Anubis the Jackal

Ali Farka Toure

Ahoy-hoy.

Apologies for absence and all that...

I hear that Legendary Malian guitarist Ali Farka Toure, much loved by middle-class couples who wear macramed headgear and dance in an interpretive fashion at WOMAD is suffering from cancer. No details on google yet, but well worth a shout for '07...opinion anyone?

Ahoy-hoy.

I hear that Legendary Malian guitarist Ali Farka Toure, much loved by middle-class couples who wear macramed headgear and dance in an interpretive fashion at WOMAD is suffering from cancer. No details on google yet, but well worth a shout for '07...opinion anyone?

In my opinion macramed headgear is overrated.

Ahoy-hoy.

In my opinion macramed headgear is overrated.

And you are quite correct in saying that

629Sntp_Africanhat.jpg

Shouting is tres uncouth........even with a brandy snifter in your hand.

(((you asked for na opinion))))

He's not been a well chap for a few years. Decent bet. Should get an obit, especially as he was featured heavily in one of Michael Palin's travel documentaries - Sahara, I believe. Palin was of the presumption that he was well known worldwide, so.. maybe...

Ahoy-hoy.

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully he will survive for another 10 1/2 months, so that he can go on my next year's ddp list.

Does he qualify by being mayor of Niafunke ?

Sounds like a groovy place to live.

Ahoy-hoy.

Now I consider myself to be a reasonably erudite sort of cove, well travelled and knowledgeable in the ways of the world; able to keep up with contemporary thinking and movements in both the cultural and political worlds, and to confound Josco Junior with my grasp of current modern music and trends.

I am sorry, but I have to ask: Who?

Now I consider myself to be a reasonably erudite sort of cove, well travelled and knowledgeable in the ways of the world; able to keep up with contemporary thinking and movements in both the cultural and political worlds, and to confound Josco Junior with my grasp of current modern music and trends.

Do you mean you dance spectacularly and vigorously in your beige cardigan at JJ's school discos? Rather like the dancing that your 'little man' does incessantly.

'Mm, it's got a good beat', as Hugh Dennis used to say.

Your "little man" would look great in a beige cardigan. :)

Do you mean you dance spectacularly and vigorously in your beige cardigan at JJ's school discos? Rather like the dancing that your 'little man' does incessantly.

'Mm, it's got a good beat', as Hugh Dennis used to say.

Actually I don't dance any more since Mrs Josco pointed out that it was a most inelegant form of movement. Only if I am particularly smashed do I ever venture on to a dance floor.

And Lady Die, what is wrong with beige?

And Lady Die, what is wrong with beige?

I never said there was anything wrong with beige. In fact it's my favourite "colour".

No use putting him on the 2007 list, then.

regards,

Hein

Good spotting on the part of Anibuis the Jackal though. Equals out his karma for starting the Ivor Cutler thread.

Yeah that's right. I went there. :)

Paul, is that former US soccer football star Alexi Lalas with the strange headgear on your avatar?!

(Of course, this will make no sense as soon as you change it!)

Guest Omniares

Ali Farka Toure died today March 7

See Here

Paul, is that former US soccer football star Alexi Lalas with the strange headgear on your avatar?!

(Of course, this will make no sense as soon as you change it!)

No way, it is Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor. I have resurrected him to fight off the dark Lord Cthulhu and all the evil garbage that he and his pointless ranter minions are spreading throughout the forums. A fox on that beast!

Guest birog
Ahoy-hoy.

I've heard he died today

Guest Sandy
Ahoy-hoy.

Aparently that delightful man who did a great album with Ry Cooder died today. Trying to find out but can't get any details.