Boudicca

The Deathlist Kitchen

1 minute ago, Toast said:

There is absolutely nothing trivial about proper sausages.  :P

Now THAT we can agree on :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Sadly, this isn't even the most trivial and pedantic disagreement I've heard this week. Maybe it's the heat :lol:

Do tell.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Toast said:

OK, but if they're using proper sausages (and i'm not talking about those veggie wannabe horrors) then they're not hot dogs in my book.

I actually like veggie sausages

• Like 1

8D8AA8B7-BEC3-4BFD-B07F-A6202F660C4B.jpeg

Today's lunch was 2017 vintage cup-a-soup (Minestrone). I used fresh water though, I'm not a total heathen.

The Quim Mother’s portion sizes every time I ‘go back home’ for dinner:

B7AEFC26-CA65-471E-A922-A96935302BA1.thumb.jpeg.eb184b566511fc81f9a758ece053464e.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

The Quim Mother’s portion sizes every time I ‘go back home’ for dinner:

B7AEFC26-CA65-471E-A922-A96935302BA1.thumb.jpeg.eb184b566511fc81f9a758ece053464e.jpeg

My mums the same. Not had this in over a year thanks to covid and lockdowns...

Mum once came over to see the wean with what turned out to be a sealed container of enough mince and tatties to feed a small army as "she'd made too much, sorry, is it OK to give you some for dinner?" - to which the answer was obviously YES!!!!!!

• Like 1

Put a family-size sticky toffee pudding in the oven at 3am (the occasion called for it). The premade pudding was delicious but the cooling fan started going like the clappers when I turned off the heat. It's been 2 hours and I've had to leave the door cracked open with an apology note to whoever finds it in the morning. This cooking thing's not for me.

Logan Cemetery in Utah is home to a headstone that is gaining notoriety around the world thanks to photos posted online.
Aside from birth and death dates for Wade and Kathryn Andrews, the headstone displays a recipe for Kay’s Fudge.

Actually it’s a great obit and greater story; I rarely advise reading obits.  Do read this one. 

SC

D507E0CF-AC69-49C1-A1C3-CCB22011EB94.jpeg

• Like 4

On 28/09/2020 at 16:35, time said:

Today's lunch was 2017 vintage cup-a-soup (Minestrone). I used fresh water though, I'm not a total heathen.

More vintage soup for lunch...

image.png.91acfc57fb471e9b56a52cfabd3cb71b.png

Just tried a McPlant.

I’m actually quite impressed. Almost enough to occasionally allow some cows to live.

• Like 3

Three of my favourites 

Salmon pasta, spirali with pesto, smoked salmon (off cuts for taste) and pesto. Nice quick tea.

Chicken curry, Peri Piri garlic sauce I like mine hot, onion, tin of coconut milk and a sweet red pepper. Boiled rice. 

Teriyaki sauce, fish, chicken, a good standby excellent with noodles and chips.

D750BA03-082E-47C3-81B1-41CE23F3DD61.thumb.jpeg.9db5e791c24cb6ffbaa069e9ea9949f6.jpeg

Frittata started off with plenty of red onions, paprika, chorizo and then half a dozen eggs. Great with Reggae Reggae sauce.

• Like 2

I don't mind pineapple on a pizza.  It's chicken that has no business being on a pizza, in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

My brother decided it would be a good idea to get an air fryer, especially as they are clubcard discounted at Tesco.

So he's delivered it today. Tbh, I'm terrified of the thing, but it will take some getting used to. Any tips?

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

My brother decided it would be a good idea to get an air fryer, especially as they are clubcard discounted at Tesco.

So he's delivered it today. Tbh, I'm terrified of the thing, but it will take some getting used to. Any tips?

Send it back for a refund.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Just use the damn thing. Do what Clorox Sr did. Eat nothing but moist air-fried chicken and chips for 7 days to develop your skills. You won't die, and by the second week it should taste slightly better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Just use the damn thing. Do what Clorox Sr did. Eat nothing but moist air-fried chicken and chips for 7 days to develop your skills. By the second week it should taste slightly better.

Just had a square sausage sandwich. It was amazing.

I have no cooker, the microwave has been my friend for many years, but I have missed certain things. If this thing does all its bells and whistles, I'll be back buying bacon and pork chops and the like. 

I'll get the hang, hopefully.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

The important thing to know about an air-fryer is that at the end of the day, it is just an oven. A smaller and more fashionable oven admittedly, but an oven none the less. 

Turn it on. Put your food in. Take it out when it is done. 

You are welcome. 

• Haha 1

Stuff chips.

Baked potato king - 10 mins microwave - 10 mins air fryer (maybe a little longer both, depending on size). No cleaning needed. Result.

Mainly as AFB says, its just an oven. But its a fkn sight cheaper to run, most ovens are about 7KW or something awful which is ok if there's 5 of you I suppose but terrible for one.

• Thanks 1