Harvester Of Souls

Carsten Juste

Carten Juste is the editor of Jyllands-Posten, the Danish newspaper at the centre of the caricatures row that has ignited protests across Europe and the Middle East.

His explanation for the publishing of the cartoons can be found here...

Link To Jyllands-Posten

Could he be a new Deathlist golden boy now his 'blasphemy' ( :crossbone: ) has put him under the spotlight. Any chances of a fatwah for 2006?

Good one TF  :crossbone:  Now watch some lousy S.O.B delete it

:lol: Good cartoon TF, I just spilled my coffee

Good one TF  :blink:  Now watch some lousy S.O.B delete it

Agreed.

But as proof of double standards - TF's post won't get deleted but this one will.

marchsmall.jpg

OMG, how right you were :(

PS your picture didn't work

OMG, how right you were :blink:

PS your picture didn't work

Not to worry, it was merely a picture of Ariel Sharon goosestepping next to Hitler.

Just pointing out that I would feel somewhat hard done by my country was taken over by a group of foreigners because some ancient book said that was meant to be.

And before anyone moans this is not an anti-jewish comment but an anti-Israel comments - there is a big difference.

Getting back to Carsten Juste, and away from Arab Israeli politics.

I imagine Mr. Juste is looking very closely at the benefits of a name change and a swift relocation to somewhere very remote and unislamic, maybe Tonga.

I don't think he can rely on protection from the Danish government, at least not in the long term. Islamic extremists have very long memories and will bide their time.

The so-called rule that Mohammend cannot be depicted also extends to Jesus - as the rule covers all the Prophets of Islam (although it is not mentioned at all in the Koran, nor is the Hidden Prophet that the current Iranian President seems to believe in).

And, back to the main point, surely the world has gone mad if an editor has to check whether all articles in his newspaper confirm to "laws of religion".

Oh how I'd be outraged if the editor of a national paper in the UK joked about coveting his neighbour's ox! :blink:

The so-called rule that Mohammend cannot be depicted also extends to Jesus - as the rule covers all the Prophets of Islam (although it is not mentioned at all in the Koran, nor is the Hidden Prophet that the current Iranian President seems to believe in).

And, back to the main point, surely the world has gone mad if an editor has to check whether all articles in his newspaper confirm to "laws of religion".

Oh how I'd be outraged if the editor of a national paper in the UK joked about coveting his neighbour's ox!  :blink:

Carsten knew what he was doing when he published those provocative cartoons,

he's hardly some innocent, he did so to make a point on freedom of speech.

I admire Carstens principles, I just don't think he possesses a great deal of common sense. He could have made his point in a less confrontational way.

I just hope Carsten is ready to die for those freedom of speech principles, if not he shouldn't have poked the stick into the hornets nest.

I admire Carstens principles, I just don't think he possesses a great deal of common sense. He could have made his point in a less confrontational way.

I just hope Carsten is ready to die for those freedom of speech principles, if not he shouldn't have poked the stick into the hornets nest.

Agreed, but I hope this all goes further than freedom speech.

Hopefully, people will start asking questions about whether religion has any point in the modern world.

From an athiest point of view, it seems crazy that so much outrage can be created by pictures of some bloke who may or may not have existed 1,500 years ago.

Are we really still at the stage where we believe in fables, old wives tales and legends?

Surely not, and the world would be better if the sham of religion was nothing but a distant memory of a time when we thought the Earth was flat, etc.

Hopefully, people will start asking questions about whether religion has any point in the modern world.

From an athiest point of view, it seems crazy that so much outrage can be created by pictures of some bloke who may or may not have existed 1,500 years ago.

Are we really still at the stage where we believe in fables, old wives tales and legends?

Surely not, and the world would be better if the sham of religion was nothing but a distant memory of a time when we thought the Earth was flat, etc.

I'm speaking from an agnostic viewpoint, as neither atheist or religious believers can prove their argument.

Mohammed definitely existed as did Jesus, it's just a case of whether you believe these individuals were divine, or not.

People believe in all kinds of nonsense, the rise of so called New Age beliefs is a case in point, crystals, astrology, homeopathy,etc, etc.

These, while not being monotheistic religious belief systems, are in their own way equally as grounded in belief, just less formalized.

