M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

"Life support has been switched off but she remains in critical conditions". From this sentence one would understand she is recovering and is now able to breathe on her own, which I doubt. What kind of monkeys are employed as journalists?

The Sun puts her in a gallery of 2018 celebrity deaths, but only acknowledges her life support has been switched off, whitout clarifying her current situation.

And to think they call folk on this forum vultures!

• Haha 3

Love the first draft of the "celebrities we've lost this year" galleries. Motorhead guitarist, trans BB contestant nobody remembers and someone who's still alive, what a trinity.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, msc said:

And to think they call folk on this forum vultures!

Yeah getting criticised by the Sun is like Jozef Fritzl calling you a bad parent.

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Love the first draft of the "celebrities we've lost this year" galleries. Motorhead guitarist, trans BB contestant nobody remembers and someone who's still alive, what a trinity.

Sorry, make that Motorhead guitarist and two people still alive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Russian fake news trolls invading my deadpooling???

6 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Russian fake news trolls invading my deadpooling???

If all else fails blame the Russians. Unfortunately I think a lack of knowledge among jobbing journos about the difference between having your life support switched off and being dead is to blame!

At this point, with the situation still unclear, do you think Falkholt is gonna die or not?

Hmm, I can't give a yes/no answer right now. But if she's still alive by the time I wake up tomorrow, then she'll survive.

Though I'm not sure she "should" survive, because who knows what her quality of life is going to be.

8 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

100% yes - you and me too!

Are you so certain? Can you give me logical proof we are mortal? Seeing one billion of mortal human beings does not necesarrily means we are mortal too, or Jessica Falkholt is mortal too.

Situation is unchanged and she clings to life despite the life support being switched. The thing I don't understand is if they switched it to let her die or they switched it because she can breathe on her own. 

13 minutes ago, drol said:

Are you so certain? Can you give me logical proof we are mortal? Seeing one billion of mortal human beings does not necesarrily means we are mortal too, or Jessica Falkholt is mortal too.

Good point - a black swan moment on mortality could be just round the corner.

I'm struggling to muster the enthusiasm for my 6th decade though so the idea of living forever does not have the appeal it had when I was younger.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Situation is unchanged and she clings to life despite the life support being switched. The thing I don't understand is if they switched it to let her die or they switched it because she can breathe on her own. 

BBC adfirms it was switched to put her out of her misery. It seems she is more attached to life than they thought.

5 minutes ago, drol said:

BBC adfirms it was switched to put her out of her misery. It seems she is more attached to life than they thought.

It doesn't say any such thing. 

• Like 2

CORRECTION:  BBC affirms it was switched to give Cancel My Appointments a joker hit in DDP.  

SC

1 hour ago, Toast said:

It doesn't say any such thing. 

The decision to end her life support came after a funeral service for her family on Wednesday.

"On behalf of the family of Jessica Falkholt, St George Hospital has been asked to advise the media and the community that Jessica's life support has been switched off," a hospital statement said.

Her family decided to switch life support. They are not doctors, so I think they did it to end her sufferings. That did not succeed as she is still clinging to life after one whole day. So I suppose her family did not expect this. The first part can be understood from the article, the second (her being still here) is factual evidence.

I'm assuming she's a goner because if there was a positive reason to switch off her life support (ie signs of improvement so she no longer needs it) surely there would be a mention of that fact? Instead they say she's still critical.

38 minutes ago, drol said:

The decision to end her life support came after a funeral service for her family on Wednesday.

"On behalf of the family of Jessica Falkholt, St George Hospital has been asked to advise the media and the community that Jessica's life support has been switched off," a hospital statement said.

Her family decided to switch life support. They are not doctors, so I think they did it to end her sufferings. That did not succeed as she is still clinging to life after one whole day. So I suppose her family did not expect this. The first part can be understood from the article, the second (her being still here) is factual evidence.

It doesn't even say that it was her family who made the decision!

I appreciate that English is not your first language, drol (and is far beyond my grasp of Italian!), but you are drawing conclusions and then presenting them as facts.

You are probably right, but your paraphrasing is not accurate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Toast's point is well taken.  Admittedly though some language such as 'breathing on her own', 'increased brainwave activity', etc would accompany the article if things were moving in anything but a downward direction.  Methinks.
SC

• Thanks 1

Anyway this clearly states the decision was made by her family.

Brain damage, kidney removed etc.

There is NO WAY on Earth life support removed this early unless end of days.

None.

She can take all the time she wants as long as she doesn't turn 30.

To say the truth I'm starting to think she will survive. Poor girl, that's not good news at all!