M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

57 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

And here is Paula Tilbrook's Obituary: https://www.thestage.co.uk/obituaries-archive/obituaries/paula-tilbrook

She never made 90, she died waaaay back on 1 December 2019.

You'd have think it would have been announced before her birthday- wouldn't none of the people who knew noticed it being celebrated online and thought it time to announce it.

RIP.

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

And here is Paula Tilbrook's Obituary: https://www.thestage.co.uk/obituaries-archive/obituaries/paula-tilbrook

She never made 90, she died waaaay back on 1 December 2019.

Oh, that's sad news. Never met her myself but know a few people who did/worked with her on Emmerdale (one of whom used to do a dance class with her) and she was apparently lovely.

Freddie Jones who played Sandy (July 2019), Sheila Mercier who played Annie Sugden (December 2019) and now we learn of the death of Paula Tilbrook who played Betty Eagleton (December 2019). Emmerdale certainly being impacted by ‘the things happening in 3s rule’

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Freddie Jones who played Sandy (July 2019), Sheila Mercier who played Annie Sugden (December 2019) and now we learn of the death of Paula Tilbrook who played Betty Eagleton (December 2019). Emmerdale certainly being impacted by ‘the things happening in 3s rule’

Don't forget Leah Bracknell

• Like 1

Interesting question for the committee.Had they picked Tilbrook for DL 2020 would they remove her name and replace the ranking or go down to 49 names?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve said:

Well let’s hope they happen in 4s and they take the absolute pile of shit off air.   A soap opera about fucking sheep, I ask you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Well let’s hope they happen in 4s and they take the absolute pile of shit off air.   A soap opera about fucking sheep, I ask you. 

They don't do that in every episode though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I totally agree with you 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve said:

Watched a "classic" on ITV3 the other day and was counting how many of the episode cast were dead, Sheila Mercier, Leah Bracknell, Stan Richards, Richard Thorp, Clive Hornby and now it turns out Paula Tilbrook as well. Anyone know how Norman Bowler is doing at age 87? 

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

It's fucking brilliant, actually.

Fucking snob. :)

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

It's fucking brilliant, actually.

Fucking snob. :)

It’s fucking shit.  Nobody gives a pissflap about Amos fucking Brierley’s real ale or Joe Sugden’s foot and mouth.  They should have Lockerbie’d the whole fucking place when they had the chance. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

It’s fucking shit.  Nobody gives a pissflap about Amos fucking Brierley’s real ale or Joe Sugden’s foot and mouth.  They should have Lockerbie’d the whole fucking place when they had the chance. 

Fucking hell, when was the last time you watched it? 1979?:lol:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I think Emmerdale has changed since you watched it, Lard

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fucking hell, when was the last time you watched it? 1979?:lol:

Cheeky cunt, I weren’t even born in 1979.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Cheeky cunt, I weren’t even born in 1979.

No, it was much earlier!!

• Haha 1

Marcus Smythe, who had roles on the soap operas Guiding Light, Search For Tomorrow, Another World and Port Charles, has died. He was 70. Smythe also had a number of episodic TV credits, including Chicago Hope, Mad About You and Beverly Hills 90210.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8686531/Soap-opera-actor-Marcus-Smythe-dies-age-70-brain-cancer.html

• Like 1

On 15/07/2020 at 19:32, One shot Paddy said:

Watched a "classic" on ITV3 the other day and was counting how many of the episode cast were dead, Sheila Mercier, Leah Bracknell, Stan Richards, Richard Thorp, Clive Hornby and now it turns out Paula Tilbrook as well. Anyone know how Norman Bowler is doing at age 87? 

Do you do what I do and watch old films or episodes of tv shows and look on IMDB to see how many of them are dead while watching it? It's kind of a hobby of mine ! 

Anna Norbury who played Alice Farnham in Brookside has died aged 26.

RIP.

25 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Anna Norbury who played Alice Farnham in Brookside has died aged 26.

RIP.

Says she was in it from 1995–1997, so aged 0/1–2/3? More of a prop than a character then.

Doesn't have any other credits for her on IMDb. One has to wonder why the press have taken such an interest.. literally every paper have covered her this morn.

17 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Says she was in it from 1995–1997, so aged 0/1–2/3? More of a prop than a character then.

Doesn't have any other credits for her on IMDb. One has to wonder why the press have taken such an interest.. literally every paper have covered her this morn.

Slow news day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

This is a picture of her in Brookside.  Don't have an exact age.  EDIT - She's the kid by the way

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

af.jpg

I remember now.  The mum was Susannah, who was to die after a "fall" down the stairs.

Not long afterwards the actress was spotted on a cross-channel ferry I was on.  The news spread quickly and I distinctly heard someone say,

"But she's dead!"

:lol:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Wee Jum said:

This is a picture of her in Brookside.  Don't have an exact age.  EDIT - She's the kid by the way

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

af.jpg

To be fair, doesn’t look that different from her at 26.

The Brookie set is still standing I think? As is the set built for Eldorado...