Would the world really be better if religion ceased to be a factor, or would humanity just latch onto something else to help sustain themselves in a cold dark universe.

Would the world really be better if religion ceased to be a factor, or would humanity just latch onto something else to help sustain themselves in a cold dark universe.

Humanity already has latched on to something else - the acquisition of wealth.

I'm speaking from an agnostic viewpoint, as neither atheist or religious believers can prove their argument.

Mohammed definitely existed as did Jesus, it's just a case of whether you believe these individuals were divine, or not.

I don't even think it's a matter of proof, since i'm sure many people

have evidence of a spiritual being of some kind.

But even with evidence there is still an argument over how and why these things happen.

That would be where the always present scientific explanation comes running in.

People believe what they want to and in reality it's what you believe that counts.

There may be no explanation to things because perhaps we are not ment to understand them.

I'm sure soon someday something will occur that makes many people think very differently.

But even the wealthy aren't immune to the pull of religious belief,

the money fails to fill a void that they perceive inside themselves.

As the First World has become richer, its citizens have become more prone to depression and a sense of emptiness. Why is this I wonder, could it be that we have an inbuilt genetic need to believe in the supernatural/divine?

A desire for meaning and purpose has always been at the root of human progress, a restlessness at the very heart of our being, was this placed there by a creator? Or is it part of evolutionary progress?

Wealth is power - But sometimes love and what you "Can't see" may be stronger. :blink:

A desire for meaning and purpose has always been at the root of human progress, a restlessness at the very heart of our being, was this placed there by a creator? Or is it part of evolutionary progress?

And this is always going to be the case because 99.99% of people in the world, etc, will live pointless lives it you look at it from outside this mortal coil.

In terms of the Universe, we are all pointless because nothing we ever do will have a truly permanent impact.

And this is always going to be the case because 99.99% of people in the world, etc, will live pointless lives it you look at it from outside this mortal coil.

In terms of the Universe, we are all pointless because nothing we ever do will have a truly permanent impact.

You are starting to sound Nihilistic,

You can indeed argue that everything is ultimately futile, but where does this argument take you?

It is an argument for inaction and stagnation. Better to believe in something than nothing.

You can indeed argue that everything is ultimately futile, but where does this argument take you?

It is an argument for inaction and stagnation. Better to believe in something than nothing.

Sorry, that's what I was trying to point out - ie that people cling to the idea of a supreme being because if you look at the Universe from a purely scientific point of view everyone might as well die now.

Sorry, that's what I was trying to point out - ie that people cling to the idea of a supreme being because if you look at the Universe from a purely scientific point of view everyone might as well die now.

People do indeed cling to belief structures in order to give external definition to their lives.

But they also tend to believe that their lives have some purpose and meaning even if they are atheists, why is this I wonder?

Surely this is just another form of illogical believe, as they cannot prove that their lives have purpose or meaning.

Atheists are frauds, they believe, but are afraid to acknowledge this believe as relience on it scares them.

But they also tend to believe that their lives have some purpose and meaning even if they are atheists, why is this I wonder?

Surely this is just another form of illogical believe, as they cannot prove that their lives have purpose or meaning.

Atheists are frauds, they believe, but are afraid to acknowledge this believe as relience on it scares them.

Atheist - someone who denies the existence of god

There is the definition Tempus. I'm sure there are many kinds but believing

in god and believing they are here for a purpose are 2 totally different things.

Some people I wouldn't call atheists but I would call them very confused

afraid or even debating on what they actually believe.

That's the great thing about it... neither of them exist but we all live in hope that they do! ;)

My take on the whole situation is that the cartoons weren't even funny. I mean, given that the cartoonists knew it would bring a whole heap of turds upon them they could have least pushed it a bit. I guess the Danish aren't exactly renowned for their humour.

My take on the whole situation is that the cartoons weren't even funny. I mean, given that the cartoonists knew it would bring a whole heap of turds upon them they could have least pushed it a bit. I guess the Danish aren't exactly renowned for their humour.

I think it's a cunning insurance job -

Embassy in need of a face-lift, call Insulting Cartoons 'R' Us!

We guarantee that your embassy, consulate or private dwelling will be damaged by an angry mob within hours....

Discounts for chainstores, franchises and governments.