Sign in to follow this  
Dr Hackenslash

Death List Had Made It.

How long until we get our personal biographies as deathlist members?

:pop:

I already have mine.

Weatherboy - how can you drive a car if you're 15? Do Mum and/or Dad have to chaperone?

"Your" Celebrity Dead Pool?

But overall, not a bad effort.

Props. Word.

How long until we get our personal biographies as deathlist members?

:pop:

I already have mine.

Weatherboy - how can you drive a car if you're 15? Do Mum and/or Dad have to chaperone?

But overall, not a bad effort.

Props. Word.

Cowboy Ronnie,

Weatherman90's juvenile driving record has been extensively debated on this thread,

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=33098

Oh god, the 2,000th post, will anything unpleasant occur...

No thank goodness, just a REALLY. ;)

Edited by Tempus Fugit

I'm going to sneak in here and congratulate you on your 2000th post Tempus Fugit.

Not only has Deathlist made it, but it appears that TF has as well! Congrats!

Oh god, the 2,000th post, will anything unpleasant occur...

No thank goodness, just a REALLY. :pop:

I'm afraid what they will brand you once you hit 2500..

Congratulations.

Thats strange..that link is supposed to go to Rotten Dead Pool. When I say MY deathpool , I mean that it is one that I participate in.

I will change just for you. :pop:

I quote from the wikipedia article "Death List enthusiasts include journalists, politicians, civil servants and stars from the world of showbusiness"

Do we actually have celebrity posters in our midst? :pop:

I'm going to sneak in here and congratulate you on your 2000th post Tempus Fugit.

Congratulations on your 2000th post, Tempus Fugit

Regards,

ff

Do we actually have celebrity posters in our midst? :pop:

Well, I don't like to boast.

I am, after all, a modest soul.

Do we actually have celebrity posters in our midst? ;)

Well, I don't like to boast.

I am, after all, a modest soul.

My guess is that you're also a liar! You're not famous at all .... unlike me.

My guess is that you're also a liar!

Also?

Is there a list of all my flaws?

My guess is that you're also a liar!

Also?

Is there a list of all my flaws?

Do you really want me to answer that?! ;)

Feel free Lady Lie! ;)

Looks like one or two of the admins paid Gretnagod (original instigator of the deletion movement) 'a visit' recently. Virtual or otherwise...

Keep Having considered everything I have changed my mind and realised that this site DOES deserve an entry. If for no other reason than its inclusion in The Sun, the highest circulating English-speaking newspaper on the planet. However, IP addresses of edits should be closely monitored for vandalism - ie if its true that users of that site are altering other Wiki entries to fake deaths - ie Clive Dunn - then it should be pulled. There is no way it can be merged because, as much as anyone did, the creators of Death List actually invented the idea. Gretnagod

:banghead:

Oh.. I'm confused. I thought GretnaGod was Dr. Hackenslash as he's from Gretna  :banghead:

Last time I checked, Gretna wasn't in the south east of England.

So no, not me.

I know full well where Gretna is. I have no idea where you live (should I have known you lived in S-E England or not??).

It's just I seem to recall you talking a lot about Gretna FC in one of the Dicky O threads & not realising who or what was going on with the page, thought when I initially viewed it, that GretnaGod was you as you were the one who profiled the page on here, so I thought "ah, Dr. H has done some editing as well."

Then someone said GretnaGod was anti-death list. Which confused me as you were the one who championed the page & would hardly champion a page you condemmed.

I'm still confused, not least as I can't find Gretna in the search pages any more, but apologies if I caused offence as that wasn't the intention.

Looks like one or two of the admins paid Gretnagod (original instigator of the deletion movement) 'a visit' recently. Virtual or otherwise...

Keep Having considered everything I have changed my mind and realised that this site DOES deserve an entry. If for no other reason than its inclusion in The Sun, the highest circulating English-speaking newspaper on the planet. However, IP addresses of edits should be closely monitored for vandalism - ie if its true that users of that site are altering other Wiki entries to fake deaths - ie Clive Dunn - then it should be pulled. There is no way it can be merged because, as much as anyone did, the creators of Death List actually invented the idea. Gretnagod

:lol:

Well, we still haven't won yet, but that's a great boon to our side.

