M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

A new name to add to the list: 107-year-old Hollyoaks actor Jack Reynolds!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, msc said:

It's always sad to see a talent - which she was - overcome by personal demons imo. RIP

In retrospect, this was an unexpectedly accurate post by me 6 months ago:

Did sound like she could’ve been a mentor to Daniella Westbrook. I only saw her properly when they started rerunning vintage Eastenders on Drama, still infinitely more watchable than it is now! She was a bit of alright as they used to say 

Whilst introducing a new family into Coronation Street May not be that interesting, the little snippet that Eileen Derbyshire is mentioned is. 

https://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2019/04/new-corrie-cast-meet-bailey-family.html?m=1 

Sadly it’s clear now that they decided to use Number 3 for this new family clearly shows that I think we’ve seen the end of Emily Bishop- they’ve kept number 3 almost vacant for few years just in case Miss Derbyshire decided to come back. 

End of an era. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Whilst introducing a new family into Coronation Street May not be that interesting, the little snippet that Eileen Derbyshire is mentioned is. 

https://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2019/04/new-corrie-cast-meet-bailey-family.html?m=1 

Sadly it’s clear now that they decided to use Number 3 for this new family clearly shows that I think we’ve seen the end of Emily Bishop- they’ve kept number 3 almost vacant for few years just in case Miss Derbyshire decided to come back. 

End of an era. 

Sorry what?

The state Corrie has been in the past few years. Introducing an entire new family is very interesting. 

On 23/11/2018 at 14:27, drol said:

So no hope for Jeanne Mockford's obit?

Mockford's will confirms she is dead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 04:19, philheybrookbay said:

End of an era. 

I just can';t believe its taken till 2019 for Corrie to have the first black family .EastEnders did it in 1985 with the Carpenters ! 

Leonard Fenton is 93 today!

• Like 2

He according to Wikipedia lives in Denville Hall these days.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Going on the EastEnders theme, unless an unreported death Arnold Yarrow still alive at 99, played Benny Bloom in EastEnders in the late 80s, currently been shown on Drama with Benny been Ethel’s boyfriend.

https://eastenders.fandom.com/wiki/Arnold_Yarrow

Still going but understandably frail given age, according to folk when his birthday happened a few weeks back.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, msc said:

Still going but understandably frail given age, according to folk when his birthday happened a few weeks back.

Good to hear he is still going, hope he makes it to his 100th Birthday next April

• Like 1

Just now, Fergie86 said:

Good to hear he is still going, hope he makes it to his 100th Birthday next April

My Hare's Pool begs to differ.....:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

Pua Magasiva of the New Zealand soap Shortland Street (and Power Rangers) has been found dead at age 38. No cause yet. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7017351/Pua-Magasiva-starred-Power-Rangers-movies-New-Zealand-soap-Shortland-Street-dies-aged-38.html

:clivedunn:

See post, 6 above yours. 

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

:clivedunn:

See post, 6 above yours. 

My bad, I typed his name in the search bar and nothing came up. Probably misspelled it without knowing. 

1 hour ago, mollyafox said:

My bad, I typed his name in the search bar and nothing came up. Probably misspelled it without knowing. 

Don't lose sleep over it, I've done it myself a few times. 

18 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Pua Magasiva, a former star of the New Zealand soap opera Shortland Street, has died.  He was 38.  Magasiva also played the red ranger in Power Rangers Ninja Storm.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/112648625/pua-magasiva-found-dead

Also played the red power ranger’ I’m fucking annoyed it’s posted in this thread.

Like putting Jimmy Carter in the peanut farmer thread ‘was also President of the United States’ 

HE WAS A FUCKING POWER RANGER no one watches goddamn New Zealand soap operas.  NOT his claim to fame.

SC

16 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oooh, I think I picked her somewhere.

Was she still on the shelf?

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oooh, I think I picked her somewhere.

Will she will get a QO?

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Will she will get a QO?

The Stage should do for the Hare's DP, but fingers crossed for the soap pool.

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

The Stage should do for the Hare's DP, but fingers crossed for the soap pool.

The Stage the only one reporting it so far but she could pop up somewhere.