M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

The Brookside "set" was a group of real houses that now have actual people living in them.

Incidentally, the guy who played Jimmy Corkhill was in real life a very wealthy man thanks to his investments in property. He was also gay and, so I was once told, in a relationship with the Granada weatherman Fred Talbot.

• Shocked 2

This seems to have been missed in these 'ere parts at the time but came across it somewhere else: may be nothing to it, but...

Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale) is taking an extended (10-week) break from Eastenders and revealed (by his appearance) in one of their 'behind-the-scenes' shows during lockdown that he'd lost a fair amount of weight over the past few months. Coincidence or is it down to something other than getting fit during the shutdown?

Before and after photos in the article: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12414215/eastenders-ian-beale-written-out-adam-woodyatt-break/

30 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

This seems to have been missed in these 'ere parts at the time but came across it somewhere else: may be nothing to it, but...

Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale) is taking an extended (10-week) break from Eastenders and revealed (by his appearance) in one of their 'behind-the-scenes' shows during lockdown that he'd lost a fair amount of weight over the past few months. Coincidence or is it down to something other than getting fit during the shutdown?

Before and after photos in the article: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12414215/eastenders-ian-beale-written-out-adam-woodyatt-break/

He is going through a bad divorce.  His weight has gone up and down over the last years - back in 2017 a diet storyline was written in but was soon forgotten.

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Very sad news. She was very entertaining as Officer Barry in Prisoner. The lockdown meant I started watching the entire series from episode 1 .I'm up to ep 141..Just 551 to go ! 

Incidentally I recently found out that the actress Dorothy Cutts who played the part of officer Pat Slattery in Prisoner also died late last year.I don't think it was mentioned at the time. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0193985/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Joyce Barry was the *worst* Wentworth governer. She was hopeless and ineffectual as a screw, so how she climbed the greasy pole God only knows. Maybe Merv Pringle had more clout than he let on...

Anyway, sad news. But 88! Wow!

Oh, and regarding Adam Woodyatt - I have a mole on the EE set so I'll do some digging. At least the Ninja blender won't keep moving around the set / going walkabouts for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ra Ra Rasputin said:

Betty Bobbitt, who played Judy Bryant in 'Prisoner: Cell Block H' has died following a stroke.  https://www.starobserver.com.au/artsentertainment/prisoners-betty-bobbitt-dies/198704

"Rack off, Jude"

Oh, she has done...

Sad news. The stars of Prisoner are beginning to pop off quite regularly now. Still, Mum Brooks and Erica Davidson seem to be immortal.

2 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

"Rack off, Jude"

Oh, she has done...

Sad news. The stars of Prisoner are beginning to pop off quite regularly now. Still, Mum Brooks and Erica Davison seem to be immortal.

I posted about it several hours ago on the Aussie thread.  I was quite shocked and stunned by the news.I'm not ashamed to say I even shed a few tears.I never met her but she seemed to be a lovely person. She will be sadly missed by many people around the world. :(

29 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I posted about it several hours ago on the Aussie thread.  I was quite shocked and stunned by the news.I'm not ashamed to say I even shed a few tears.I never met her but she seemed to be a lovely person. She will be sadly missed by many people around the world. :(

png-clipart-internet-meme-crying-rage-comic-youtube-meme-love-face.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

png-clipart-internet-meme-crying-rage-comic-youtube-meme-love-face.png

Thank you for your tribute. :mellow:

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Thank you for your tribute. :mellow:

PLEASE set that as your avatar.

• Like 3

On 31/10/2020 at 01:29, The Old Crem said:

He is going through a bad divorce.  His weight has gone up and down over the last years - back in 2017 a diet storyline was written in but was soon forgotten.

He’s treading the boards

https://www.londontheatre1.com/uk-shows/adam-woodyatt-to-star-in-peter-james-looking-good-dead/

30 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

Lets hope the fucker doesn't fall through them, what with his weight and all that.

• Haha 1

American actress Abby Dalton, who had a recurring role as Julia Cumson in the television series Falcon Crest, died at 88 years:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/abby-dalton-dead-actress-falcon-crest-joey-bishop-show-was-88-1305960

In addition, she was nominated for an Emmy Award for her role as a nurse on CBS's Hennesey.

• Like 6

On 30/11/2020 at 11:08, Ra Ra Rasputin said:

Betty Bobbitt, who played Judy Bryant in 'Prisoner: Cell Block H' has died following a stroke.  https://www.starobserver.com.au/artsentertainment/prisoners-betty-bobbitt-dies/198704

Since monday I have been binge watching Prisoner Cell Block H as a tribute to Betty Bobbitt. . I work from home so I'm able to do that.I'm currently on episode 153. Can't wait for the tunnel escape episodes ! 

33 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Since monday I have been binge watching Prisoner Cell Block H as a tribute to Betty Bobbitt. . I work from home so I'm able to do that.I'm currently on episode 153. Can't wait for the tunnel escape episodes ! 

Episodes 600-601 were my favourite two episodes which featured the massive Lou Kelly riot 

And of course episode 692 (final episode) sticks out majorly for the downfall of “the freak” Joan Ferguson 

^^^^^

Pair of cunts.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

I thought this was a family friendly website

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

I thought this was a family friendly website

Living in Louisiana may put a whole new twist to 'family friendly' but on here there is none of that family friendly bollocks.:D

• Like 1