Grim Reaper

***deathlist Planned Maintenance***

Guest iain

Dont like it :(

[Merged with existing thread - ff]

Hmmm, much slicker, any new features?

It looks pretty cool, but it's a bit of a bugger to get used to...

... and I miss chat :party:

My little folders keep turning into envelopes for no apparent reason, but apart from that, it's nice to have a change.

Having said many moons ago that I thought chat was a bad idea, I have tried it and have to say I'm going to miss it if it doesn't come back, (particularly that moment when you first log on and you're flung headlong into the middle of someone else's conversation).

[WHISPER]Banshees, your pm message folder is full!![/WHISPER]

I don't know, I go away for a couple of days and this happens :party: I'll need a day or two on this. The jury has retired!

I love it! I did notice that guests can't post any more (I tried to post after forgetting to log in).

I love it! I did notice that guests can't post any more (I tried to post after forgetting to log in).

I agree LD, it looks good and there is much to explore. I would have logged in over the weekend and had a play but Mrs Josco regards computers as the work of the devil so I have to do this at work.

I agree LD, it looks good and there is much to explore. I would have logged in over the weekend and had a play but Mrs Josco regards computers as the work of the devil so I have to do this at work.

Mrs Josco is obviously very wise....

Indeed, the new look is fantastic. Himler will not have access either, unless he joins.

You can also do lots of annoying stuff with the font.

Which is nice.

Am I the only person who thinks it's a shame that guests can't post anymore? Hein's rant index is going to be redundant and what are the Moderators going to do with themselves?, the devil finds work for idle hands you know. :party:

I agree, it is a shame.

Replying to guests is, according to Star Crossed, my only purpose here at deathlist. :party:

I must admit, I won't miss some of the guests.

Am I the only person who thinks it's a shame that guests can't post anymore? Hein's rant index is going to be redundant and what are the Moderators going to do with themselves?, the devil finds work for idle hands you know. :party:

I think that this is only temporary until the exclusions list is configured (some such........)

Hmmm. Since the 'upgrade' I now have to log in almost every time I visit. Having not logged in (as I was always remembered) for many months, I don't like it. Three times today so far. And no, I haven't changed any of my settings.

Is this just temporary too? (Please!)

I don't know, I go away for a couple of days and this happens :party: I'll need a day or two on this. The jury has retired!

Lokks fine to me. Thanks.

Hmmm. Since the 'upgrade' I now have to log in almost every time I visit. Having not logged in (as I was always remembered) for many months, I don't like it. Three times today so far. And no, I haven't changed any of my settings.

It wouldn't let me quote someone and then post earlier today - when I clicked on the "quote" button it changed to a different colour, but no message box popped up.

Overall, though, change is good.

It wouldn't let me quote someone and then post earlier today - when I clicked on the "quote" button it changed to a different colour, but no message box popped up.

That's how the QUOTE button works. You click quote, it goes red and then you click reply. It means you can put multiple quotes in replies with ease.

That's how the QUOTE button works. You click quote, it goes red and then you click reply. It means you can put multiple quotes in replies with ease.

Aha, now I see. Thanks doc.

You may notice that there are TWO quote buttons. Use the one with the quotation marks for just replying to that post, use the one with the + mark for multiple quotes.

(I think)

I really don't understand all this newfangled technology. What do people mean by "chat" ?

Isn't that what we do here anyway?

I really don't understand all this newfangled technology. What do people mean by "chat" ?

Isn't that what we do here anyway?

There was recentluy for a shortish time a sectoin called chat. It may not of gone well since it seems to be gone now. It used those Java aplet things which may not of worked well witnh some systems.

Administrators or moderators probably know more about this and the wheres and whyfors.

Guests can't post anymore?? Admittedly, I hated some of the guests who posted (!), but some did provide quality entertainment! And some of them sparked some really good, proper, lively debates as well. Is there no middle ground? I mean, I don't like it when the threads are overrun by crappy, pointless guest posts, but on the other hand, surely there's room for some guest posts? Maybe the "Irate Visitors" thread could remain open to them?

Another problem with this (well, as I see it anyway, as mentioned elsewhere) is: won't this lead to zillions of people becoming members, posting something crappy once or twice, and then disappearing into oblivion? Or worse yet, not disappearing, and having rights that guests don't have, so that we have to put up with them? Nightmare!

(And this from a member whose computer was practically knackered by a nasty guest's link over the weekend!)

Guests can't post anymore?? Admittedly, I hated some of the guests who posted (!), but some did provide quality entertainment! And some of them sparked some really good, proper, lively debates as well. Is there no middle ground? I mean, I don't like it when the threads are overrun by crappy, pointless guest posts, but on the other hand, surely there's room for some guest posts? Maybe the "Irate Visitors" thread could remain open to them?

Another problem with this (well, as I see it anyway, as mentioned elsewhere) is: won't this lead to zillions of people becoming members, posting something crappy once or twice, and then disappearing into oblivion? Or worse yet, not disappearing, and having rights that guests don't have, so that we have to put up with them? Nightmare!

There is (unfortunately),a lot of truth in that IE+

Give them their own thread

I must say old chap that it looks a bit strange but i'm sure that all us Deathlisters have either got used to it or are getting used to it (i'm the second). :P