wendylaDIE

If You Could Only Pick One Celebrity..............

Ok, I am out and out cheating (if you look at it that way) I need any tips I can get. Will anyone who cares to help name the one person you are pretty sure will not see the year out? Keep in mind this is the person you think will die, not who you want to die (I know it is tempting) I was thinking sadaam but his trial might not even be over this year with the way they are going, and frankly, I don't want to pick on gerald ford any more...I need 1 more hit!!!!!

Wendy

Ok, I am out and out cheating (if you look at it that way) I need any tips I can get. Will anyone who cares to help name the one person you are pretty sure will not see the year out? Keep in mind this is the person you think will die, not who you want to die (I know it is tempting) I was thinking sadaam but his trial might not even be over this year with the way they are going, and frankly, I don't want to pick on gerald ford any more...I need 1 more hit!!!!!

Wendy

I assume that was you wendylaDIE in the RDP with the Wasserstein hit, if so congrats.

I agree with the choice of Sharon, even the Israeli doctors will have to accept that he's brain dead. Surely they can't keep him in that state for too long, let the poor man die.

Norodom Sihanouk - because I made a big fuss about him last year (and he is my DDP joker).

Thanks all. Pinter is already on my list, forgot about the brain dead prime minister (wonder if that is ethical since he is technically already dead...who cares?). that's a good idea. Will investigate the other guy. a note about the wasserstein "victory"...I swear on my mothers grave to be that I didn't know she had died yet when I picked her...but since she died on the same day that I picked her...no points. but at least they let me pick someone else (they aren't technically supposed to do that)

Wendy

Norodom Sihanouk..yup he sounds like a good choice as well...prostate cancer, diabetes, and 2 strokes? guess he is waiting for the heart attack and HIV to say he's done it all...

Harold Pinter - he's my DDP joker.

DWB 

Mine too.

You may wait a while.

A well timed pause,

then....

I would have said Pinter, as he's my joker as well, but I guess if you already have him up, my second choice would be Estelle Getty. Check out the Golden Girls thread if you're interested on the justification.

News on her has been quiet... a little too quiet.

Howdy all. I'm new to this forum, only rego'd today but have been looking at the site for a while. I run the "Croak It" club at my workplace, each member nominating their pick to win $5 from all other members. Just a little bit of fun on the side at work. I won a heap with the Pope and we have had quite a few winners last year. My pick for this year (you won't know him unless you are Australian) is Bert Newton. However, on the global map, I'd pick Diego Maradonna. He's a self abuser! ;)

Signed POD (Princess of Darkness)

Howdy all. I'm new to this forum, only rego'd today but have been looking at the site for a while. I run the "Croak It" club at my workplace, each member nominating their pick to win $5 from all other members. Just a little bit of fun on the side at work. I won a heap with the Pope and we have had quite a few winners last year. My pick for this year (you won't know him unless you are Australian) is Bert Newton. However, on the global map, I'd pick Diego Maradonna. He's a self abuser! ;)

Signed POD (Princess of Darkness)

Welcome on board the good ship Deathlist, POD.

On the Maradonna front, have you seen him recently? He'll outlive me at the rate he's going. He looks superb, all things considered. I reckon he has at least another 20 years left, now that he can't overeat and his penchant for the coca seems to be under control. He was touch-and-go for a while a couple of years back but, the way he's going, I wouldn't rule him out for a return to the argentinian national squad!

Happy Deathlisting,

Star Crossed

Brooke Astor, cos she's 103 and still alive. Sharon can continue to breath for some time with medical help. At 103 time is against you, even if you're the well-kept widow of a billionaire.

Guest Siafu

I would say pope Benedict is a strong candidate for poppin'off this year. After all good old Nostradamus named him the interim pope with a short period of reign.

I'd nominte Deborah Kerr for mine

I've got Astor on my list too. on this list I've not bothered with Deborah Kerr although she is in two of my other lists.

