M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

No Chance - its the hot pots.Look at Ken 40 years embalmed on them.Theres a thought Johhny Briggs??

• Like 1

No Chance - its the hot pots.Look at Ken 40 years embalmed on them.Theres a thought Johhny Briggs??

I'm concerned Mother T. Who gave you your name and avatar?

Does Howard Stern call you regularly.

Guest Himler

:( Perhaps some kind administrator can delete this sick person's account, this is going too far. :ph34r:

:( Perhaps some kind administrator can delete this sick person's account, this is going too far. :ph34r:

What the hell is your problem. Why don't you join the DL.

Guest Himler

:ph34r: Perhaps some kind administrator can delete this sick person's account, this is going too far. :referee:

The reason you don't know, is the reason I dont. :(

:ph34r: Perhaps some kind administrator can delete this sick person's account, this is going too far. :referee:

The reason you don't know, is the reason I dont. :(

Join right now.

Guest Himler

I am out of here, this place has got too sick even for my tastes. :(

Join the f****n forum. Why are you not joining? What is your problem?

Join the f****n forum. Why are you not joining? What is your problem?

This reminds me of the Groucho Marx quote...

"I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

Banshees... if you get any more insistent, I fear you might revive the old act of press ganging.

Is she well? Because she is getting on a bit now, at almost 86

She's another of Oct of Od's immortals. 86 going on 60. She'll last for a bit yet.

Is she well? Because she is getting on a bit now, at almost 86

You can see her almost every night on corrie, judge for yourself :(

Banshees... if you get any more insistent, I fear you might revive the old act of press ganging.

The press can say and gang as much as they want.

I speak my mind.

I speak my mind.

..... a man of few words then BS?

• Like 1

I speak my mind.

It may depend, quality and quanity can both be appropriate depending

on the matter.

Getting back on-topic. What's a pub doing employing an 86 year old? That job could go to a young unemployed person.

I speak my mind.

:D

BS, you may be interested to learn the term press-gang has little to do with journalism en masse...

press-gang (prsgng)

tr.v. press-·ganged, press-·gang·ing, press-·gangs

• To force into military or naval service.
  • To force or coerce: “press-ganging a consumer into buying something he doesn't want”

The only form of death that a star of Coronation Street or any soap opera can get is following a bout of Dutch Elm's disease.

Their acting is as wooden as anything

Getting back on-topic.  What's a pub doing employing an 86 year old? That job could go to a young unemployed person.

I have noticed that Betty's hotpot dosen't seem to be served in the Rovers anymore, it seems to have been phased out by sandwiches, maybe thats so when she actually does retire, no one will miss her, as there wont be anyone to make the hotpot, or will it be a case of a stranger wandering into the rovers and asking for a Betty's and getting a Fred's instead and then commenting on how things ain't what they used to be, will her hotpots live on after her, or will she just be forgotten? :D

You'd be amazed.

There's a pub near where I am at the moment (let's just say east Kent) that has had the same landlord since 1948. He's in his late 80s now.

His bed is around the corner of the bar, he doesn't believe in pumps so the beer comes from a tap in the barrell, the till is his pocket and the prices always change.

If you drink there late he leaves the keys and asks you to lock up and pop them through the door when you leave.

It's kitted out in genuine 1960s furniture, with 1970s glasses.

Oh, nobody ever goes there because the only sign that there is a pub is a handpainted bit of cardboard saying "ReAl aLE --- thIS wAy"

It's known as the pub you take somebody else's wife to...

Just seemed like it would be, that's all.

For an Egyptian you have travelled far and wide. :D

Hang on, you said this pub wasnt recognisible as a pub, the only way to tell was by the cardboard sign reading "ReAl aLE --- thIS wAy", i think the fact that it is called the Hog and Donkey would give some clue as to it being a pub, lovely pics btw, ooh look he has a pug 205 and what appears to be a caravan :)

Or is it a giant crash helmet? :D

Hang on, you said this pub wasnt recognisible as a pub, the only way to tell was by the cardboard sign reading "ReAl aLE --- thIS wAy", i think the fact that it is called the Hog and Donkey would give some clue as to it being a pub, lovely pics btw, ooh look he has a pug 205 and what appears to be a caravan :D

No, this pic was taken behind the hedge. It's down lane that can't be seen easily.

He has a lot of cars.

The pub is near to the former RAF/USAF Manston airfield, where the USA kept nuclear bombers during the 1950s.

The owner used to buy cheap cars, flog them to the US officers, take them back when they went home and sell them to the next lot.

Suffice to say, he has still got a load of 50 year old cars in the garden, the radiator grills are behind the bar.

Apparently, so he says, he hasn't turned a profit since c1968 but he was a millionaire when he moved down from London to take the pub on.

• Like 1