If it does stay as its own article, I think we should all chip in and improve it... it looks a bit sad at the moment. :crossbone:

:lol:

Well, we still haven't won yet, but that's a great boon to our side.

If it does stay as its own article, I think we should all chip in and improve it... it looks a bit sad at the moment. :crossbone:

Add the Deathlist logo maybe. Is it copyrighted I wonder.

Add the Deathlist logo maybe. Is it copyrighted I wonder.

Someone told me that anything original that you post on a website (Wikipedia excepted for various reasons) is copyrighted immediately if you can positively have an exact proof of date for the uploading.

I'm not sure if I believe it, I'm skeptical of denoting "things I heard" as "fact," but it's something to mull around the ol' noggin I suppose.

Anyhow, if it is copyrighted, I'm sure GR will be kind enough to give us the requisite permissions to post it...

Unless GR is GretnaGod :crossbone:

just been looking at the al lewis stuf on wiki, and it still seems to have the same old problem for me. maybe i'm being pedantic, but the word 'encylcopaedia' carries a certain set of suggestions and expectations. you would expect and hope for a certain veracity and authority. now while wiki has a lot of debate, the fact that it can be messed with in ways decribed on this thread and elsewhere means that it can never claim that.

some time back TF posted that he believed that its strength was in the democracy it afforded. this was after i said it was the kind of thing that gave democracy a bad name - given that i was in a bad mood that day, i take his point. BUT only if wiki calls itself a forum for informed debate and information that is subject to scrutiny. some of you may be teachers and have students who turn up with 'somefink i got off the net' which purports to be fact. the word 'encyclopaedia' encourages this sort of behaviour. clearly labelled, it's an interesting site. but it ain't the truth and the whole truth, and if i get another teenager who tells me that... true, the idiot who takes it at face value is at fault, but that's a wider question of our culture that this problem is a part of. and a part i can moan about.

ok, so the idea of absolute truth is a biggie for debate, but there are verifiable truths. the very strength of the net is also its weakness if not clealy described.

i'll shut up about this now. and i still think it's too close to some twot who made a prog album in 1974 plugging himself as a lost genius.

just been looking at the al lewis stuf on wiki, and it still seems to have the same old problem for me. maybe i'm being pedantic, but the word 'encylcopaedia' carries a certain set of suggestions and expectations. you would expect and hope for a certain veracity and authority. now while wiki has a lot of debate, the fact that it can be messed with in ways decribed on this thread and elsewhere means that it can never claim that.

some time back TF posted that he believed that its strength was in the democracy it afforded. this was after i said it was the kind of thing that gave democracy a bad name - given that i was in a bad mood that day, i take his point. BUT only if wiki calls itself a forum for informed debate and information that is subject to scrutiny. some of you may be teachers and have students who turn up with 'somefink i got off the net' which purports to be fact. the word 'encyclopaedia' encourages this sort of behaviour. clearly labelled, it's an interesting site. but it ain't the truth and the whole truth, and if i get another teenager who tells me that... true, the idiot who takes it at face value is at fault, but that's a wider question of our culture that this problem is a part of. and a part i can moan about.

ok, so the idea of absolute truth is a biggie for debate, but there are verifiable truths. the very strength of the net is also its weakness if not clealy described.

i'll shut up about this now. and i still think it's too close to some twot who made a prog album in 1974 plugging himself as a lost genius.

I agree, Wiki is a sham and too many people are too stupid to do anything other than take it at face value.

It's heavily weighted to the Liberal-left, too.

Just wrote a somewhat haughty reply to one of the respondents in the deletion thread. Am not impressed.

Just wrote a somewhat haughty reply to one of the respondents in the deletion thread. Am not impressed.

I can't find how to navigate through to these wiki deletion comments. Am I missing something? (apart from the bleedin' obvious)

Any chance you could post a link here ie+?

Honez, this seems to be all that's left of the discussion page. Deathlist's page seems to have been replaced by a general deadpool page :angry: , despite heroic efforts by in eternum+, Canadian Paul et al.

Honez, this seems to be all that's left of the discussion page. Deathlist's page seems to have been replaced by a general deadpool page :( , despite heroic efforts by in eternum+, Canadian Paul et al.

Bloody hell, they reduced our entire article to a link on the "Dead pool" page.

It's not a F*****g Dead pool you wikitards.