Guest asdfgh!!!

June Brown

On 28/03/2021 at 19:36, Miranda lass said:

Tbh since her retirement last appearing in EE January 2020 aged 92, she has been a quiet one.

What's the chance of her having another birthday? :vulture:

Unless she's ill, better than most 92 year olds?

On 28/03/2021 at 11:36, Miranda lass said:

Tbh since her retirement last appearing in EE January 2020 aged 92, she has been a quiet one.

What's the chance of her having another birthday? :vulture:

25%

On 31/03/2021 at 21:55, Kenny said:

Unless she's ill, better than most 92 year olds?

According to this Website, theres an exactly 20% Chance she'll die at age 94 so 80% survival chance. The Data for the US tho altho that might actually better her survival chances.

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html

An interesting article from last month...

Quoting an interview she did in The Radio Times (but does not state when the interview was):

“I’m going to die of something fairly soon, so why not enjoy myself".

"I love red wine and also dark chocolate, even though I’m allergic to it and it makes me sneeze".

“And the Guinness helps me keep a bit of weight on. So I don’t need to be careful about what I eat or drink".

"What’s the point of counting how many cigarettes I smoke a day? I’ve been on them for over 70 years.”

https://www.kentlive.news/news/celebs-tv/eastenders-june-brown-life-folkestone-5749588

Ciggies, Chocs & Guinness...all reasons to want to live on...I guess.

• Like 1

Somebody who knows how to make the most of what they do have and while they can ^_^

7 hours ago, Deathrace said:

She's been made an OBE in the New Year's Honours. 

Along with Bill Roache, whom she is infinitely more talented than and doesn’t suffer from the same pompous self-deluding seriousness. She’ll be missed when she goes, which is more than can be said for him. Sorry I just felt like having a bit of a rant on that! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JR976evil said:

Along with Bill Roache, whom she is infinitely more talented than and doesn’t suffer from the same pompous self-deluding seriousness. She’ll be missed when she goes, which is more than can be said for him. Sorry I just felt like having a bit of a rant on that! 

Oh she is a diva as well. She is well known for her many arguments with producers. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Oh she is a diva as well. She is well known for her many arguments with producers. 

At least she can act and never said words to the effect of child abuse victims being punished for their past life transgressions. And didn’t sue a newspaper for saying her character was boring 

Edited by JR976evil
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JR976evil said:

People who still think the importance of Ken Barlow in Corrie is as a character rather than as part of the furniture fail to see the point of his charachter. 

I'd honestly be surprised if the show lasts a year or two once he's gone, it'll be like closing the Rovers. (something that should probably explored for modernisation purposes but still...) 

39 minutes ago, HereIAm said:

People who still think the importance of Ken Barlow in Corrie is as a character rather than as part of the furniture fail to see the point of his charachter. 

I'd honestly be surprised if the show lasts a year or two once he's gone, it'll be like closing the Rovers. (something that should probably explored for modernisation purposes but still...) 

Oh I think they’ll just about get by, when Corrie does bite the dust I suspect it will be mainly due to dwindling ratings and the decline of soap operas as an intrinsic part of peoples viewing habits. I believe all the main soaps have been struggling for some time to attract younger viewers (except Hollyoaks I guess, although why teens don’t feel so insulted by its very presence is one of life’s great mysteries…) 

They still decided to continue Emmerdale post Jack Sugden tho ^_^

And have corrie without Emily who'd we never guessed would say tara! 

Yah i do agree about corrie in a sense for example they repeated the free the weatherfield one storyline (first Deidre then more recently Sally)

48 minutes ago, HereIAm said:

I don't think anyone is watching Corrie specifically for Ken Barlow these days. It will be big when it happens, but these characters are name checked more often than they're seen. Only catch it now and again as my mum watches it. Can't remember the last time I saw Rita, but I've heard her mentioned by characters with links to her. Likewise in the Christmas Day episode, Ken Barlow was in one scene and I'm not sure he actually had a line of dialogue, just a bewildered facial expression to the disintegration of another Barlow Christmas dinner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I don't think anyone is watching Corrie specifically for Ken Barlow these days. It will be big when it happens, but these characters are name checked more often than they're seen. Only catch it now and again as my mum watches it. Can't remember the last time I saw Rita, but I've heard her mentioned by characters with links to her. Likewise in the Christmas Day episode, Ken Barlow was in one scene and I'm not sure he actually had a line of dialogue, just a bewildered facial expression to the disintegration of another Barlow Christmas dinner.

Rita appeared briefly on Christmas Day as well. 

9 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Rita appeared briefly on Christmas Day as well. 

Must've missed that bit...

2 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Must've missed that bit...

Oddly I’ve just checked the credits and she wasn’t credited but I am sure I saw her and remember commenting. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

Oddly I’ve just checked the credits and she wasn’t credited but I am sure I saw her and remember commenting. 

There was a mention about Jenny's Foster daughter (or whoever she is - the one that lives with her) lingering outside trying to avoid Rita's stories. That's the only mention I remember. Anyway, unimportant...

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

Yes she was in it on Christmas Day talking to Jenny and Daisy but it was a blink and you missed it scene. Barbara Knox is 88 now and her appearances have dramatically reduced probably due to COVID though I think age unsurprisingly is catching up with her as she looks frail and dithery also heard rumours she is in the early stages of dementia. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Yes she was in it on Christmas Day talking to Jenny and Daisy but it was a blink and you missed it scene. Barbara Knox is 88 now and her appearances have dramatically reduced probably due to COVID though I think age unsurprisingly is catching up with her as she looks frail and dithery also heard rumours she is in the early stages of dementia. 

I imagine Barbara Knox stands a decent chance of ending up on the deathlist in future. 

8 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

There was a mention about Jenny's Foster daughter (or whoever she is - the one that lives with her) lingering outside trying to avoid Rita's stories. That's the only mention I remember. Anyway, unimportant...

Her ex stepdaughter.

Years ago when I worked in Sainsburys along the Purley Way in Croydon, June accosted me to enquire if we had any rye bread. 

We didn't. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Apparently June Brown was unable to attend Leonard Fenton’s funeral today, would of thought she would of been there, maybe a sign all is not well? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

Apparently June Brown was unable to attend Leonard Fenton’s funeral today, would have thought she would have been there, maybe a sign all is not well? 

FIFY before Toast came in with her school headmistress attitude.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fergie86 said:

Apparently June Brown was unable to attend Leonard Fenton’s funeral today, would of thought she would of been there, maybe a sign all is not well? 

Bill Treacher was there, but he’d had a few and remembered that time Dr Legg gave him the wrong pills and was slipping Pauline a length too.