly sad case. By all accounts the Falkholts seemed a decent and caring family, now wiped out due to someone who should've never been allowed on the road. I was rooting for her to pull through at first, but it can only be a relief that she'll never have to cope with the loss of her immediate family and the likely poor quality of life that would've followed. :rip:

• Like 3

So sad, a strong woman to have lasted this long.

Cmon people.  The event is unfathomable seeing as one second 5 people are driving from point A to point B and the next all 5 are dead.  That goes without saying.  But did you want her to LIVE?  She is at peace.  Best thing that could have happened for her (unless you think it’s really cool for families of people like Schumacher or Konstantinov or Abdusalamov having bobble-heads at the dinner table nightly to remind them).  Of course I’m sorry anyone has to die before age 30 but it happens 100s of times a day. 

RIP

SC

In today's episode of things that interest nobody but me:

I've long held a deep suspicion that Bill Roache will actually retire and moreover that he will do so as part of Coronation Street's 60th birthday anniversary celebrations. The following is how long each of the following soap actors would need to outlast Bill Roache in order to gain the long service record. I've only included those who are still in their shows, obviously some others (I'm looking at you Eileen Derbyshire) could come back and break his record with a brief few years. Some of them would need to work to a grand old age to reach it though:

I'll update this as actors leave their respective shows until the record is broken.

I've used the list of wiki so this may be a tad inaccurate. I've only done this with more than 15 years service.

Barbara Knox (Rita Tanner, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 12 years to 2032 - making her 99 years old. Unlikely.

Helen Worth (Gail Platt, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 13 years to 2033 - making her 82 years old. Probable.

Michael le Vell (Kevin Webster, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 23 years to 2043 - making him 79 years olds. Likely.

Sue Nicholls (Audrey Roberts, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 23 years to 2043 - making her 100 years old. Unlikely

Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 24 years to 2044 - making him 75 years old. Almost Certain. 

Sally Dynevor (Sally Metcalfe, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 25 years to 2045 - making her 82 years old. Probable.

Chris Chittell (Eric Pollard, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 25 years to 2045 - making him 97 years old. Unlikely.

Derek Thompson (Charlie Fairhead, CY) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 26 years to 2046 - making him 98. Incredibly unlikely given he plays a medic.

June Brown (Dot Branning, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 29 years to 2049 - making her 122 years old. Incredibly unlikely.

Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 29 years to 2049 - making him 75 years old. Probable.

Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 31 years to 2051 - making him 92 years old. Possible.

Steve Halliwell (Zack Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 34 years to 2054 - making him 100 years old. Unlikely.

David Neilson (Roy Cropper, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 34 years to 2054 - making him 105 years old. Unlikely.

Nick Pricard (Tony Hutchinson, HO) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 34 years to 2054 - making him 79 years old. Quite probable.

Jane Cox (Lisa Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 35 years to 2055 - making her 103 years old. Unlikely.

Mark Charnnock (Marlon Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 35 years to 2055 - making him 87 years old. Possible.

Jimmy McKenna (Jack Osborne, HO) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 35 years to 2055 - making him 102 years old. Unlikely.

Beverley Callard (Liz McDonald, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 36 years to 2056 - making her 99 years old. Unlikely.

Malcolm Hebden (Norris Cole, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 36 years to 2056 - making him 117 years old. Incredibly unlikely.

Dominic Brunt (Paddy Kirk, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 36 years to 2056 - making him 86 years old. Possible.

James Hooton (Sam Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 37 years to 2057 - making him 84 years old. Probable

Alan Halsall (Tyrone Dobbs, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 37 years to 2057 - making him 75 years old. Probable.

Perry Fenwick (Billy Mitchell, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 38 years to 2058 - making him 96 years old. Unlikely.

Elizabeth Estensen (Diane Sugden, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by  38 years to 2058 - making her 109 years old. Incredibly unlikely.

Jimmi Harskihikan (Dev Alagan, CS) would  need to out-last Bill Roache by  38 years to 2058 - making him 93 years old. Possible but unlikely.

Letitia Dean (Sharon Mitchell, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making her 92 years old. Possible but unlikely.

Ian Bleasdale (Josh Griffiths, CY) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making him 109 years old. Incredibly unlikely.

Jack P Shepherd (David  Platt. CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making him 71 years old. Almost guaranteed.

Sue Cleaver (Eileen Phelan, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making her 96 years old. Unlikely.

Tony Audenshew (Bob Hope, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making him 96 years old. Unlikely.

Patrick Mower (Rodney Blackstock, ED)  would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making him 121 years old. Incredibly unlike.

Gillian Taylforth (Kathy Beale, EE)  would need to out-last Bill Roache by 40 years to 2060 - making her 106 years old. Unlikely.

Natalie Cassidy (Sonia Fowler, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 40 years to 2060 - making her 78 years old. Probable.

Andrew Whyment (Kirk Sutherland, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 40 years to 2060 - making him 80 years old. Possible.

