Boudicca

The Deathlist Kitchen

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/11087249/marks-spencer-marmite-butter-cheese/

Marks & Spencer has teamed up with Marmite to sell cream cheese and butter tasting of the popular spread.

Whether you love it or hate it, the new items rolled out in M&S stores March 4.

SC

God sake.

I’d rather lick the musty innards of my dead grandad’s bladder.

On 19/03/2020 at 03:34, The Quim Reaper said:

God sake.

I’d rather lick the musty innards of my dead grandad’s bladder.

With taste buds like that, best you do that and leave Marmite and Marmite products to people of culture.  I’m not sure if anyone has ever embarrassed themselves more on these forum pages.  I attached your post so you couldn’t delete it lol :P

26 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

With taste buds like that, best you do that and leave Marmite and Marmite products to people of culture.  I’m not sure if anyone has ever embarrassed themselves more on these forum pages.  I attached your post so you couldn’t delete it lol :P

I can definitely think of someone.

Reginald D Hunter, off of Americans, once nailed what Marmite is like:

Today is perfect grilled cheese sandwich day.  Sadly it’s not perfect photo day but I will amend the one bad photo later.

1. put Kerrygold in your pan.  I didn’t say butter.  I said Kerrygold.  Substitute something else from Ireland if you must.  

EABEA8A2-84E5-445E-A042-325D5D86E1B1.jpeg

2. I never eat anything but organic bread, unless and until it’s grilled cheese.  Artisano by Sara Lee is thick and soft (save your comments).  If you’ve an alternative, great.  Not really.  Artisano or bust.

3C1A2801-ADC3-480E-874C-46287CAD640D.jpeg

3. The Kerrygold - which you did not refrigerate - is spreadable.  Thin coat one side.

DFF31B5A-E806-4ED3-8C03-1395655792DA.jpeg

4. Kerrygold side down.  Cool maybe 2 minutes, but check don’t let it burn ffs.  

EC682AF3-4E14-4CC7-9B13-7E279A803507.jpeg

5. While your two minutes is ticking put another thin coat of Kerrygold on rest of bread.

65FF9B22-B01E-4A95-A842-D3F44CA59199.jpeg

6. Shite photo - but I flipped it so you got the idea how cooked it should be.  Lightly browned.

1E7B43E1-FD12-4797-9F6A-71F83D9361DA.jpeg

7. Get cheese on there.  Mild cheddar (from deli) works.  Pick your poison.

A365A1EB-1414-4188-AF08-D57A64597578.jpeg

8. If necessary cover for a minute to trap heat/melt cheese.  All this only takes a couple minutes so maybe not necess.

19005394-B88C-4141-9096-771B44DEC389.jpeg

9. As Monty Python says: Put things on top of other things.  Damn perfect as usual.

4A8263C8-C1F0-45ED-8B5E-0B80E9651BC5.jpeg

10. Give to munchkin.

93BDA85C-6134-4898-AEBD-33E086CDF47F.jpeg

I’ve always pondered the logic of frying an (imitation) cheese sandwich in (imitation) butter, and calling it ‘grilled’. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/03/2006 at 14:31, Boudicca said:

I like Tuna Pasta.

Recipe?

interesting post, this.  14 years hence.

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

interesting post, this.  14 years hence.

What is your point? Are you making this? No.

Anyways don't imperialists call it "tuna casserole" the absolute weirdos?

Or post that thing you do with AUBERGINES, which are NOT EVER called eggplants except by barbarians. Or that pizza. I don't care. These are desperate times. 

33 minutes ago, Boudicca said:

Or post that thing you do with AUBERGINES

Is it this?

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

46 minutes ago, Toast said:

Is it this?

That’s the one.

Published in 1989, just as chariots were becoming fuel-injected and manifolds obsolete, so too was Manifold Destiny as it went to print.

I love this obtuse recipe book.  Good for driving over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house - so long as said house is 60 miles (or 90 minutes) away.  I’m including a recipe for local doves, which explains why I’ve seen nary a dove in Louisiana.

Of course there are a couple condescending pages explaining to women what an engine looks like after opening a car hood for the first time ;) showing where the hot spots are (presumably a person couldn’t figure that out with their sense of touch and sensory impulse). 

I just put this book in my ‘discard’ pile but will send free of charge to anyone who wants it.

SirC

4AF486F5-95DA-4811-A585-C1DBCAE5FE2E.jpeg

C07689A3-00D9-43EA-AF08-07145098A8C7.jpeg

41FC594C-07CB-456C-A8A7-7FE15D93086F.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Published in 1989, just as chariots were becoming fuel-injected and manifolds obsolete, so too was Manifold Destiny as it went to print.

