Our Sole

Nelson Mandela

HB. I hope when I'm 95 I'm being kept artificially alive in order to boost the re-election chances of an AIDS-denying polygamist.

• Like 4

Guest Guest

Mandela to be released from hospital 'sometime next week' if he continues to recover according to family members

The media is relentless .. they gave him an obituary a month ago when his family told them otherwise. Next time he pays a visit to the hospital his daughter should tell these people to mind their own business and "stay the fuck away". :rant:

Guest africa guy
The media is relentless .. they gave him an obituary a month ago when his family told them otherwise. Next time he pays a visit to the hospital his daughter should tell these people to mind their own business and "stay the fuck away". :rant:

Calm down bro.We should all just be thankful to God that the great Madiba has performed a miracle and risen from the dead.Now w e know for sure he is the new Christ!

Guest Guest

For those who still give a shit there was an official update on his condition today.Although he has improved a bit, he is still in a critical condition, so maybe some of the recent reports of him watching tv and getting out of hospital soon were a bit too rosy http://www.usatoday....alized/2574617/

For those who still give a shit there was an official update on his condition today.Although he has improved a bit, he is still in a critical condition, so maybe some of the recent reports of him watching tv and getting out of hospital soon were a bit too rosy http://www.usatoday....alized/2574617/

Why would we care about Mandela? - It was a baby BOY.

Guest guest

Why would we care about Mandela? - It was a baby BOY.

Sugar Baby Golden Boy Royal Leonard Windsor

House of Commons Speaker John Bercow is preparing to recall UK parliament from summer recess for death of Nelson Mandela http://www.dailymail...ies-recess.html

Disappointed that this wasn't more urgent but this is more to do with Tory in-fighting than Nelson.

In the event he does die I'm not sure that a message of condonlence from any back bench MP who wants to get notice is going to mean much. There should be an official response from the Queen and the Prime Minister and the rest can wait.

To quote Yzma "He ain't getting any deader"

We of course should send the official Deathlist message which after the past few weeks will probably read "About bloody time"

Guest Guest

Mandelas condition has started deteriorating again.He is said to have undergone at least one emergency operation in the past few days and the govt spokesman is sounding a lot gloomier than a week or so ago http://www.publicnew...goes-operation/

http://uk.news.yahoo...60.html#TV4uKON - the" alleged" surgery was to unblock a dialysis tube which if true means Mandela`s kidneys are now failing as well as his lungs ! After 50 days in hospital it is obvious he is never going to improve to the point of maintaining any quality of life!

Guest Guest

He's been on dialysis for a month now. I'm no medical expert but 5 weeks in critical condition for a frail old man like Mandela must be some kind of record surely!

It probably would be a record except he is most likely only alive due to his life support machine so I think Guinness World Records would refuse to accept his record for frailest old man !

Well... he outlived this thread, didn't he? Certainly no-one expected that. Everyone seems to have suddenly decided he is immortal. Or they've just run out of tasteless gags.

At this point I'd just like to chip in with my latest "prediction" to add to all the other baseless predictions. They keep saying he's improving at the moment. Based on the assumption that they're not lying (and let's face it's that's probably not 100% safe assumption), I think he'll keep "improving" and clearing his lungs or whatever and they'll deem him fit enough to be wheeled back home and propped up in his sofa with 12 very-well-placed cushions again. Then just as he's in the ambulance on the way home his body will just suddenly give up and he'll croak. I managed to predict Murray would beat Djokovic in straight sets (although I didn't have any money on it sadly), I managed to guess the Royal Baby's gender (although that was a coin-toss obviously) so let's see if I can get this one right too, for three-in-a-row.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

well it's certainy wierd that he's supposedely been 'improving' f or the past several weeks yet he's still in critical condition.Can't have improved that much then!

I am now thoroughly convinced that Mandela has been dead since June and Zuma is just stopping the truth from getting out till just before the next election, at which point he will tell everyone that his last words were "Make sure Zuma wins".

Well... he outlived this thread, didn't he? Certainly no-one expected that. Everyone seems to have suddenly decided he is immortal. Or they've just run out of tasteless gags.

At this point I'd just like to chip in with my latest "prediction" to add to all the other baseless predictions. They keep saying he's improving at the moment. Based on the assumption that they're not lying (and let's face it's that's probably not 100% safe assumption), I think he'll keep "improving" and clearing his lungs or whatever and they'll deem him fit enough to be wheeled back home and propped up in his sofa with 12 very-well-placed cushions again. Then just as he's in the ambulance on the way home his body will just suddenly give up and he'll croak. I managed to predict Murray would beat Djokovic in straight sets (although I didn't have any money on it sadly), I managed to guess the Royal Baby's gender (although that was a coin-toss obviously) so let's see if I can get this one right too, for three-in-a-row.

I managed to guess the Royal Baby's name before he was born. I'm saying that Nelson Mandela will die next year.

Guest Guest

Some major breaking news on the Mandela front this m orning! He's had a letter threatening to cut off his electricity for late payment! http://www.cbsnews.c...f-johannesburg/ Do you think ATOS have started supplying electricity in South Africa by any chance? :huh:

Guest Guest

Latest official update is he is still critical but stable, conscious and responsive,but talk of an improvement has ended, and reading between the lines I definatately detect that hope is n ow fading that he will ever leave hospital again.It's just a matter of time before he starts fading away and dies.A few weeks at most probably http://www.aljazeera...8482481214.html

A group of south African football fans have gathered outside nelson Mandela's hospital they have finally put down their

vuvuzela's and are chanting something :

Are you ariel sharon in disguise , are you ariel sharonnnn in disguise .

A group of south African football fans have gathered outside nelson Mandela's hospital they have finally put down their

vuvuzela's

A group of woman's football fans then. Be painful though.

• Like 2

Guest Guest

same reason he can sit up and watch tv yet still be in a critical condition.It's a fucking miracle