That's it folks. Keep feeding the troll.

Which one? :scratchhead:

Guest Lá an Lúbáin

A wee bird tells me that Ian is in the Ulster Hospital. And that Jim Prior thought he was schizophrenic.

A wee bird tells me that Ian is in the Ulster Hospital. And that Jim Prior thought he was schizophrenic.

Link

Guest Guest

Maybe your 'wee bird' could provide some evidence that he's in hospital and if so what's wrong with him. I'm sceptical

Why don't you just fucking register?

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Because I don't want people attacking me like they've done on other forums.It's safer to be anonymous

And that Jim Prior thought he was schizophrenic.

Only THIRTY YEARS late with this news.

DURING A MEETING with Minister for Foreign Affairs Peter Barry in October 1983, the then-Secretary of State for Northern Ireland James Prior referred to Ian Paisley as a schizophrenic.

Why don't you just fucking register?

He's been banned at least twice

Isn't that code for "going to hospital to die"?

Nah, it's usually code for a routine checkup. They usually cark it several months later after getting a clean bill of health.

Guest Guest

It's all gone very quiet since Paisley went into hospital last weekend. I suspect that's not good news for him.Anyone happen to have any insider info?

Paisley claims he was forced to quit as First Minister of Northern Ireland by Peter Robinson and co: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-25801295

They have responded, more or less, by calling him doo-lally, and saying he has damanged his historical legacy.

Guest Guest

bit wierd that he was in hospital for nearly 3 weeks and they didnt say what he was in for or what his condition now is. Could it be one of t hose 'nothing more can be done so going home to die' scenarios.? Often families go very quiet if they know their loved one is in his final days or weeks

Guest Guest

I think the death of Tony Benn increases the likelihood that Ian Paisley will die soon.They have both had a rapid decline in health in last couple of years with frequent long hospital stays.Benn was said to have been improving since his last hospital stay. Likewise they said Paisley was getting better but it's gone a bit quiet which suggests he might be more ill than they're letting on.

The one thing that might be keeping Paisley alive is the fact that his wife is still alive.Benn had less reason to live, I have a feeling that Paisley won't make 90 though

I think the death of Tony Benn increases the likelihood that Ian Paisley will die soon.They have both had a rapid decline in health in last couple of years with frequent long hospital stays.Benn was said to have been improving since his last hospital stay. Likewise they said Paisley was getting better but it's gone a bit quiet which suggests he might be more ill than they're letting on.

The one thing that might be keeping Paisley alive is the fact that his wife is still alive.Benn had less reason to live, I have a feeling that Paisley won't make 90 though

Interesting views there, Guest...

Ian Paisley and Tony Benn always got on very well and held each other in high regard. Paisley went as far as to describe Benn as his "oldest friend" in Parliament. Unlike Guest, I'm not sure that Benn's sad demise in itself makes it any more likely that Paisley will rapidly follow him to the grave, but, given their long-standing mutual affection for each other, I do think it is significant that Paisley hasn't made any public comment about Benn's death. Perhaps this signifies that he might now be in too poor physical or mental health to formulate or express an opinion on such matters?

Guest Guest

I do think it is significant that Paisley hasn't made any public comment about Benn's death. Perhaps this signifies that he might now be in too poor physical or mental health to formulate or express an opinion on such matters?

Yeah I noticed that too.That's partly why I mentioned him

I do think it is significant that Paisley hasn't made any public comment about Benn's death. Perhaps this signifies that he might now be in too poor physical or mental health to formulate or express an opinion on such matters?

Yeah I noticed that too.That's partly why I mentioned him

or perhaps he is keeping his personal sorrow personal and unlike the rest of the world does not feel the need in this instance to tell a load of people he neither know or probably likes his feelings on the death of a close friend

Guest Guest

Nevertheless don't be surprised if you hear about the death of Ian Paisley at any time

Nevertheless don't be surprised if you hear about the death of Ian Paisley at any time

Quite likely!!

• Like 2

Paisley has to be sooner rather than later (as in still breathing in a couple of years is implausible). We're talking heart failure in a man so old and frail that transplant surgery, or any other major heart operation, would probably kill him. Any care is palliative, so all that can be done is prolonging, not curing.