Our Sole

Nelson Mandela

Maggie died on a weekday though?

She certainly did. A Monday morning never looked so bright and cheerful

• Like 1

As for the pun, although I think we've had the best one, I would still like to submit Africa Korpse for consideration.

Guest doctor mike

BREAKING NEWS:

NELSON MANDELA IS....a bit better today!

Could this go on for months is that possible?

In a word,no.Unless his condition significantly improves he cannot live in this condition more than a few days

BREAKING NEWS:

NELSON MANDELA IS....a bit better today!

Could this go on for months is that possible?

In a word,no.Unless his condition significantly improves he cannot live in this condition more than a few days

Try telling that to Ariel Sharon .

The fact that he is trying to open his eyes points towards improvement .

If he falls into a coma (if he is not already in one ) I think his family will opt to turn off life support .

Guest Guest

yes but Mandela is significantly older and his vital organs are failing.Sharon is physically still strong

yes but Mandela is significantly older and his vital organs are failing.Sharon is physically still strong

I personally wouldn't call someone who's been in a coma for nearly a decade "physically strong"...

However I've been scrolling through your posts here geust_guest and it seems you really want Mandela to die, that isn't very nice of you, what has this man ever done to you?

I have honoustly stopped caring about all those gossipy health updates that seem to be released everyday, when he dies then i will likely hear about it anyway, so until that happens i am going to ignore every tmz-like rumor written about his health....

"I won't lie. It doesn't look good," oldest daughter Makaziwe Mandela said. But "if we speak to him he responds and tries to open his eyes - he's still there.

"Anything is imminent, but I want to emphasize again that it is only God who knows when the time to go is," she told local radio.

She says about a guy being kept artificially alive...

George Best managed an eight-week death rattle. Be a surprise if Nels' beats him.

Guest Guest

i fear you're right. Looks like Mandelas beaten the odds again. I now think he will pulll through and get home again. We are going to have to go through t his many more times I'm afraid

My first post to this forum and I thought I'd opt for this thread as I just laughed out loud on my train with the suggestions for a headline when Mandela finally pops his clogs..although with the way things are going, looks like he could hang on a bit longer yet. He's certainly teasing us with all these ups and downs. I thought he was a goner a few weeks ago.

I reckon he's a dead cert for this year though.

Guest Guest

There are indications tonight that Nelson Mandela could be in his final hours.Former Pres FW De Klerk is cutting short a foreign trip and rushing back to South Africa tonight so he can see Mandela before he dies http://www.news24.co...andela-20130629

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

• Like 5

Agree that it's harder than one would expect, but a potential headline for your consideration ...

"Our Father" who art in Heaven, Mandela be thy name.

Guest Gareth

I can't help but just think... 'Mandeadla' - simple, punchy and to the point - just like a good headline should be!

Short of that, you might wanna play on the 'jail time' element... 'Final "lights out" for Mandela' or 'Banged up, this time... In a box'

I've not got many friends, quite honestly... I don't expect to make any here.

But peace to you all the same!

:-)

GR

Guest guest guest

Mandela is very old and looks frail!! I think he could be 2016 Deathlist material

I get the feeling he's gonna be hanging on off and on, on and off for a while yet. Keep in mind he has a lot of stamina and endured all kinds of horrors during those years he was imprisoned.

Guest Guest

Wouldn't it be pognant if Mandela died today,the day Obama visits his old jail cell.in Robin Island !

Wouldn't it be pognant if Mandela died today,the day Obama visits his old jail cell.in Robin Island !

I wish someone would send you there, or somewhere without Internet access!