On the Maradonna front, have you seen him recently? He'll outlive me at the rate he's going. He looks superb, all things considered. I reckon he has at least another 20 years left, now that he can't overeat and his penchant for the coca seems to be under control. He was touch-and-go for a while a couple of years back but, the way he's going, I wouldn't rule him out for a return to the argentinian national squad!

Happy Deathlisting,

Star Crossed

Hi StarCrossed. Yes, thanks for your welcome! Went home last night and the subject of Maradonna came up and yes, agreements with you all around, the lad is keeping himself quite well! Bummer. We then discussed the latest Pope and coincidentally, there was a recent mention of him on this site.

Meanwhile, how many Kennedy's are left??? :pop:

And another apostrophe bites the dust

Happy Deathlisting,

Star Crossed

Hi StarCrossed. Yes, thanks for your welcome! Went home last night and the subject of Maradonna came up and yes, agreements with you all around, the lad is keeping himself quite well! Bummer. We then discussed the latest Pope and coincidentally, there was a recent mention of him on this site.

Meanwhile, how many Kennedy's are left??? :pop:

One Kennedy-relative I'd like to see bite the dust is neo-con Schwarzenegger. I used to admire him. As a bodybuilder, he knows what he's talking about but please, Arnie, you utter, utter halfwit, stay OUT of politics. In fact, stay out of EVERYTHING except... lifting heavy weights and eating lots.

I'd rejoice if Arnie was the next quasi-kennedy to buy the farm, preferably (i'm a lover of irony) by being run over by a Hummer. ;):lol::lol: "I'll be back". No, you won't.

And we have another honez! (don't worry Godot, I agree wholeheartedly)

p.s. Sentences cannot start with "And".

And we have another honez! (don't worry Godot, I agree wholeheartedly)

p.s. Sentences cannot start with "And".

As usual with these issues, the argument is between the way English is used and the way it is "supposed to be".

Sometimes a full stop is required to drive home a sentence or give a meaningful pause.

And an afterthought like this one gets more impact when it's a sentence rather than a conjoined clause.

So when someone tells you not to start a sentence with a conjunction, say: "But I've already done it."

Only joking!!!!

:pop:

quite right on the grammar. there's a difference between classically taught english and vernacular english - which e-mailing certainly is - and that's before you start on whether or not english is a static or mutable language. one thing i have noticed so far is that all the pedants think they've nailed it then get another pedant on their ass.

and quite right too.

anyway, my outsider for this year is margaret thatcher. she's had those mini-strokes and is going ga-ga; furthermore, my mate who works in the commons has seen her wandering about in less than wonderful state for some time. i think her condition is worse than is commonly perceived.

and i wouldn't rule out maradona. sure, the boy looks fit now, but he's lot that weight quickly - too quickly. plus he was pumped full of steroids when he was playing. add that to the coke habit as was, and you've got a heart attack candidate. notice how many ex-abusers get fit and then succumb to damage incurred? sometimes the shock of cleaning up too quickly can be enough. and anyway, he's a cheating sod at heart so he'll soon backslide... bugger, nearly stayed reasonable all the way through.

I'd nominte Deborah Kerr for mine

I've heard she's very unwell, but I've always hesitated to put her on deadpools... might you share with me (and others on this forum) why you think that? I'm geniunely interested in why you think she's such a surefire.

And MPFC, I'm interested in why you hate Brooke Astor so much, as you've mentioned her impending death for a long time now. :pop:

Finally, wendylaDIE, it looks like a solid list, except I personally wouldn't put Tammy Faye Bakker on my list for a couple of years yet. She's beaten two cancers already, although admittedly third time's a charm. I just don't think it's her time yet. But don't change just because of me. I've had a bad record with deadpools, a lot of more obvious misses. 1st Rotten I only got 3 hits, 2nd so far I've only had 1. But ask around if you have the time.

What an interesting thread this has become...