Boudicca

The Deathlist Kitchen

A personal favorite dish, toast 2 slices of bread on one side and butter toasted side , take 1/2 a coliflower and cook in lightly salted water for about 5 minutes, make up a small quantity of cheese and mustard source, combine to make a coliflower and cheese source sandwich (obviously with the toasted side of the bread inward), yum

Best regards

Syd

What is the source of cheese? A cow?

Ah from your comment I take it I have made some error in the spelling department . . . I have lived with dislexia for 43 of my 48 years and all the mockery that entails so join the que. Hope you got some pleasure from my obviously sub moron inteligence level . . . .

Best regards

Syd

PS did you not spot the obvious spelling error in my signiure then only used that a few tens of times on here. . .get a life!

Spelling errors or no, it sounds fucking horrible! :D

I think it would be better with the toasted sides outward, then you would get the cheese sauce soaking into the bread.

I can think of tastier treats, though.

How about this:

Chien Cantillion

Ingredients:

A good-sized, moderately aged dog. A poodle feeds 6 - 8.

100 grams of butter

1 tablespoon of rosemary

1 tablespoon of basil

pepper

salt

2 onions

garlic

2 bottles of Cantillion Kriek

wheat flour

Cut the dog in handy chuncks. Rub the chunks with salt and pepper at will. Melt the butter in a skillet and fry the chunks of dog till golden brown. Add the Kriek and the herbs and reduce heat when the beer boils.

Cut onions to rings and add to skillet. Cut garlic, as much as you like, to small pieces and add to skillet. Let simmer for 1h 30'.

Use flour to thicken gravy. Serve with fried potatoes, Belgian endive and Hoegaarden Grand Cru.

regards,

Hein

How about this:

Chien Cantillion

Ingredients:

A good-sized, moderately aged dog. A poodle feeds 6 - 8.

100 grams of butter

1 tablespoon of rosemary

1 tablespoon of basil

pepper

salt

2 onions

garlic

2 bottles of Cantillion Kriek

wheat flour

Cut the dog in handy chuncks. Rub the chunks with salt and pepper at will. Melt the butter in a skillet and fry the chunks of dog till golden brown. Add the Kriek and the herbs and reduce heat when the beer boils.

Cut onions to rings and add to skillet. Cut garlic, as much as you like, to small pieces and add to skillet. Let simmer for 1h 30'.

Use flour to thicken gravy. Serve with fried potatoes, Belgian endive and Hoegaarden Grand Cru.

regards,

Hein

This is absolutely outrageous.......how on earth can you boil perfectly good beer?!

• Like 1

How about this:

Chien Cantillion

Ingredients:

*snip*

regards,

Hein

You are no longer invited to my kennel....er.....house.

Does all dog taste the same? I would have thought there would have been prime cuts and not so prime. In parts of the Philippines dog ears are a popular breakfast dish. But that seems to me to be quite a lot of dog that gets wasted.

In Cambodia a few years ago I was offered deep fried spiders, coated in batter and served in soy sauce. Not sure of the species of spider but they were large-ish about 5 inches across the legs with a round abdomen about an inch across, They looked tasty but the beloved Mrs Sydney said I was not allowed to have one on account of her extreme dislike of spiders, missed opportunity I think looking back on it.

Best regards

Syd

In Vietnam where dog is also popular my understanding is that it is like any other meat, you get different cuts prepared in different ways. I also believe, from what the tourist guide said, that most of it tends to be cooked in stews because the dogs are kept for longer than most animals raised for food. They tend to be guard dogs and working animals that have come to the end of their working life so the meat is a bit stringy. However if it is a younger dog then a chop or stake grilled or fried is perfectly acceptable. Never eaten it myself and it is sold in special restaurants.

Best regards

Syd

eating dogs should NOT be allowed.

An interesting statement, firstly who is to "allow" or "dis-allow" the eating of dog, or any other animal for that matter? surely it is a matter of personal and cultural choice what you consume, not something that is dictated from one society to another.

Secondly, why? Eating an omnivore like a dog is a little more risky than a herbivore, but we eat pigs in this country. True you are more likely to get parasites from an omnivore, hence the proscription in certain religions and societies, but the risk is small if you cook it properly.

I believe grey squirrel is quite tasty and while not common, it is quite often eaten in Portugal, and by a friend of mine, another Omnivore.

