Grim_Rita

DeathList "Dead" Chat!

Perhaps the chat feature has been disable due to all of last nights problems.

Perhaps the chat feature has been disable due to all of last nights problems.

Could be Windsor, but that wouldn't achieve anything. It will just upset the 'chattees' further.

Edit scsibear, ie and CO can get in now, but I am still having problems.

Edited by Lady Grendel

Not only am I in, but it's all shiny and upgraded!

Tried again but still can't get in. All seems a bit odd.

If I have been banned I'd like a very good reason why

OK - unsuccessful upgrade. I still can't get it.

Perhaps it is only us 'revolutionaries' that have been banned.

OK - unsuccessful upgrade. I still can't get it.

Nor I CA, yet you and I are showing up on the board as being in.

It could be none of us are running the right version of Java as I can't get in using Yogi Bear either, I'm updating my version just now and will let you know how I get on.

It could be none of us are running the right version of Java as I can't get in using Yogi Bear either, I'm updating my version just now and will let you know how I get on.

I think this email I received earlier is the explanation...

Effective today, RaiderSoft has become AddonInteractive and our flagship product, SigmaChat, has been renamed AddonChat. This renaming initiative provides a clear and concise description of our products through brand name alone and as a loyal customer, we want you to be among the first to know about the exciting improvements available now:

AddonChat Version 8.0

AddonChat version 8.0 is now online! As with all updates, no action is required on your part; our service updates are completely automated and free of charge. You will continue to have all of the features that you have previously paid for, in addition to new features added with version 8.0.

Should you or your users experience any problems with the updated version of your chat room, please try the following:

Empty your browser's cache, then shutdown all open browsers before testing the update.

Ensure that you have the latest version of Java by visiting http://www.java.com/

Hopefully the helpful tips sort the problem.

GR

I can't get in either, not that I'm in there regularly to start with. I'll try the Microsoft link since Java doesn't want to play tonight.

Updated Java and still can't get in, I either get a red X or the java icon in it's place ;) .

Updated Java and still can't get in, I either get a red X or the java icon in it's place ;) .

Java finally decided to actually 'install' the update, despite the fact I've been trying to do it for an hour and a half, I have finally entered the chat.

On the plus side because of these problems I am now the top poster today, a rare occurrence does that make me todays Post Whore? :rip: Is there a costume?? (and more importantly does it involve boots????)

yours hopefully

LG

Edited by Lady Grendel

Effective today, RaiderSoft has become AddonInteractive and our flagship product, SigmaChat, has been renamed AddonChat. This renaming initiative provides a clear and concise description of our products through brand name alone and as a loyal customer, we want you to be among the first to know about the exciting improvements available now:

AddonChat Version 8.0

AddonChat version 8.0 is now online! As with all updates, no action is required on your part; our service updates are completely automated and free of charge. You will continue to have all of the features that you have previously paid for, in addition to new features added with version 8.0.

Should you or your users experience any problems with the updated version of your chat room, please try the following:

Empty your browser's cache, then shutdown all open browsers before testing the update.

Ensure that you have the latest version of Java by visiting http://www.java.com/

GR

From several members I've heard that upgrading Java isn't the easiest thing to do. What I did was the following:

• Go to http://www.java.com/
  • Turn down my speaker volume
  • Chose "Manual Download" (which kills that bloody racket)
  • Download an appropriate version. I chose the "Windows Offline Installation". I don't know if the online installation works at all.
  • Install the new version
  • Close my browser
  • Start my browser
  • And presto, it all worked

I have no idea if this works for non-Windows systems.

Hope this helps,

Hein

AddonChat Version 8.0

GR

From several members I've heard that upgrading Java isn't the easiest thing to do. What I did was the following:

• Go to http://www.java.com/
  • Turn down my speaker volume
  • Chose "Manual Download" (which kills that bloody racket)
  • Download an appropriate version. I chose the "Windows Offline Installation". I don't know if the online installation works at all.
  • Install the new version
  • Close my browser
  • Start my browser
  • And presto, it all worked

Hope this helps,

Hein

I did the same, it didn't work, I had to download J2rte from a different site and when I couldn't get into chat I had to right click on the java icon on the bottom right hand corner of my monitor, go to open Java control panel, go to the tab that says updates and download the update, took nearly 2 hours for it to work, maybe my set up is a one off, I hope so. It probably is because scsi and I are networked from the same connection , Handrejka and Magic may encounter the same problems as they have a similar set up, be patient and keep trying to get Java to work, if not let us know and we will try to help, networks can be a pain in the arse , Slave and Dave are unaffected as they use the same computer, most of you are not networking your home computers so you should find it easier.

I must say it has been an interesting way to spend our wedding anniversary!! Good luck, hope to see you all in the chat ;)

[*]Go to http://www.java.com/

[*]Turn down my speaker volume

[*]Chose "Manual Download" (which kills that bloody racket)

[*]Download an appropriate version. I chose the "Windows Offline Installation". I don't know if the online installation works at all.

[*]Install the new version

[*]Close my browser

[*]Start my browser

[*]And presto, it all worked

Hope this helps,

Hein

I did not download the manuel version, but right now it looks like the best ticket. I have Java on the bottom of my screen successfully installed and it insists that I have the latest version updated.

The notification says - ( The Java Update mechanism ensures you have the most updated version of the Java platform)

I'm still unable to access the Live Chat...

I was able to get in after downloading the latest java update

I did not download the manuel version, but right now it looks like the best ticket. I have Java on the bottom of my screen successfully installed and it insists that I have the latest version updated.

The notification says - ( The Java Update mechanism ensures you have the most updated version of the Java platform)

I'm still unable to access the Live Chat...

Perhaps this newer version of the software has an enabled anti-spam facility.

Got in today using some of the guidence above, where was everyone?

I haven't done any of this stuff because I'm technically illiterate (either that or bone idlel). Not even sure what that means. Am I illiterate? Well technically speaking, yes. I haven't had any problems getting in to chat though because I haven't tried to get in there.

Chat is OK I suppose but I still remember the days when I could have a pint with a few mates (when I had mates plus access to a pub) and that was better. Now I can't get to a pub because I need to have something called Java and I can't get in to chat because that too has something to do with Java (a place West of where Krakatoa used to be).

At least the internet allows you to chat and drive, not that you need to drive when you've been chatting from home. But drinking in Live Chat is not quite the same. I have done it when in there but you never know whether people are keeping up with you or who bought the last drink. Also Live Chat keeps you out of trouble. You can flirt I suppose but groping is out and there's no point asking for a snog, dodgy too when you can't see who you'd be snogging with. Not that you can do any of that in a pub anymore either. One little feel and you're up before the beak for sexual assualt. No wonder chat rooms are so popular.

Guest Guest
Post Whore? <_< Is there a costume?? (and more importantly does it involve boots????)

No, probably just a Shaddongate United shirt and a pair of tracky-botts.

Guest TF

What's gone wrong with this tempermental board, it won't let me post as a member (I get the flood control message), but it will let me post when I log out.

What's gone wrong with this tempermental board, it won't let me post as a member (I get the flood control message), but it will let me post when I log out.

Strange things are happening tonight. The post times look all wrong (AM instead of PM) apart from my own which appear correct.

Ok - upgraded, got in, going to lunch, back later.