Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Dora Bryan

Well into her eighties and she just keeps going. Hell, she's old enough in A Taste of Honey and that was shot in 1960. Has she ever faced a major health scare?

The Lady

Well into her eighties and she just keeps going. Hell, she's old enough in A Taste of Honey and that was shot in 1960. Has she ever faced a major health scare?

Cant find any - too good to be true?

Too good nowt, the clock is ticking, just a bit slower than it does for others.

What better way to resurrect a long-dormant thread with news that Dora is to make her first public appearance in 5 years (since her husband's funeral).

Crikey!This is surprising I`m sure I read that she was senile and bedridden several years ago!She must be related to Ronnie Biggs to make a public comeback like this.I can`t help but wonder if there is a financial incentive though as Cliff Richard had to host a fundraiser about 4 years ago due to the ongoing cost of her care.

F**** sake. No mention of the dementia she is supposed to have. Thats hit my chances of winning but at least I can drop her from 2014 lists.

F**** sake. No mention of the dementia she is supposed to have. Thats hit my chances of winning but at least I can drop her from 2014 lists.

Not explicitly stated, but if we try reading between the lines ....

Dora’s son William Lawton, 51, said: “My brother Daniel and I are delighted that this wonderful tribute to my mother is happening now, during her lifetime. I have told her about it and she seemed really pleased and happy.

“She is rather frail and is confined to a wheelchair, but I am determined to try to get her to the exhibition, even if all she does is to cut a ribbon to declare it open.

She "seemed really pleased and happy" in that photo of her at her husband's funeral, too. Just saying.

Here's the local news report of the exhibition's opening, with a brief appearance of Dora herself.

I'll leave it up to the individual to decide if she warrants inclusion in any pools next year.

Fucking tragic.

Life really is a total c**t.

On that evidence those of us with her in the squad for 2013 shouldn't give up hope.

She seems strong in mind, but still very frail. This is reminiscent of my gran who died when she was 87. I'd say put her on the list for next year.

2 years, tops...

Hardlly ridden with dementia, is she?

I suspect she'll go next year a la Bill Pertwee who appeared at an event incredibly frail and then soon after his body simply gave up on him. But the trick is whether she is worth the rather meagre points haul she would now bring. I have no doubt her, Mandela and so on simply cannot go on for much longer, but one Katherine Crowe is equal two of them.

Dora Bryan

There was a thread somewhere on her health but I can't find it.

Dora Bryan

There was a thread somewhere on her health but I can't find it.

Oh crap, I left her off all my lists.

What better way to resurrect a long-dormant thread with news that Dora is to make her first public appearance in 5 years (since her husband's funeral).

Dora will shortly be making another public appearance.In her coffin.. http://www.theargus....ess_Dora_Bryan/

See two posts above yours. Also, I thought you were banned?

Different IP.

Different IP.

More likely just a tor broswer, which you can ban most of using third party software. (Or you use to be able to anyway). There's definitely a list of Tor IPs published somewhere

Oops.

• Like 1

Actually went to the Dora Bryan exhibition mentioned in that article up there. First ever person to have appeared on "This Is Your Life" twice apparently.

Actually went to the Dora Bryan exhibition mentioned in that article up there. First ever person to have appeared on "This Is Your Life" twice apparently.

She should re-spawn any minute then?

Hardlly ridden with dementia, is she?

I suspect she'll go next year a la Bill Pertwee who appeared at an event incredibly frail and then soon after his body simply gave up on him. But the trick is whether she is worth the rather meagre points haul she would now bring. I have no doubt her, Mandela and so on simply cannot go on for much longer, but one Katherine Crowe is equal two of them.

Well as Mandela didn't even make the starting line and Crowe got me points, I don't regret this, although I KNEW she'd died the year I dropped her off my DDP team for the first time in aeons. Ah well.

RIP Dora, always enjoyable to watch.

Dropped her from my list a couple of years back, didn't even make my reserves this year. Damn. RIP Dora.

I met her a couple of times, once in Brighton in the 70's, the second when she was filming Last of the Summer Wine. She looked frail then and had a couple of assistants with her when opening a charity shop in Huddersfield raising money for Dementia sufferers.

Of course she is another one off the list of surviving Carry On survivors, and classic British Comedy film actresses.