eejit

Peter Osgood Dies

Bit of a shock that one. Aged 59 according to BBC news.

• Like 1

I reported this in "near misses" (beat you to it by a couple of minutes!)

BBC link

He didn't look too good here

Bit of a shock that one. Aged 59 according to BBC news.

Never heard of him, some type of ball kicker I gather.

BBC link

Doh! a search for Osgood returned no results.

Collapsed and died while attending a funeral. You really can't beat those 2 for 1 offers.

Collapsed and died while attending a funeral. You really can't beat those 2 for 1 offers.

Have you got a link for that?

Edit : Found it

BBC link

Nice to see some of us are still reporting deaths in the correct manner.

How odd, dying at a funeral. They should have chucked him in the oven there and then.

The very same place where Princess Margaret was cremated in 2002...

BBC link

How odd, dying at a funeral. They should have chucked him in the oven there and then.

They should put up a plaque - "Princess Margaret was cremated here & Peter Osgood died here"

BBC link

They should put up a plaque - "Princess Margaret was cremated here & Peter Osgood died here"

On his website you can still "Speak to Ossie Live" - via a medium maybe?

BBC link

And Ernie Wise was cremated there as well, little Ern was placed into a little urn.

It's been a long time since the chant of "Osgood is no good" drifted across the terraces at Stamford Bridge

It's been a long time since the chant of "Osgood is no good" drifted across the terraces at Stamford Bridge

I thought it was "Osgood is good". Surely Chelsea fans would have cheered him.

Anyway, the saying is now changed to "Osgood was good".

My aunt knew his aunt. Possibly still does. My aunt is still alive but I don't know whether Osgood's aunt is. Possibly he was at her funeral.

:)

Anyone reckon that Osgood was bumped off by the Russian mafia, who now run Chelsea, because he knew too much? :)

I thought it was "Osgood is good". Surely Chelsea fans would have cheered him.

Anyway, the saying is now changed to "Osgood was good".

Possibly at the start of his stay at Chelsea is was "Osgood is good" but towards the end when my dad went to see him play a couple of times, it became "Osgood is no good"

Possibly at the start of his stay at Chelsea is was "Osgood is good" but towards the end when my dad went to see him play a couple of times, it became "Osgood is no good"

But, to give him credit, he was still pretty classy at Southampton.

Hackenslash, he most likely was. A little before my time though. I offer him or his family no disrespect.

Any player to be called up to play for the national squad has made the grade. Even if they're called up 4 times like Osgood

Hackenslash, he most likely was. A little before my time though. I offer him or his family no disrespect.

Any player to be called up to play for the national squad has made the grade. Even if they're called up 4 times like Osgood

Thanks for the explanation on the Osgood is good/is no good history. Football fans can be such a fickle lot. I wonder if Rooney scores tonight how the Kop will respond. Bet it won't be booing.

I'm aware that Lady Die has posted this in Near Misses already, but is there any reason that this is still a thread? Is this one of those threads we'd rather have floating on the top of the DL forums instead of some others?

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood today, but you'd think after the big deal we just had over large numbers of threads, people, especially members who have been here a while, would know where recent deaths go.

Peter Osgood's death is big enough news, in the UK anyway, that having his own thread for a day or two seems alright. Because no one has ever heard of 99.9999999999999999999999% of the people who die that get mentioned in the "Near Misses" thread, having a separate thread for those deaths that are actually of interest to a large number of DL members makes sense.

Osgood was very good, and I say that as a Leeds United supporter. Leeds played all over Chelsea for two games in the FA Cup Final and replay in 1970 and the buggers still beat us, partly thanks to Osgood's goal. I'm sure they'll play it on telly tonight, yet another two minutes silence at Anfield I expect, maby four minutes if they include Ron Greenwood, double armbands all round.

I'm aware that Lady Die has posted this in Near Misses already, but is there any reason that this is still a thread? Is this one of those threads we'd rather have floating on the top of the DL forums instead of some others?

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood today, but you'd think after the big deal we just had over large numbers of threads, people, especially members who have been here a while, would know where recent deaths go.

Calm down, calm down. I've already dealt with this is a more subtle manner.

(But only because I didn't want it to look like I was picking on iain)

• Like 1