Boudicca

The Deathlist Kitchen

I've used up my reaction quota (this will be discussed <_<) but like like like! They are perfectly baked. Not insipid not overcooked. Fab.

• Like 2

Forum has a reaction quota?

I had no idea. Just tried to like your post  just now and "sorry you have used them" ffs :lol:

I'll sort it <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't made one of these in ages.

Before:

20180507_185149.jpg

After:

20180507_201435.jpg

• Like 3

This is absolutely dreadful news. What a terrible time to be alive. Seriously.

And it'll be Salad Cream when we get the Cat O' Falk Cookbook crowdfunded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Won't people confuse it with Sandwich Spread?  A vile-looking concoction that looks like someone has vomited over the bread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boudicca said:

This is absolutely dreadful news. What a terrible time to be alive. Seriously.

And it'll be Salad Cream when we get the Cat O' Falk Cookbook crowdfunded.

If Cat suggests that his salad cream is 'full of protein' I'd advised you to run like fuck.:lol:

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

Won't people confuse it with Sandwich Spread?  A vile-looking concoction that looks like someone has vomited over the bread.

Yes, good call!!

I remember a jar of that in the house when I was a lad, it was the nearest thing to looking like cat vomit as I have ever seen.

Vile stuff.

51 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yes, good call!!

I remember a jar of that in the house when I was a lad, it was the nearest thing to looking like cat vomit as I have ever seen.

Vile stuff.

It was never in our house, but I encountered it in the home of a friend.

My mother wouldn't tolerate Salad Cream either.  Horrid stuff. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Is nothing sacred?

Heinz to change name of Salad Cream to Sandwich Cream. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-5807813/Heinz-set-change-Salad-Cream-SANDWICH-Cream-104-years.html

Sandwich Cream sounds like the upper middle class version of a Dirty Biscuit imo.......:lol:

Before I open this link, I believe I’m experiencing a culture clash.  I don’t claim to be versed on all ‘57 varieties’ but I’ve not heard of ‘salad cream’ so changing it’s name is of little effect.  I know there is salad spread which is their bullshit ‘mayo’.  There’s also a creamed concoction with horseradish that may be called sandwich spread.  But I’m pretty sure American grocery shelves are immune to anything called salad cream.   And now I shall open the link...

SC

Edit: OK I’ve never seen that in my life.  Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist here, but companies do market for regional desires.  Thus all the Cajun crap on the shelves where I’m at and not 100 miles later in any direction

• Like 1

Salad cream is exactly that 'a bullshit mayo' so I suspect salad spread is the same thing on the other side of the pond (Phantom might know having lived and not just visited both).

Add a few bits of crap to same and call it sandwich spread instead of salad spread. All puke making in my view.

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Not sure what food group chines are in.

They're the pissed off cousins of chives. :D

• Haha 1

It's CRAWFISH SEASON once again, as you well know in the UK :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well, ok, we all aren't as blessed us folk in Acadiana.  But fear not!  It's ok!  You can learn the in's and out's of your first crawfish boil by watching this gem from the Cooking Channel -- out of Nashville, Tennessee.  That's right -- Nashville, about 500 miles from the nearest crawfish.
Enjoy the commentary. :)
SirC

• Haha 1

By incredibly popular demand:  Dill Pickle Soup (zupa as the Poles say, and to my knowledge they invented this):
Plenty of photos so that the Admins can hate me.  Any you can too!  But remember who walked you through this so that you could enjoy the best soup ever.
Note 1. The recipe, Zosia’s, can be found online. My changes are noted, and the idea was to make it as close to the restaurants of Hamtramck, MI as possible.

49309830_1985245468224310_1726542261325398016_n.jpg

Note 2. Buy a 14-cup (3.3L) Cuisinart food processor w **proper blade attachment** (pictured below). This ain’t no time to play...this is serious shit.  But if you are serious about anything in your kitchen you have this appliance already.  If you don't have one, you can search for one or marry a person who has one.  Just sayin.

1100.jpg

Note 3: ALWAYS get the celery veins the F outta there no matter what, I don’t care if you’re serving a salad, or celery and cream cheese.  NO ONE wants to floss with celery.

33.jpg

44.jpg

Note 4: Carrots already done did. Adding the celery.

55.jpg

66.jpg

Note 5: Get four rather large spuds; utensils for scale. Don’t get wee spuds. 

77.jpg

88.jpg

Note 6: About the right thickness. Cube dat!

