Guest asdfgh!!!

June Brown

18 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So...what you are saying...is...Dot has brought her time to a full stop!

I'll get my coat (while @msc adds the above to "terrible puns possibly in the event of death" for the DDP). ^_^

Something along the lines of "After the Year Dot" but who knows when inspiration will strike.

Although with puns referencing Scott Steiner, a forgotten UK number one from 2006, the Elizabeth Wurzel line and the Douglas Adams/Tom Long one I was far too smug about, the only question is how low will the quality line of these puns be by December? imo very, very low!

• Haha 1

It's official- she has gone for good.The BBC have published an article listing her 'best bits' from the show . https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51584673

I have to confess I felt a bit emotional when I heard the  news this morning.Anyone else feel the same ? Really is the end of an era ! 

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Dot.....

Dot Dot Dot Dead Dead Dead

June Brown Bread

I would have "liked" this post, but did not wish to appear to be liking the prospect of the reality.

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/12143850/eastenders-june-brown-could-return-if-bosses-give-dot-an-exciting-storyline-says-her-screen-son-john-altman/

June Brown "could return if bosses give Dot an exciting storyline " says John Altman her good friend who used to play her son Nick Cotton.

He's not her son in real life though !

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/12143850/eastenders-june-brown-could-return-if-bosses-give-dot-an-exciting-storyline-says-her-screen-son-john-altman/

June Brown "could return if bosses give Dot an exciting storyline " says John Altman her good friend who used to play her son Nick Cotton.

Yeah and 'Eileen Derbyshire hasn't retired'....... 

Along with the hundreds of other soap actors whose character's are living in Australia, Canada or the Peak District. 

Not to mention June's deliberately unsporting timing of her departure as before the anbiversary would cause her unlikely to be welcomed back by the current cast and crew. 

52 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Yeah and 'Eileen Derbyshire hasn't retired'....... 

Along with the hundreds of other soap actors whose character's are living in Australia, Canada or the Peak District. 

Not to mention June's deliberately unsporting timing of her departure as before the anbiversary would cause her unlikely to be welcomed back by the current cast and crew. 

I thought the BBC said June was welcome back anytime?

18 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I understand that!:D

What I mean is he wouldn't necessarily know her plans.

He is very good friends with June Brown in real life as you might expect from folk who worked together on and off for so long.

On 21/02/2020 at 14:32, CoffinLodger said:

It's official- she has gone for good. The BBC have published an article listing her 'best bits' from the show . https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51584673

I have to confess I felt a bit emotional when I heard the  news this morning. Anyone else feel the same ? Really is the end of an era ! 

Is that what you suspect because all her best bits are so & so's death? Maybe they've been digitally restoring the late June since 2017.

10 minutes ago, friedbutty said:

Is that what you suspect because all her best bits are so & so's death? Maybe they've been digitally restoring the late June since 2017.

Sad to hear that she has gone. She was truly one of the most iconic soap characters in the UK. Dot Cotton R.I.P :(

PS long live June Brown ! 

• Facepalm 3

52 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Sad to hear that she has gone. She was truly one of the most iconic soap characters in the UK. Dot Cotton R.I.P :(

You truly are the epitome of a complete dick head.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

10 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You truly are the epitome of a complete dick head.

Not just a complete dickhead, try a complete fucking dickhead. 

• Like 3

Happy 94th birthday, June Brown! :birthday:

Couldn't find any specific news about her, maybe later.

• Like 4

Tbh since her retirement last appearing in EE January 2020 aged 92, she has been a quiet one.

What's the chance of her having another birthday? :vulture:

4 hours ago, Miranda lass said:

Tbh since her retirement last appearing in EE January 2020 aged 92, she has been a quiet one.

What's the chance of her having another birthday? :vulture:

She has done some audio work but obviously with Covid she hasn’t been able to appear on camera.

94 year old not on telly much - who'd have thought it ... it's almost as if people are allowed to retire.