Guest asdfgh!!!

June Brown

3 hours ago, Deathtreat23 said:

It mentions in the daily mirror article that June had a bad case of Pneumonia last year and Pleurisy at Christmas which she is struggling to recover from as easily as before, her health is obviously starting to fail

On 05/04/2019 at 22:58, msc said:

Starting to go blind? She walked right into a table few months ago on Eastenders!

They gave Dot the same eye Condition that June has a couple of years ago.

Why don't the have a live dying episode, they've tried everything else. Dot and her actor june brown both die of overdose live on eastenders! The BBC would be well up for that if the could get away with it.

• Haha 2

June always strikes me as the sort of person to drop dead shortly after retiring.

59106273_2398534490232062_1872480422500237312_o.jpg

Ok. Who the fuck is he?

On 17/05/2019 at 15:54, gcreptile said:

She declined a chance to gout dancing with Lady Gaga

Gout dancing does sound rather painful. 

• Haha 4

Not a bad drop as still working but barely - limited appearances usually in scenes with a few others in so no long dialogue or heavy acting. And only on her house's set - hasn't been seen on any other set since last year.

Walked very briefly on screen at a pretty good speed last night but then seemingly planed to depart likely missing the 35th anniversary of Eastenders in a month.,  But story wise she is given an important need to  return. But usually she departs for a break at the end of February not mid January. 

Seemingly left Eastenders last night. Dot Appeared in one scene then left a recording explaing she was moving to Ireland (with some speculation June didnt voice the recording). No press coverage through.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Seemingly left Eastenders last night. Dot Appeared in one scene then left a recording explaing she was moving to Ireland (with some speculation June didnt voice the recording). No press coverage through.

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:40, Sean said:

June always strikes me as the sort of person to drop dead shortly after retiring.

Uh oh!

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Having watched last night's episode I personally reckon that it was June's voice in the recording .BUT the fact she is offscreen for very long stretches and is pretty minimal the majority of the time her character is onscreen is not a good sign .Especially given June's previous statements about how  important her work is too her and how she'd more or less like to work until she drops.

4 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Actress June Brown who plays the legendary soap icon Dot Branning (Cotton) in EastEnders turns 93 today. 

:birthday:

And still looking great ! 

23 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Indeed. I can't imagine EastEnders with the character of Dot permanently written out but it's going to happen one day.Hardly onscreen as it is these days  but you know the character is alive and could and will infrequently reappear. 

14 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Indeed. I can't imagine EastEnders with the character of Dot permanently written out but it's going to happen one day.Hardly onscreen as it is these days  but you know the character is alive and could and will infrequently reappear. 

Watched the odd episode of Classic EastEnders on Drama or whatever it is called think they are showing episodes from 1992 and June/Dot seems ancient even back then despite been about 65 she could of passed as 15 years older, knocks about with Ethel who is 80 and looks and acts the same as she does. 

Dot/June has always been old she was the same in an episode of the Bill way back in 1984 were she plays an old woman who kills her Son who is abusing her, again could of passed as years older, who would of thought back in 1984 she would outlast the Bill that went on for another 26 years and still be going almost 40 years after the episode originally aired. June seems to have been born old but seems to go on forever, looks like a walking corpse but can’t imagine her ever not been around in EastEnders(though why she bothers with it now I don’t know), she is the type of person who you think will go on forever. With the amount of fags she smoked should of been dead years ago but wouldn’t be surprised if she lived to be 100.

• Like 2

On 16/02/2020 at 18:19, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Actress June Brown who plays the legendary soap icon Dot Branning (Cotton) in EastEnders turns 93 today. 

:birthday:

• Like 1

I can't believe we will never see her again on Eastenders.Dot Cotton R.I.P  :(

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Very much so! I still cannot get over how well she got on with Lady Gaga when they met on The Graham Norton show!

So...what you are saying...is...Dot has brought her time to a full stop!

I'll get my coat (while @msc adds the above to "terrible puns possibly in the event of death" for the DDP). ^_^

• Haha 1