M Busby Airlines

Betty Driver Memorial Soapstar Superstar Thread

I am totally behind him.These allegations are clearly baseless slurs by people wanting to get money out of him probably just like they did with Michael Jackson.It must be awful to be accused of being a child molestar when you are just an ordinary family guy.I am praying for him and I think you all should too!

Does it bring back bad memories of your own experience?

What, that he made up allegations of being abused to get attention?

TAFKA Notaguest - do you know something we don't?

• Like 1

Kevin Webster may not be long behind her. Especially if the allegations are true.

If the allegations do turn out to be true, wonder how he will be written out. Would be interesting to see how they would handle it

Killed off unceremoniously I suspect.

After being MIA and unmentioned for months no doubt

Yes - soap characters who need to be written out quickly usually disappear to either Scotland or Spain. Then die.

Writing out Betty will be fairly easy, she's hardly done anything for the past 40 years except serve hotpot. Kevin, on the other hand, has been a prominent character embroiled in several major storylines for nearly 3 decades. For him to suddenly and abruptly disappear would be somewhat awkward and embarrassing for them to say the least

Assuming they need to write him out, it would be very easy. Telephone call to attend breakdown, crash, end of Kevin.

But how about we wait and find out if he's guilty of anything first?

Doesn't really matter. If you throw enough shit, some sticks.

He's probably getting a fair amount of it through his letterbox right now.

Incidentally, Rosie Webster is set to quit, if he is forcibly removed (assuming there is anything to the allegations of course) that'll be one of the show's key families decimated overnight

• Like 1

Seeing as we (surprisingly) don't seem to have a one-stop-shop thread for soap stars, Sue Lloyd, probably best known as Barbara Hunter from 'Crossroads', has died.

yes but that was posted in the context of him being a pop star.This was to recognise his role as an actor in Dr Who..Is it not possible to post the same persons death in 2 different places?

Fair point.

Former Coronation Street actor Brian Hibbard dies!

I'm not overly up on my American soaps but Persil should be awarding a trophy to the late John Ingle, who seems to have been in most, including General Hospital, Days of Our Lives, Melrose Place, Dallas, (the great) Knots Landing and Beverly Hills 90210. He was also the school principal in Heathers.

My prayers go out to her family and friends at t his sad time :(

Why would you pray to her family and friends? Shouldn't your prayers be addressed to your God if you have one, or theirs?

• Like 1

you know what michael le vell was on my deathlist last year because i dreamed i was watching something on tv about him killing himself over these charges then it

all went away .Now its back again knowing my luck he will off himself this year.

184328_488459237858343_78847297_n.jpg
  • Like 2

Liz Dawn does not expect to live another year. http://uk.tv.yahoo.c...-123306736.html Bit of a miss not having her on this years list esp after Bill Tarmeys death!

Fuck off! This is nearly a month old, and even if it were relevant would belong in the Liz Dawn thread. I am so sick of these bloody guests.

Guest Guest

The Liz Dawn thread was merged with this one

Could have gone in the "old British sitcom actors" thread, but fuck it, she's in Corrie these days. Well, was. God is waiting for Stephanie Cole. Come along, Tom.

And as her character is being suddenly written out in the middle of what should be a big storyline for her... well, might as well pencil her in now. She certainly "feels" like a DeathList pick, she's got that Clive Dunn "has seemingly been ancient for decades". She wasn't even 40 when Open All Hours started.

Stephanie Cole does seem a bit young in Death List terms but this is the second time she has pulled out of Corrie and it certainly looks permanent this time!She has always played older characters but certainly looks older than 71 so she is definately one to keep an eye on!I think as well as Stephanie Cole and Liz Dawn though that Thelma Barlow and Jean Alexander could be good picks for 2014!I conceed though that we need more medical evidence for Cole Barlow and Alexander.

Could have gone in the "old British sitcom actors" thread, but fuck it, she's in Corrie these days. Well, was. God is waiting for Stephanie Cole. Come along, Tom.

And as her character is being suddenly written out in the middle of what should be a big storyline for her... well, might as well pencil her in now. She certainly "feels" like a DeathList pick, she's got that Clive Dunn "has seemingly been ancient for decades". She wasn't even 40 when Open All Hours started.

Don't bother with this one - the reason she pulled out was not illness, it was family bereavement. Illness was cited to protect her privacy originally. Her brother died and judging by the fact that's she well enough to open events.. .I think she's okay.

Personally, maybe the Hayley storyline hit too close to home and she feels there's better things to do now. Especially if she lives in Somerset, that's a long way to travel repeatedly to and from Manchester.

http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/state-of-street-august-2013_30.html

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-09-09/is-soapland-in-crisis-and-where-are-all-the-pets

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Coronation-Street-Stephanie-Cole-star-cut-ribbon/story-19757035-detail/story.html#axzz2eoNgzFgl

Don't bother with this one - the reason she pulled out was not illness, it was family bereavement. Illness was cited to protect her privacy originally. Her brother died and judging by the fact that's she well enough to open events.. .I think she's okay.

Personally, maybe the Hayley storyline hit too close to home and she feels there's better things to do now. Especially if she lives in Somerset, that's a long way to travel repeatedly to and from Manchester.

http://coronationstr...st-2013_30.html

http://www.radiotime...re-all-the-pets

http://www.thisissom...l#axzz2eoNgzFgl

I'll hold off on starting the "Waiting for God castmembers" thread then.

Actress Mary Riggans has taken the high road. Our younger viewers may know her as Susie Sweet from Balamory.

• Like 1