Death Watch Beatle

Magic Johnson, And Other Basketball Players

17 hours ago, wannamaker said:

Knew who he was before I was interested in basketball, one of the greatest ever players. RIP Celtics legend.

Tell that to @TQR and his ‘Committee of Five’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Tell that to @TQR and his ‘Committee of Five’.

What’s that word Americans use? ‘Butthurt’ or something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like Dick Vitale is a name you can cross off any 2023 shortlists

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Jonathan Tjarks an NBA Journalist who has worked with SB Nation and The Ringer is in Hospice Care . Was diagnosed with stage iv Sarcoma Cancer in 2021 which has a low 5 year survival rate. Latest update is a grim one

• Like 1

Charlie Brown (Wiki), basketball player, known for his All-American college career at Seattle University, as well as his role as a part of two championship teams at DuSable High School in Chicago dead at 86

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gisooo said:

Charlie Brown (Wiki), basketball player, known for his All-American college career at Seattle University, as well as his role as a part of two championship teams at DuSable High School in Chicago dead at 86

Good grief. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 03/09/2022 at 23:18, CaptainChorizo said:

Jonathan Tjarks an NBA Journalist who has worked with SB Nation and The Ringer is in Hospice Care . Was diagnosed with stage iv Sarcoma Cancer in 2021 which has a low 5 year survival rate. Latest update is a grim one

Jonathan Tjarks dead. Found this out entirely as The Ringer is host to an intermittent Jeopardy column.

• Like 2

Lucious Jackson, a former star with the Philadelphia 76ers and a 1964 Olympic gold medalist, has died. He was 80. Jackson played with Philadelphia from 1964 to 1972. He was a member of the 1966-67 championship team.

https://www.si.com/nba/2022/10/13/lucious-jackson-former-76ers-star-and-olympic-gold-medalist-has-died

• Like 1

Basketball Hall of Famer Dikembe Mutombo undergoing treatment for a brain tumor… pencil him in your lists.

• Like 1

American basketball player Rollie Seltz (Wikidead at 98

• Like 2

Tweet reporting the death of Crispa Redmanizers and Detroit Spirits player Cyrus Mann (wiki), aged 66, from COVID-19.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, tracy said:

Tony Brown dead at 55.

Here’s his QO

• Like 2

Comeback starts here. I just wanted to give Spade an, err, 47 point headstart...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Salmon Mousse said:

In a bit of disbelief that an NBA referee got a UK QO

A very obscure Dutch-American chemical engineer/scientist/astronaut who I'm sure only I know of got a QO recently and if even someone like him can get a QO, an NBA referee can definitely get one. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Yahoo is always gonna scrape the bottom of the barrel. That said, he got far more coverage at his death than I ever anticipated. 

• Like 2

Had a strong feeling Brown would QO: he wasn't just a run-of-the-mill basketball ref, he was in the stripes for the 2020 NBA Finals. Reason I didn't pick him was I thought he'd hold on for 2023 and I could play him then. Ah well, we move.

• Like 1

But in the AOP he was rejected :angry:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Salmon Mousse said:

a Vice President for a subpar Spanish football team got a QO so I’m not surprised anymore

• Like 2

With Brown I thought there was probably an 80% chance he’d QO. Didn’t pick him because he was going back to work in some capacity so I thought he’d probably make 2023. With recent news he would’ve been a lock for me in everything. How she goes sometimes. 

• Like 2

Billie Moore, the head coach of the first US women’s Olympic basketball team, the first head coach to lead two schools to national championships in women’s basketball and a member of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, has died. She was 79.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/15/sport/basketball-pioneer-billie-moore-dies-spt/index.html

• Like 2