Sign in to follow this  
Susan

Michael Crawford

Be kind to a newbie, please.

Michael Crawford's my choice. He dropped out of "The Woman in White" in 2004 after 4 months due to "ill health." This is a pattern for him. The same reason was given for his leaving a very lucrative deal in Las Vegas. He's frequently seen in a wheelchair.

• Like 1

Michael Crawford's my choice. He dropped out of "The Woman in White" in 2004 after 4 months due to "ill health." This is a pattern for him. The same reason was given for his leaving a very lucrative deal in Las Vegas. He's frequently seen in a wheelchair.

Welcome!

Interesting choice - any more research?

No recent news that I could find though, which doesn't really tell us anything either way unfortunately.

Welcome to DL!

Maybe it's a phantom illness. :)

true dat - I hear he's going to have an Opera-tion very soon.

Betty doesn't.

Betty doesn't.

Quite Frank-ly, I agree with Rick. Every day, in every way, he's getting better and better.

Betty doesn't.

Quite Frank-ly, I agree with Rick. Every day, in every way, he's getting better and better.

That's because he's trying to mask the symptoms.

Guest Guest

A friend of mine saw him in concert in Australia last night ( 20th ), and he was excellent .......

Not sure where you got the wheelchair bit from , maybe he'd sprained an ankle, and was using it for that ( people DO use wheelchairs for minor complaints , doesn't mean they are on deaths door ! )

So, he does have a thread, but it hasn't been activated since 2006. Probably worth blowing the dust off, as he's more likely to enter our sphere of interest in the next few years. Popped up on Strictly tonight (Bill Bailey was dancing to Phantom and he wished him good luck) and he looked...old. Nothing more, nothing less. Spoke slowly, didn't sound like he really watched Strictly, despite his claims to the otherwise but otherwise looked in decent enough health.

He's 79 now and spoke about having ME in 2011. According to this BBC article he popped up at the 30th Anniversary of Phantom in the encore in 2016, hurrying over from starring in his own musical 'The Go-Between'. That same year, he did a ludicrously ambitious recreation of Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em for Sport Relief (doing his own stunts as per) so he was still in pretty good fettle then. But as far as Wiki's concerned, he hasn't starred in anything on the West End since.

Anyway, having seen him and having discovered he has a thread, I thought it didn't hurt to bump him up in people's consciousnesses. :rolleyes: Don't think he's in immediate danger though.

• Like 1

Here's a photo in case anyone missed it. I think he looks pretty good for 79 to be honest. 

EogCJ67W4AEt9Ht.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Michael Crawford and Michelle Dotrice on BBC Four just now chatting about Some Mother's. Both look and sound great and, barring accidents, won't be troubling us for a while.

Dotrice looks a lot like her dad now.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, msc said:

Michael Crawford and Michelle Dotrice on BBC Four just now chatting about Some Mother's. Both look and sound great and, barring accidents, won't be troubling us for a while.

Dotrice looks a lot like her dad now.

Michael looks like a cross between Phil Davis and Alan Bennett. And Mike Yarwood too, oddly enough.

• Like 2