99.jpg

10.jpg

Note 7: Calls for 5 pickles, I wrote 4. So the jar had 6, so I chopped yellow areas away and figured we were at about 4-1/2, close enough.

111.jpg

122.jpg

Note 8: BTW we are doing all the pickle prep and other creamy mixes during the 25 or so minutes the first part is cooking.

144.jpg

Lagniappe:  Note the ARMSTRONG tartan teacup.  Aye, my clan weren't just North of the Wall, they WERE the fucking wall!

166.jpg

Note 9: Milk + flour. Pour the flour into the milk, numbskull, not the other way around.
Oh, and borrow your child’s whisk (if you can't find yours)....

177.jpg

Note 10: Temper it (add couple ladles hot soup) 3-4 times and pour it in

188.jpg

199.jpg

200.jpg

Note 11: Ok add some of dat pickle jar juice (could have been done way earlier but whatever—at any time during the process is fine).  BE CAREFUL. I’d say 3/4 cup. Probably more but taste it, don’t want to cross the imaginary line of salty destruction.  I've thrown out an entire batch of dill pickle zupa before at this stage.  No fun.

211.jpg

Note 12: Temper dat sour cream egg slop, 3-4 times, throw it in dare.

222.jpg

Note 13:  In it goes and you're done basically.
Pepper, fresh dill or parsley if you like (I rarely do it), I used dill weed small sprinkle. 
Absolutely Fabulous!

255.jpg

:) Serve in some depression glass from 1941 you have laying around, proving you're an 80-yr old woman trapped in a man's body.

266.jpg

• Like 4

Apparently I invented a healthy pile of shite.  Tuna fish, organic of course mayo, and threw in about 10 slices of dill pickle and a half package of grape tomatoes.  Dash of pepper and 'Slap Ya Mama' and that was it.  Like a tuna fish sandwich minus the bread.  
"Who puts pickles on tuna?" she asked.   I have no idea.  It worked.

SC

When you’ve no choice but to cook out of a micro-oven, don’t limit yourself to microwave pizza.  Cook a goddamn steak and baked potato, you deserve it!

Potato: 5 minutes, flip, 4 minutes.  Another minute if necess.  
Steak: Sprinkle what you like wee bit o’ salt pepper garlic powder rosemary, but you WILL put a good amount of Montreal Steak seasoning on ANY piece of meat!  Dae it!

Put that thing on for maybe 3 or 4 minutes and whilst that happening cut open that bee-otch (potato) and slather with Kerrygold®️ And some Italian seasoning w dash salt pepper if ya like.  Now check on that steak before you turn it into rubber.  Should be starting to cook on one side; flip and cook til finished (maybe 3 minutes).  Should be pink on inside - if you eat steak beyond medium rare you should be shot and fed to pigs.  In fact this one is overcooked about 20 seconds.  But it’s pretty decent.  Note the high tech micro-oven I used :rolleyes:, and the rock samples in the foreground maybe 120 million years old. :old:  Those my clean cooking area conditions.

SirC

19C7CB4A-AF00-4B86-8951-64A39F8F4203.jpeg

91760988-E2A3-4AF1-98BE-213B2D4755C0.jpeg

095B3455-643A-4326-A7CC-C6081DA3DE0A.jpeg

39354B62-D300-478A-8F2E-16F9F823C806.jpeg

Not from a kitchen but from a Swiss-owned factory somewhere, my reward for my first hit in 2020:

coffincrisp.jpg

• Like 1

‘Muricans. Is this how you cook???

EDIT: They’ve blocked the video from being embedded so it doesn’t appear unless you click on the tweet. Basically some absolute fud shoved a carrot and half a lemon up a chicken’s arris, smothered it in about 8 tonnes of gloopy butter and smacked it in the oven on a bed of rice and salted peaches. 

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

‘Muricans. Is this how you cook???

EDIT: They’ve blocked the video from being embedded so it doesn’t appear unless you click on the tweet. Basically some absolute fud shoved a carrot and half a lemon up a chicken’s arris, smothered it in about 8 tonnes of gloopy butter and smacked it in the oven on a bed of rice and salted peaches. 

Where does it suggest anyone involved is American?

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Where does it suggest anyone involved is American?

Chefclub Original is.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11087249/marks-spencer-marmite-butter-cheese/

Marks & Spencer has teamed up with Marmite to sell cream cheese and butter tasting of the popular spread.

Whether you love it or hate it, the new items rolled out in M&S stores March 4.

SC