I love this obtuse recipe book.  Good for driving over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house - so long as said house is 60 miles (or 90 minutes) away.  I’m including a recipe for local doves, which explains why I’ve seen nary a dove in Louisiana.

Of course there are a couple condescending pages explaining to women what an engine looks like after opening a car hood for the first time ;) showing where the hot spots are (presumably a person couldn’t figure that out with their sense of touch and sensory impulse). 

I just put this book in my ‘discard’ pile but will send free of charge to anyone who wants it.

4AF486F5-95DA-4811-A585-C1DBCAE5FE2E.jpeg

C07689A3-00D9-43EA-AF08-07145098A8C7.jpeg

41FC594C-07CB-456C-A8A7-7FE15D93086F.jpeg

“And put it on a tray, bake at 4,000rpm for 20 minutes...”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

“And put it on a tray, bake at 4,000rpm for 20 minutes...”

It’s like you OWN the book!

• Like 2

TESCO, In store magazine, July/August 2020 issue, pp 32-33.

525F21F0-B2E5-4EDB-AFD6-1AF92F920DAA.jpeg

2CCBA4AD-F485-4B82-8260-E5A4EA268B8D.jpeg

• Confused 1

Oh, I get it now - you made it, and the second pic is yours.

image.png.d76acc6262f4770be433f578e1e186f4.png

I'm not wild about sweetcorn, but the second one sounds more my kind of thing.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Oh, I get it now - you made it, and the second pic is yours.

image.png.d76acc6262f4770be433f578e1e186f4.png

I'm not wild about sweetcorn, but the second one sounds more my kind of thing.

You found it.  I brought the mag home from the U.K. last week and gave it a try, as it sounded quick and easy.  Substitute bratwurst for official bangers (we do what we have to) and not sure how they kept avocado in pretty cubes - there’s photo ready recently thawed or unripened is my guess (or also not ‘stirred together’ as recipe says cuz otherwise should turn to slight mush, as mine has).

I did find actual frozen sweetcorn to my slight surprise.  I never ever have vegetable oil so use a good dollop of butter and done olive oil.  
WYSIWYG.  Cilantro and lime made this - tastes wonderful fwiw.  
I need this bi-monthly Tesco rag delivered to me lol.  I got Co-op too, try a couple things at some point.

SC

The fuck are Tesco playing at? It's a hot dog. It's supposed to be unsophisticated. It's supposed to appeal to people who've never heard of coriander and think avocados are for narcissistic millennials with rich parents.

Twat some fried jalapeños and a slice of Jack on there and whop your face into that bastard. Bosh.

(It does look nice)

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The fuck are Tesco playing at? It's a hot dog. It's supposed to be unsophisticated. It's supposed to appeal to people who've never heard of coriander and think avocados are for narcissistic millennials with rich parents.

Twat some fried jalapeños and a slice of Jack on there and whop your face into that bastard. Bosh.

(It does look nice)

It's not a hot dog!  It's a proper sausage, in a bread roll.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Toast said:

It's not a hot dog!  It's a proper sausage, in a bread roll.

Tesco begs to differ:

1D0C889E-9BEB-45FA-A664-6CD7F5A3C65F.jpeg.890a73e32ba9d1b3e9189b935e98352a.jpeg

5 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Tesco begs to differ:

TBF, Tescos wants to, I assume, 'sophisticate' their shoppers by creating succulent and tasty high brow meals but understands that may of its patrons still walk around dragging their knuckles along the tiled floors of their aisles.

Hot Dog is the compromise.:D

12 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

TBF, Tescos wants to, I assume, 'sophisticate' their shoppers by creating succulent and tasty high brow meals but understands that may of its patrons still walk around dragging their knuckles along the tiled floors of their aisles.

Hot Dog is the compromise.:D

It’s the human equivalent of polishing dog turds, isn’t it? Which, incidentally, is exactly what Tesco’s own brand sausages taste like. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

It’s the human equivalent of polishing dog turds, isn’t it? Which, incidentally, is exactly what Tesco’s own brand sausages taste like. 

They are trying to gentrify the kind of people who look like Phil Mitchell and drive 14 year old BMW convertibles with private number plates beginning with LIL or FIL with a metric shit ton of numbers after it.

Ain't gonna happen, is it! :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Tesco begs to differ:

OK, but if they're using proper sausages (and i'm not talking about those veggie wannabe horrors) then they're not hot dogs in my book.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

OK, but if they're using proper sausages (and i'm not talking about those veggie wannabe horrors) then they're not hot dogs in my book.

Sadly, this isn't even the most trivial and pedantic disagreement I've heard this week. Maybe it's the heat :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Sadly, this isn't even the most trivial and pedantic disagreement I've heard this week. Maybe it's the heat :lol:

There is absolutely nothing trivial about proper sausages.  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1