Best regards

Syd

Ken Holmes has brought out a new healthy eating/exercise book, it's called 100 ways to wok your dog.

An interesting statement, firstly who is to "allow" or "dis-allow" the eating of dog, or any other animal for that matter? surely it is a matter of personal and cultural choice what you consume, not something that is dictated from one society to another.

Secondly, why? Eating an omnivore like a dog is a little more risky than a herbivore, but we eat pigs in this country. True you are more likely to get parasites from an omnivore, hence the proscription in certain religions and societies, but the risk is small if you cook it properly.

I believe grey squirrel is quite tasty and while not common, it is quite often eaten in Portugal, and by a friend of mine, another Omnivore.

Best regards

Syd

You have obviously never owned a dog.

I can't speak for Syd, but I haven't, not even a dead one. I've never cooked or eaten dog The recipe works fine with beef or mutton.

I had the opportunity to taste dog while on holiday in Indonesia1, but I let it pass because some in my company looked rather green while we discussed the menu.

I don't think it's a good idea to eat Spot, for the same reason you don't eat your pet rabbit. From that it doesn't follow that you can't eat an anonymous dog, preferably bought dead.

A friend of mine, no longer with us, claimed to have eaten cat, during the Hongerwinter.

1I've eaten several interesting animals in Indonesia: sting ray, sago worm and fruit bat come to mind.

regards,

Hein

I don't think it's a good idea to eat Spot, for the same reason you don't eat your pet rabbit. From that it doesn't follow that you can't eat an anonymous dog, preferably bought dead.

Not so, dogs are one of the animals that should never be eaten, irrespective of whether they were your pet or not.

Does all dog taste the same? I would have thought there would have been prime cuts and not so prime. In parts of the Philippines dog ears are a popular breakfast dish. But that seems to me to be quite a lot of dog that gets wasted.

I spent some time in Kiribati several years ago, where dogs were eaten not infrequently. Unlucky strays were generally bludgeoned to death with a rock, skinned, washed in seawater, gutted and roasted on a spit over an open fire. Nearly the whole animal was eaten and what remained was thrown away, usually to be picked on by...stray dogs. I'm not ashamed to admit that I partook in a dog and chilli sauce bap while I was there, which really wasn't too bad, although I'd add a bit less sauce next time.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I partook in a dog and chilli sauce bap while I was there, which really wasn't too bad, although I'd add a bit less sauce next time.

You ate a hot dog?

Best regards

Syd

Hi,

actually I grew up with a dog, from 5 to 18 years old, I was very fond of it and was upset when It had to be put down. However I still would have no problem with eating dog provided I knew it was clean, eating a stray I would have problems with on the grounds I stated before about omnivores carrying parasites. I would not eat a family pet, and in my case that would be very unlikley as I have no wish to keep a dog or cat as a pet but as food I see few issues.

Best regrads

Syd

My sister used to sit in the back yard and eat grasshoppers.

Bring 'em to the Texas State Fair. We'll deep fry anything. Started with corn dogs and moved on to such delights as fried butter, fried CocaCola, fried bubblegum, fried beer, fried salsa, fried ice cream, fried pineapple upside down cake....the list goes on and on and on and your arteries clang shut from across the city.

Bring 'em to the Texas State Fair. We'll deep fry anything. Started with corn dogs and moved on to such delights as fried butter, fried CocaCola, fried bubblegum, fried beer, fried salsa, fried ice cream, fried pineapple upside down cake....the list goes on and on and on and your arteries clang shut from across the city.

deep fried bounty bar now that is nice ever had it?

your post also reminded me of one of the nicest experimental dishes i ever tried ' coca cola chicken ' anyone who hasn't tried needs too very tasty indeed .

Is CocaCola chicken anything like Beer Can Chicken?

Not really. Along with other things the coca cola chicken doesn't use the can as a stuffing. Coca cola chicken also has a decidedly sweeter taste although to really get the sweet you need Pepsi.

Personally the best was original Dr.Pepper chicken where the chicken marinated in the soda overnight.

Remember people when making these soda and or beer chickens to use metal cans. Use the cans. Don't use the bottles. Beer bottles are glass and usually break with the heat and the soda bottles are plastic which destroys an otherwise good meal.

• Like 1