M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

Just now, Bibliogryphon said:

After teetering on the brink for so long we have a Winner

Congratulations to @RoverAndOut who gets three unique hits to get over the line with the demise of Star Trek pick John Aniston. This is a second victory for Rover so is clearly the Top Dog

I await your selections for game V and will set a time scale for entries when I open the thread

THANK GOD!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Quite the dragging out of former stars on Eastenders for Dot's funeral. Michael Cashman ffs...

Nice cameo from Adam Woodyatt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Quite the dragging out of former stars on Eastenders for Dot's funeral. Michael Cashman ffs...

Mary and Lofty too. I'm half expecting Dirty Den to come through the doors "awright princess!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Joan Sydney, English-Australian actress, has died aged 83. Appeared in Neighbours and other Australian soaps. 

Sad news, 

Played the grandmother of Kate Keltie character in Neighbours. 

SAG AFTRA Special Magazine 2023 announced the death of Teri Keane (Wiki), actress who appeared in numerous television series like The Edge of Night, One Night To Live and As The World Turns at 97 last December

Teri Keane - Wikipedia

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

DDP picks Louis Emerick and Dean Sullivan of Brookside fame are on Steph's Packed Lunch tomorrow.

A chance to see how they are doing.

23 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

DDP picks Louis Emerick and Dean Sullivan of Brookside fame are on Steph's Packed Lunch tomorrow.

A chance to see how they are doing.

Both looked fine - Emerick some weight gain but hasn't really changed in 20 years.

Sullivan seemed to have liver spots on his hands - might have circulatory problems maybe? 

Don't think either of them will trouble the obit writers for some time.

Kate Keltie has announced she is cancer free but will still need treatment

798AE08D-B54C-4DBA-A724-1C0BDEB5A45A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 5

On 29/03/2021 at 23:00, GEMINEYE said:

Watched the tribute to Johnny Briggs on ITV earlier, hoping for some form spotting on the older cast members.

No sign of Julie Goodyear, Barbara Knox or Bill Roache who i thought might have made an appearance (not sure we can read much into that, what with there being a pandemic on), but I thought Goodyear would've had something to say if she was up to it.

Amanda Barrie featured on it, looking and sounding pretty good, even though she did raise a glass to Briggs and said "see you soon, probably, in the Rovers bar in the sky".

Also, any recent news on John Savident (Fred Elliott)? He must be over 80, I say he must be over 80, and wasn't exactly the picture of health 20 years ago!

Amanda Barrie was in Tonight’s episode of Casualty (As she has been for a few episodes over the last few months) and she has looked fairly well for 87. 

• Like 1

Elizabeth Hubbard, probably best known for her roles as Dr Althea Davis on NBC's The Doctors and Lucinda Walsh in As The World Turns, apparently reported dead on the Book of Face: 

Film roles include The Bell Jar and Ordinary People. Awaiting the usual confirmations.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 22/02/2023 at 12:13, The Old Crem said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11967095/Neighbours-fans-bewildered-soap-star-Kate-Keltie-37-recovered-aggressive-cancer.html
Implication of the article is she might have faked it. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

She's turning down every interview request to tell her story, so I'm afraid it's starting to look like it was.

Electric chair is the only suitable punishment if true. Painful waste of a DDP main team spot.

• Like 6

On 22/02/2023 at 07:13, The Old Crem said:

Kate Keltie claims remain puzzling: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11967095/Neighbours-fans-bewildered-soap-star-Kate-Keltie-37-recovered-aggressive-cancer.html

I'm getting Ryan Buell vibes. (Claimed to have pancreatic cancer. Seem to remember allegations of a family member speaking years later suggesting Buell had been ill, but not with pancan.)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Kate Keltie claims remain puzzling: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11967095/Neighbours-fans-bewildered-soap-star-Kate-Keltie-37-recovered-aggressive-cancer.html

I'm getting Ryan Buell vibes. (Claimed to have pancreatic cancer. Seem to remember allegations of a family member speaking years later suggesting Buell had been ill, but not with pancan.)

Through wouldn’t it be easier to claim stage 3 if it was all fake -  would get the same amount of money donated really but also be believable if in a few months later the all clear was given. 

• Like 2

Maxine Klibingaitis (Wiki) who was Terry Inglis in Neighbours and Bobbie Mitchell in Prisoner Cell Block H being reported death aged 58. 

• Like 2