Rudolph Walker (Patrick Truman, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 40 years to 2060 - making him 122 years old. Not a fucking chance.

Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 41 years to 2061 - making her 83 years old. Possible.

Ashley Taylor Dawson (Darren Osbourne, HO) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 41 years to 2061 - making him 79 years old. Possible.

Samia Longchambon (Maria Connor, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 41 years to 2061 - making her 79 years old. Possible.

Nicola Wheeler (Nichola King, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 41 years to 2061 - making her 87 years old. Possible.

Hugh Quarshie (Ric Griffin, HC) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 41 years to 2061 - making him 107 years old. Not a chance.

Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making him 92 years old. Possible.

Jennie McAlpine (Fiz Stape, CS)  would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making her 78 years old. Possible.

Charlie Webb (Debbie Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making her 74 years old. Probable.

Lucy Pargeter (Chas Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making her 85 years old. Probable.

Ellis Hollins (Tom Cunningham, HO) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making him 63 years old. Probable.

Meg Johnson (Pearl Ladderbanks, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making her 126 years old. Incredibly unlikely.

Sam Aston (Chesney Brown, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making him 69 years old. Probable.

Obviously it goes without saying for every year after the 60th Bill stays that age column will need pushed up a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hang on, Ian Beale is only 49? I'd have assumed he was a decade older given longevity.

8 minutes ago, Deathray said:

In today's episode of things that interest nobody but me:

I've long held a deep suspicion that Bill Roache will actually retire and moreover that he will do so as part of Coronation Street's 60th birthday anniversary celebrations. The following is how long each of the following soap actors would need to outlast Bill Roache in order to gain the long service record. I've only included those who are still in their shows, obviously some others (I'm looking at you Eileen Derbyshire) could come back and break his record with a brief few years. Some of them would need to work to a grand old age to reach it though:

I'll update this as actors leave their respective shows until the record is broken.

I've used the list of wiki so this may be a tad inaccurate. I've only done this with more than 15 years service.

Barbara Knox (Rita Tanner, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 12 years to 2032 - making her 99 years old. Unlikely.

Helen Worth (Gail Platt, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 13 years to 2033 - making her 82 years old. Probable.

Michael le Vell (Kevin Webster, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 23 years to 2043 - making him 79 years olds. Likely.

Sue Nicholls (Audrey Roberts, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 23 years to 2043 - making her 100 years old. Unlikely

Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 24 years to 2044 - making him 75 years old. Almost Certain. 

Sally Dynevor (Sally Metcalfe, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 25 years to 2045 - making her 82 years old. Probable.

Chris Chittell (Eric Pollard, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 25 years to 2045 - making him 97 years old. Unlikely.

Derek Thompson (Charlie Fairhead, CY) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 26 years to 2046 - making him 98. Incredibly unlikely given he plays a medic.

June Brown (Dot Branning, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 29 years to 2049 - making her 122 years old. Incredibly unlikely.

Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 29 years to 2049 - making him 75 years old. Probable.

Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 31 years to 2051 - making him 92 years old. Possible.

Steve Halliwell (Zack Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 34 years to 2054 - making him 100 years old. Unlikely.

David Neilson (Roy Cropper, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 34 years to 2054 - making him 105 years old. Unlikely.

Nick Pricard (Tony Hutchinson, HO) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 34 years to 2054 - making him 79 years old. Quite probable.

Jane Cox (Lisa Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 35 years to 2055 - making her 103 years old. Unlikely.

Mark Charnnock (Marlon Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 35 years to 2055 - making him 87 years old. Possible.

Jimmy McKenna (Jack Osborne, HO) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 35 years to 2055 - making him 102 years old. Unlikely.

Beverley Callard (Liz McDonald, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 36 years to 2056 - making her 99 years old. Unlikely.

Malcolm Hebden (Norris Cole, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 36 years to 2056 - making him 117 years old. Incredibly unlikely.

Dominic Brunt (Paddy Kirk, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 36 years to 2056 - making him 86 years old. Possible.

James Hooton (Sam Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 37 years to 2057 - making him 84 years old. Probable

Alan Halsall (Tyrone Dobbs, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 37 years to 2057 - making him 75 years old. Probable.

Perry Fenwick (Billy Mitchell, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 38 years to 2058 - making him 96 years old. Unlikely.

Elizabeth Estensen (Diane Sugden, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by  38 years to 2058 - making her 109 years old. Incredibly unlikely.

Jimmi Harskihikan (Dev Alagan, CS) would  need to out-last Bill Roache by  38 years to 2058 - making him 93 years old. Possible but unlikely.

Letitia Dean (Sharon Mitchell, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making her 92 years old. Possible but unlikely.

Ian Bleasdale (Josh Griffiths, CY) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making him 109 years old. Incredibly unlikely.

Jack P Shepherd (David  Platt. CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making him 71 years old. Almost guaranteed.

Sue Cleaver (Eileen Phelan, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making her 96 years old. Unlikely.

