Sign in to follow this  
weatherman90

The Weatherman Death Pool

Evel Knievel has died - he was selected by 4 teams. I'll post details soon.

DL calling Weatherman 90, come in please......

The Weatherman is in! :rolleyes:

This has been quite a slow month for the WDP - in fact things really slowed down starting in December.

Sorry about the delay in slashing out the Evel's...I have done so now.

Here are the write-ups for the last two deaths:

January 27, 2008 - After nearly two months of no activity, President of Indonesia Suharto has died at age 86. Suharto ruled over the country for over three decades. He was the unique pick of Soul Reaver, who receives 7 points for the death. There is little change in the scoreboard, with Soul Reaver moving up to 3rd place with 38 points.

November 30, 2007 - Legendary stunt man Evel Knievel has died at age 69. Knievel suffered from many ailments including Hepatitis C. Knievel has a popular pick at the WDP with four teams cashing in on the points. Grobler's Stiff Ones, Soul Reaver, themaninblack, and The Quick and the Dead, Hold the Quick receive 8 points each for the death. This is the first hit for Grobler's Stiff Ones, and the fifth hit for themaninblack, who is now tied for second place with 40 points. The game is still very competitive with 3 teams: TMIB, Canadian Paul and Football Fan, having over 40 points.

Canadian Paul still maintains the lead with a record 46 points. Can anyone catch up?

I haven't posted here outside of this forum in ages...hard to believe I once was active enough to have posted nearly 700 times!

Although I've moved on to other forums, the Deathlist will always have a special place in my heart, having registered at the tender age of 13.... :lol:

Damn, I spent so much time worrying that Eddie Thompson would die before April that I completely forgot that Jeff Healey was on the same team. Well done Football Fan! :unsure:

Damn, I spent so much time worrying that Eddie Thompson would die before April that I completely forgot that Jeff Healey was on the same team. Well done Football Fan! :(

He always in with that darn'd late run doesn't he... :unsure:

Good job to Old & Bold, who successfully picked Leon Greenman.

Alright, I'll just go ahead and be the one to ask it - same time, same place next year Weatherman90 or no?

Well its the 1st of April and true to form I've not got my Weatherman team in on time.

Nevermind, I was thinking of cutting back on the number of pools I'm in so there you go.

I don't think there is one this year. I've heard nothing... :skull:

I shot of an email and asked him if there would be a competition next year (as well as sending a team just in case) and have yet to get a response...

Maybe he's got himself a girlfriend :) . That , or he's gone on the road with Barry Manilow.

Well he is young after all. Maybe he's growing up. There'll be no chance of that happening to me! :)

Maybe he's got himself a girlfriend :) . That , or he's gone on the road with Barry Manilow.

In my dreams! (referring to your second guess) :)

Sorry about taking so long to put this out there - but school and extracurriculars have caught up with me in my senior year. I will get the scores tallied for 2007-2008 shortly, but sadly there will not be a 2008-2009 pool. :)

I might be able to start it up again in the future - who knows. Thanks to all the participants, though - it has been fun running my own game show of sorts!

P.S. - I finally got to see Barry in St. Paul, MN this past January - 8th row! It was a great thrill for me - here's the proof: :rip:

barrymanilowpd5.jpg

Go ahead and check out the full gallery if you like... W90's Barry Manilow Pics