M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

At the Soap Awards just now Andy Devine’s former cast mates paid tribute to him and revealed they only found out a couple of weeks ago again. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

At the Soap Awards just now Andy Devine’s former cast mates paid tribute to him and revealed they only found out a couple of weeks ago again. 

Glad to hear they paid tribute at least. Apparently he was omitted from the In Memoriam montage.

33 minutes ago, Grimgrass said:

Glad to hear they paid tribute at least. Apparently he was omitted from the In Memoriam montage.

That is awful.Shadrach was a great character and growing up anyone scruffy was called Shadrach jokingly.Even sadder that he has gone unrecognised when he was killed off against Andy Devines will which I remember greatly upset him.

The Dingles are now without an identity since he left.They have been tamed down and show none of the roughness that Shadrach represented perfectly.They even mellowed down Zack not that I think he is in it much.That gets me thinking Steve Halliwell might be worth a punt soon.76 heart problems and had a rough life before fame.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sean said:

The Dingles are now without an identity since he left.They have been tamed down and show none of the roughness that Shadrach represented perfectly.They even mellowed down Zack not that I think he is in it much.That gets me thinking Steve Halliwell might be worth a punt soon.76 heart problems and had a rough life before fame.

Halliwell is definitely a good shout. He has been looking and sounding quite frail after the heart surgery he had couple of years back and he doesn't really appear that much in the soap anymore.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sean said:

Steve Halliwell might be worth a punt soon.76 heart problems and had a rough life before fame.

That’s a lot of heart problems.

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, Grimgrass said:

he doesn't really appear that much in the soap anymore.

He also doesn't really appear that much in real lift anymore. I live in West Yorkshire and always used to see him on my local town street about 2 or 3 times a month. I don't think I've seen him at all since lockdown restrictions were lifted. I don't know him personally, this is just an observation.

• Like 2

Australian  actor Rob Steele who starred in Prisoner  Cell Block H in the 1980s  as the husband of Prison Officer Coleen  Powell  is reported by  an online Prisoner  Cell Block H appreciation society fandom and IMBd  as having died last month aged  81.   image.png.f69f94d5c4c847af8cb959e3ac7e0829.png

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0824651/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sean said:

That is awful.Shadrach was a great character and growing up anyone scruffy was called Shadrach jokingly.Even sadder that he has gone unrecognised when he was killed off against Andy Devines will which I remember greatly upset him.

Jane Cox (Lisa Dingle) is one to keep an eye on also. She is 70 and has been obese for decades. Quit the show about 2 or 3 years ago but has done voiceovers as Lisa talking to her schizophrenic daughter. She has always striked me as someone not likely to make old bones.

12 hours ago, Sean said:

Jane Cox (Lisa Dingle) is one to keep an eye on also. She is 70 and has been obese for decades. Quit the show about 2 or 3 years ago but has done voiceovers as Lisa talking to her schizophrenic daughter. She has always striked me as someone not likely to make old bones.

I saw posts elsewhere from people in the know who said she left due suffering badly from Arthritis.

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Ernst Walder, original member of the Corrie cast as Ivan Cheveski died last year aged 94.  https://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2022/06/ernst-walder-one-of-coronation-streets.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

•  

Unlucky break for two DDP teams!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Unlucky break for two DDP teams!

And they would have scored had he died this year as he has obited.

Mirror

Mona Hammond , Blossom in Eastenders, has died aged 91. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Shocked 1

14 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Mona Hammond , Blossom in Eastenders, has died aged 91. 

In my DDP theme team, and a couple of other DDP teams too.

• Like 3

Third hit for my Slippery Soap theme team.Picked her due to age, her being a resident at Brinsworth house and a picture of her at Brinsworth House looking very frail.

The picture in question from December 2018.

7577296-6508231-One_current_resident_is_actress_Mona_Hammond_who_is_seen_here_wi-a-2_1545222493121.jpg

Oh my God, she looks like a living corpse... Mona Hammond not looking well either.

• Haha 10

Nice of them to let her out from Brimsworth on to the balcony for the platinum jubilee

• Haha 4

According to this tweet, Tom Oliver (Lou Carpenter in Neighbours) is quite unwell and might not be able to reprise his role in the Neighbours finale. This was apparently mentioned by Oliver's co-star Ian Smith (Harold Bishop) in a Radio 2 special, but I haven't listened it myself.

• Like 2

On 12/06/2022 at 12:32, Stuart Beck said:

He also doesn't really appear that much in real lift anymore. I live in West Yorkshire and always used to see him on my local town street about 2 or 3 times a month. I don't think I've seen him at all since lockdown restrictions were lifted. I don't know him personally, this is just an observation.

Has he still got his VW campervan?

Emmerdale actor (2 episodes according to IMDB) Sam Gannon died suddenly while visiting family in US.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, time said:

Emmerdale actor (2 episodes according to IMDB) Sam Gannon died suddenly while visiting family in US.

This is scraping the barrel a bit 

2 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

This is scraping the barrel a bit 

You mean using the The S*n as a source? I agree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, time said:

You mean using the The S*n as a source? I agree.

Or the fact the guys a nobody

• Like 1