Tony Audenshew (Bob Hope, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making him 96 years old. Unlikely.

Patrick Mower (Rodney Blackstock, ED)  would need to out-last Bill Roache by 39 years to 2059 - making him 121 years old. Incredibly unlike.

Gillian Taylforth (Kathy Beale, EE)  would need to out-last Bill Roache by 40 years to 2060 - making her 106 years old. Unlikely.

Natalie Cassidy (Sonia Fowler, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 40 years to 2060 - making her 78 years old. Probable.

Andrew Whyment (Kirk Sutherland, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 40 years to 2060 - making him 80 years old. Possible.

Rudolph Walker (Patrick Truman, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 40 years to 2060 - making him 122 years old. Not a fucking chance.

Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 41 years to 2061 - making her 83 years old. Possible.

Ashley Taylor Dawson (Darren Osbourne, HO) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 41 years to 2061 - making him 79 years old. Possible.

Samia Longchambon (Maria Connor, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 41 years to 2061 - making her 79 years old. Possible.

Nicola Wheeler (Nichola King, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 41 years to 2061 - making her 87 years old. Possible.

Hugh Quarshie (Ric Griffin, HC) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 41 years to 2061 - making him 107 years old. Not a chance.

Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle, EE) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making him 92 years old. Possible.

Jennie McAlpine (Fiz Stape, CS)  would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making her 78 years old. Possible.

Charlie Webb (Debbie Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making her 74 years old. Probable.

Lucy Pargeter (Chas Dingle, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making her 85 years old. Probable.

Ellis Hollins (Tom Cunningham, HO) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making him 63 years old. Probable.

Meg Johnson (Pearl Ladderbanks, ED) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making her 126 years old. Incredibly unlikely.

Sam Aston (Chesney Brown, CS) would need to out-last Bill Roache by 42 years to 2062 - making him 69 years old. Probable.

Obviously it goes without saying for every year after the 60th Bill stays that age column will need pushed up a year.

Interesting analysis.Doubt Bill will ever retire unless he is too ill to continue.Michael Le Vell making 79 doesn't seem that probable though.

Surely Lesley Seaward of the Archers is the longest serving soap star though?Continuously played Christine Barford since 1953.Patricia Greene has played Jill Archer since 1957 and June Spencer has had about 60 years of the last 67 in the Archers.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

Interesting analysis.Doubt Bill will ever retire unless he is too ill to continue.Michael Le Vell making 79 doesn't seem that probable though.

I'm mean I can see Bill working til he drops dead, but I've just got a feeling his family were built up after Anne Kirkbride died not only because it aided him because they'll need people to be affected when he goes, which could be sooner rather than later if it's the 60th. The "central family" role was switching away to the Platt's rather than the Barlow's which they seemed to want to rectify. He's supposedly teetotal these days and he's 53 already. So I think he'll do it. 

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Surely Lesley Seaward of the Archers is the longest serving soap star though?Continuously played Christine Barford since 1953.Patricia Greene has played Jill Archer since 1957 and June Spencer has had about 60 years of the last 67 in the Archers.

That's not a soap, it's a sleeping aid for old ladies. (tbf it was implied i meant TV soap actors in the UK, otherwise there'd be hundreds to write out).

31 minutes ago, Deathray said:

That's not a soap, it's a sleeping aid for old ladies. (tbf it was implied i meant TV soap actors in the UK, otherwise there'd be hundreds to write out).

I'll have you know that there is currently an Archers storyline featuring young Freddie Pargetter dealing mushrooms and ecstasy in order to get his burgeoning DJ career off the ground.  Not exactly the soporific fare sought by insomniac pensioners.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I'll have you know that there is currently an Archers storyline featuring young Freddie Pargetter dealing mushrooms and ecstasy in order to get his burgeoning DJ career off the ground.  Not exactly the soporific fare sought by insomniac pensioners.

:pmsl: Ah, it seems even the radio soaps have been cursed by the blight of sensationalism that has riddled the TV soaps for years, I'm sure the last time I was unfortunate enough to hear the archers it was someone mundane village affair like a veg show/village play being intertwined with an ongoing domestic abuse storyline, still can't decide whether farcical or comical. 

23 hours ago, msc said:

Hang on, Ian Beale is only 49? I'd have assumed he was a decade older given longevity.

He was 16 when he started in EE!

10 minutes ago, Deathray said:

He was 16 when he started in EE!

...........he was shit then and he is STILL shit now.

Adam Woodyatt - still in EE 33 years later.

Susan Tully now Sue Tully - successful TV director.

David Scarboro - found dead at bottom of Beachy Head 1988.

The future - it's hard to predict!

• Like 1

Michael Cashmen met 92 year old former colleague and fellow leftie, Leonard Fenton, outside Denville Hall and took a selfie.

• Like 1

Worth noting that Cashmen was there for the 90th birthday of Tom Erhardt, the theatrical agent who replaced Peggy Ramsay as head of Cassarotto Ramsay. Add him to your long lists....

• Like 1