M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

41 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Jesus, Bobby Gould is only 74. 

Seems to been around forever.  

Gil Rogers, who had runs on the soap operas the Doctors (three episodes in 1974, regularly 1976-77), All My Children (nine episodes spread over 22 years) and Guiding Light (sporadically 1986-89 and again 2004-09), has died. He was 87. 

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2021/03/05/all-my-children-and-guiding-light-actor-gil-rogers-dead-at-87

• Like 1

Was channel flicking earlier and saw Reece Dinsdale the former Corrie actor who was also in Home to Roost is now in Emmerdale.He looks swollen and fat in the face  like you get with steroids and has dark bags under his eyes.Only 61 but might be one to keep an eye on.

Watched the tribute to Johnny Briggs on ITV earlier, hoping for some form spotting on the older cast members.

No sign of Julie Goodyear, Barbara Knox or Bill Roache who i thought might have made an appearance (not sure we can read much into that, what with there being a pandemic on), but I thought Goodyear would've had something to say if she was up to it.

Amanda Barrie featured on it, looking and sounding pretty good, even though she did raise a glass to Briggs and said "see you soon, probably, in the Rovers bar in the sky".

Also, any recent news on John Savident (Fred Elliott)? He must be over 80, I say he must be over 80, and wasn't exactly the picture of health 20 years ago!

• Like 2

Angela Webb (Iris Scott in Crossroads) has informed the Crossroads facebook page this afternoon David Moran (Kevin Banks) has passed away.  Had such a crush on him back in the day.

angelaweebb.jpg

• Like 1

All My Children star Ray McDonnell, who played Dr. Joe Martin for 40 years, has died aged 93.

• Like 3

Stuart Damon, Alan Quartermaine on General Hospital for 30 years, as well as The Champions, Space:1999, The New Avengers etc. reported dead at 84.

I could have sworn I started a thread about the champions.  Now only William Gaunt left. :scratchhead:

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Darwin award candidate.  

In her defence - I had never heard of her 2 minutes ago - apparently she suffers from anaphylactic allergic shocks, and folk with those are advised NOT to get the vaccine by the NHS. 

3 minutes ago, msc said:

In her defence - I had never heard of her 2 minutes ago - apparently she suffers from anaphylactic allergic shocks, and folk with those are advised NOT to get the vaccine by the NHS. 

I thought that it was only astra zeneca that advice applied to?

She was on celebrity  big brother quite notoriously in January 2016 but started life on a BBC one show around 2007 I think were she was competing for a role in a big stage musical? The name of the show escapees me but a Scottish lad Keith came close runner up in  the male version  one year?

Keith Jack maybe I think he was called. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

She was on celebrity  big brother quite notoriously in January 2016 but started life on a BBC one show around 2007 I think were she was competing for a role in a big stage musical? The name of the show escapees me but a Scottish lad Keith came close runner up in  the male version  one year?

She was in Over The Rainbow, one of those reality shows on BBC with Andrew Lloyd Webber looking to find his Dorothy for the Wizard of Oz musical. Utter tripe.

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Nope, I had to confirm I didn't suffer from them to get Pfizer! (But Scotland maybe different to down south of course.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GEMINEYE said:

She was in Over The Rainbow, one of those reality shows on BBC with Andrew Lloyd Webber looking to find his Dorothy for the Wizard of Oz musical. Utter tripe.

Thats the one thank you! I preferred the male one were they were looking for a Joseph for Joseph and the technicolor dreamcoat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Nope, I had to confirm I didn't suffer from them to get Pfizer! (But Scotland maybe different to down south of course.)

Oh yes now I come to think of it they asked me about allergies too but my vaccination centre  was using both astra zeneca and pfizer and said I could have either but gave me pfizer. On an american website I looked at it says there are alternative  vaccines  for those with allergies.  Moderna and Jansen maybe?

Looking forward to having my second  jab later this month and hence more peace of mind.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:

No, you're right, it was Pfizer.  It was the only vaccine being given for a while in the UK, before AZ was approved.  

I think it was a couple of health workers who had a reaction to it, but they were OK as they carried those episomething pens and it was dealt with quickly with no serious outcome. 

That's why they make people wait 15 minutes after having the Pfizer jab.  I think you're only asked to wait after the AZ jab if you're driving.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

No, you're right, it was Pfizer.  It was the only vaccine being given for a while in the UK, before AZ was approved.  

I think it was a couple of health workers who had a reaction to it, but they were OK as they carried those episomething pens and it was dealt with quickly with no serious outcome. 

That's why they make people wait 15 minutes after having the Pfizer jab.  I think you're only asked to wait after the AZ jab if you're driving.

I stand corrected I mixed up the two and thought astra zeneca was the first one in use.

• Like 1

I don't know if it was reported, but back a few months ago it was placed on the various FB groups that Jane Rossington (Jill) in Crossroads was in a nursing home. 

The said message was removed PDQ, but the thought is there. 

Ironically it turns out Crossroads has been an unexpected surprise hit on Britbox - getting enormous viewings. It was that news that I remembered about Jane. 

• Angry 1

17 hours ago, Philheybrookbay1 said:

I don't know if it was reported, but back a few months ago it was placed on the various FB groups that Jane Rossington (Jill) in Crossroads was in a nursing home. 

The said message was removed PDQ, but the thought is there. 

Ironically it turns out Crossroads has been an unexpected surprise hit on Britbox - getting enormous viewings. It was that news that I remembered about Jane. 

-1 for tautology.

• Haha 1