M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

Just now, Leon Brittan said:

Or the fact the guys a nobody

:reading-glasses: He would have counted as a miss in my pool! *If he died a few days later*

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

And yet more QOs than Ronnie Hellstrom.

Yeah, I'll scratch that itch again. :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leon Brittan said:

The whole site is littered with nobodies, but I expect there's at least one Emmerdale fan out there who might have missed the news.

• Like 2

Roseanna Christiansen, who played the maid Teresa in Dallas, has died aged 71. She also appeared The Jeffersons and various other US TV shows.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Leon Brittan said:

Yep. Oh, here’s a BBC Obit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TQR said:

Young.  Unexpected death.  Crowdfunding appeal.  BBC continues to morph into a tabloid newspaper.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Well I am amazed. Guess they give obits out to any Jim Jack Joe these days 

• Like 1

On 11/07/2022 at 16:03, Grimgrass said:

According to this tweet, Tom Oliver (Lou Carpenter in Neighbours) is quite unwell and might not be able to reprise his role in the Neighbours finale. This was apparently mentioned by Oliver's co-star Ian Smith (Harold Bishop) in a Radio 2 special, but I haven't listened it myself.

One to watch. Jason Herbison said he phoned Tom Oliver to offer him the a return but he declined due to being at a different stage in his life. 

• Like 2

Someone in the Crossroads fan page posted that they are off to visit David Lawton (Mr Booth in Crossroads) to celebrate his 99th birthday today.  He doesn't have a wiki entry and IMDB hasn't a DOB for him.

david lawton.jpg

• Like 6
  • Shocked 1

Good spot. Didn't know he was still going, unless I saw him on ulitzers list and forgot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkF said:

Someone in the Crossroads fan page posted that they are off to visit David Lawton (Mr Booth in Crossroads) to celebrate his 99th birthday today.  He doesn't have a wiki entry and IMDB hasn't a DOB for him.

david lawton.jpg

Great find 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Joe E. Tata, who appeared in General Hospital, Magnum P.I and Beverley Hills 90210has died aged 85.

I told Boudicca ‘watch whoever posted this one won’t even TRY, despite his surname.
 ‘Tata for now’ said the Reaper etc etc etc.

You people know how to suck the life outta this website.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I told Boudicca ‘watch whoever posted this one won’t even TRY, despite his surname.
 ‘Tata for now’ said the Reaper etc etc etc.

I’m sure Boudicca thought that was absolute genius and hasn’t yet stopped laughing and clapping.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TQR said:

I’m sure Boudicca thought that was absolute genius and hasn’t yet stopped laughing and clapping.

I was thinking Ta Ta, Tata myself but to be fair, whenever I've had a stressful work day, I just remember that once an obit was posted up here for a man called Dick Trickle, and immediately start giggling like a loon, so glasshouses, stones. :lol:

• Like 2

I actually remember his character and loved him from what I can remember.

RIP.

• Like 1

Bryan Murray who played abuser Trevor Jordache (who was subsequently buried under the patio) in Brookside diagnosed with alzheimers. Diagnosed 3 years ago so would guess it's slow progressing as he's still been working on Irish TV 

Could probably go in the sitcom/Mollie Sugden et all thread as well as he played Shifty Boswell in Bread. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Essential Tremor

Great name for a band.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cowboy Ronnie quote:

"Interestingly, Jennifer Aniston's father John Aniston, has played evil Victor Kiriakis for many years on US soap Days of Our Lives, so he'd be familiar with how to commit exciting, exotic deaths. According to wiki he was once an intelligence officer in the US Navy, so he'd know how to handle a weapon. Right age (born in 1933, making him 45 in 1978 when Markov got brolleyed). Plus Aniston was originally Greek, and they probably have something against the Bulgarians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Aniston"

John Aniston died last Friday. John Aniston dead: Jennifer Aniston pays tribute as father dies aged 89 | Metro News

Is he a Scavvy Hunt pick @Bibliogryphon?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Cowboy Ronnie quote:

"Interestingly, Jennifer Aniston's father John Aniston, has played evil Victor Kiriakis for many years on US soap Days of Our Lives, so he'd be familiar with how to commit exciting, exotic deaths. According to wiki he was once an intelligence officer in the US Navy, so he'd know how to handle a weapon. Right age (born in 1933, making him 45 in 1978 when Markov got brolleyed). Plus Aniston was originally Greek, and they probably have something against the Bulgarians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Aniston"

John Aniston died last Friday. John Aniston dead: Jennifer Aniston pays tribute as father dies aged 89 | Metro News

John Aniston is a DDP pick @gcreptile though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Cowboy Ronnie quote:

Interestingly, Jennifer Aniston's father John Aniston, has played evil Victor Kiriakis for many years on US soap Days of Our Lives, so he'd be familiar with how to commit exciting, exotic deaths. According to wiki he was once an intelligence officer in the US Navy, so he'd know how to handle a weapon. Right age (born in 1933, making him 45 in 1978 when Markov got brolleyed). Plus Aniston was originally Greek, and they probably have something against the Bulgarians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Aniston

John Aniston died last Friday.

Transfered to Scavvy Hunt thread

• Like 2